• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Its such a **** situation for you Plank. At this point everyone (that matters) is 100% over it except for Hax and M2K. I don't know how long it'll take for them to stop caring, but eventually they'll get over it too.

I'd give it 6 months max. You'll get back on your Melee grind soon. The good thing is a lot of people like you, especially in your region, so inevitably our voices will drown out the haters.

CTL17

Smash Lord
^ chill out about the playstyle thing. You play Sheik; you're not gonna play like Mango's Fox.

just play however will help you win, and more importantly, improve.

we should play next time =) I need dat sheik practice
I request that I play him first.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Its such a **** situation for you Plank. At this point everyone (that matters) is 100% over it except for Hax and M2K. I don't know how long it'll take for them to stop caring, but eventually they'll get over it too.

I'd give it 6 months max. You'll get back on your Melee grind soon. The good thing is a lot of people like you, especially in your region, so inevitably our voices will drown out the haters.
yea inorite. it doesnt bother me all that much. they are pitiful people. anyway i mentioned something to ctl before about the next shell shocked coming up in spring and wanted to see what people thought/if people would be down. where we could charge a $5 venue and it would go to pound prize winners. i would also match the $5 for the venue fee as a contribution too... like if 30 people came thatd be 150 in venue plus my 150 so someone could get 300 (maybe whatever player decides to travel to this event?) I figured this could be a good way to attract more players, raise money and get some bigger names to come to md/va. i would contribute extra depending on how many people came. since the shell shocked is so far away i could definitely plan for that...

at this point i duno if id still even want to do it anyway, but the thoughts out there. if we ever went through with it, i say hax should be banned ^_^

CTL17

Smash Lord
We're planning on getting it for 2/11. (I checked sports dates and there are no major games near that day. If there is something else that is happening then augh.) I'm going to talk with the venue provider next Wednesday, and if everything goes well, then we can get to talking about what to do with Shell Shocked.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sweet! the parking was so nuts last time LOL by the time i left i was the only car on 193

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Double Post:

Plank and the rest of MD/VA should drive to Richmond before Apex so we can all get better as a reason. I can hold some killer smashfests, and possible a tournament.

Availjunior

Smash Cadet
Where are you in Richmond Tope, im going to be at home thanksgiving and christmas right in the middle of the fan

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i believe the whole thing was my fault, in that i got everyone in the situation. however there were a lot of factors which contributed to the overall financial failure which would be conversations in themselves to get into. however, once i figured that fiancials could be an issue i did everything in my power to make sure people understood not to cram rooms. i took extra precautions with hotel, had them add to my hotel contract, posted a million times, etc. with the amount of people i had everything wouldve been fine if people followed the directions they directly signed into, but because people decided to break THE LAW and the RULES of the TO whos tournament THEY decided to come to, the money was lost for the prizewinners and i had to pay for the extra hotel rooms. just because it is what you are "used to" and i "shouldve known" doesnt mean its okay to just ignore what the host of the tournament you are attending says. if you arent going to obey what they say, you cant assess appropriate consequences. i am willing to help because I -WANT- to, not because I feel like I -HAVE- to. i would still contribute at the same ratio if there was no venue fee assessed, I just think its a good/appropriate gesture. really mahone you are just a turd

Mahone

Smash Champion
I know what ur saying plank, everyone acted like cheap *******s and they definitely skrewed you over, but it was your choice to take that risk...

edit: ya i think i was being too harsh, it is a good idea plank, at least ur trying to pay people back... My b

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Double Post:

Plank and the rest of MD/VA should drive to Richmond before Apex so we can all get better as a reason. I can hold some killer smashfests, and possible a tournament.
downsies, just gotta give me a date like a week ahead of time

ephoenix6

Smash Rookie
Time to blow the dust off my smashboards account. If anyone wants to smash today, they're welcome to come to my house. My number is 703 231 4296. I live in Sterling VA. Call for the adress

:phone:

My thx giving break is Friday Nov 18 to Sunday Nov 27

ALSO

I'm going to try asking the library people if I can rent out their big room for a day (best day would have to be Tuesday (Dec 27) or Wednesday (Dec 28), unless you don't mind a venue closing at 5pm on a Saturday. I might make it a Brawl and Melee event

Top Bottom