• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Those GREV videos have given me so much **** you have no idea.

Everyone's got these ridiculous expectations for me. Apparently consistently placing dead last at every event, and getting wrecked on every video uploaded on youtube isn't enough to convince people that I'm not this almighty smash god that they imagine me to be. I went to west coast and people were thinking I was going to storm up their power rankings. Whenever someone hears that they are facing me in tournament, their eyes widen, their shoulders slack, and they let out a "****!" If I sit down with anybody for friendlies for the first time, after I introduce myself they always say "The Crimson Blur? I've heard of you..." and then they play like its a chance of a lifetime. Why? Because I have a early join date and I write pretty?

And then of course the worst feeling is after a few matches they start realizing I'm a fraud. I don't know why I care so much but the change in their demeanor really bothers me.

All I wanted was to record my sets against people better than me so I could learn from it, or whatever people keep telling me I'd get out of watching footage of myself make horrible decisions and technical mistakes. Instead all I got was people blowing up my youtube and smashboards inboxes, and my facebook and AIM, telling me how garbage I am. I don't know what about me makes randomMarth123 feel compelled to rub salt in the wound, but apparently thats the cool thing to do in the smash community. Plenty of good players have reached out to me too, and they are generally helpful, but of course every conversation starts with "damn, I'm surprised he ***** you that badly." And now I got someone who I thought was my homie exposing me in front of the world out of nowehere. ****ing sweet. Can't wait to get on that "amazing matches" thread, thats gonna be awesome.

Can't I be a scrub in peace?

CTL17

Smash Lord
I'm very curious as to where these West Coasters are getting their sources.

Roger, there's no need to pour gas on a fire.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Well I'm sorry if you feel like I'm somehow against you, but I can assure you I'm not. I think part of why you feel like that is because that's how you've been reacting to other people. I was very obviously joking about the post (troll face), and it was only a response to you teasing me about being wrong in StrongBad's thread (which I'm fine with). It just feels like a case of dishing it but not taking it. It's also misleading to say I "introduced it to the world." I didn't record and upload the video. I didn't even post it in a bunch of threads. I just posted in one random thread where everyone continued to post, completely ignoring the video because they don't know who either of us are and don't really care. And like I said, everyone gets 4-stocked; that's life. You can't ignore the fact that you said "1 stock? I'm going to take more than that!" and then continued to lose 2 more stocks. If you hadn't said that I would have been really frustrated that you had a bad game in a crew battle, but when you say something like that and it completely backfires, it's always going to be ironic and funny.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
TCB you just summed up my entire smash youtube career. People actively hate me on there, I dunno why.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Well I'm sorry if you feel like I'm somehow against you, but I can assure you I'm not. I think part of why you feel like that is because that's how you've been reacting to other people. I was very obviously joking about the post (troll face), and it was only a response to you teasing me about being wrong in StrongBad's thread (which I'm fine with). It just feels like a case of dishing it but not taking it. It's also misleading to say I "introduced it to the world." I didn't record and upload the video. I didn't even post it in a bunch of threads. I just posted in one random thread where everyone continued to post, completely ignoring the video because they don't know who either of us are and don't really care. And like I said, everyone gets 4-stocked; that's life. You can't ignore the fact that you said "1 stock? I'm going to take more than that!" and then continued to lose 2 more stocks. If you hadn't said that I would have been really frustrated that you had a bad game in a crew battle, but when you say something like that and it completely backfires, it's always going to be ironic and funny.
Its alright bro.

I have smilies adblocked at work so I couldn't see the trollface tho

Guys, stfu and leave crimson alone you ******s...

go back to talking about how greg 4 stocked me
OK I'll admit that was pretty funny.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
There's plenty of seats left as far as I know, we just to figure out who needs to go
Send me a PM just as a reminder if you want to go (that goes for everyone else who is going to ROM)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
jcaez ive got room for you if its just you.

it would be

tope
me
cyrain
you

and project m

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Depends. Will the air in your car remain fully oxygenated? I don't care if you wanna smoke up or whatever, but I don't wanna be stuck in it, no offense

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
On a trip that far i wouldnt want my car smelling like it. i totally understand btw, but no there will be no smoking in my car on the trip so no worries for that

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
kaffei i thought playing u was awesome. your m2k-stolen-trix were sexies

edit:: anytime u want to play i will play, im always down to drive. i tell this to all..

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
WHAT

lol

dude, i ****ing hate smashers

i ****ing cant even play the game i love anymore

this is malarchy =[

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think the real issue is, how did it feel to get caught ****ing Strife's mom? That's the only explanation I can come up with... Although, I guess if you ****ed his dad, you'd get a similar reaction.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Dude just make an alt account. Most of the smashers who actually know you don't care anyway. It's just the randoms who have heard the gossip that get bent out of shape about you going to tourneys.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
@Plank: lol thx...
@Ryan: lots of people even in brawl no ones wants to play me i just like to sit by the ledge and gimp them but everyone thinks that is boring idk how else to play without getting *****

@Ryan: lots of people even in brawl no ones wants to play me i just like to sit by the ledge and gimp them but everyone thinks that is boring idk how else to play without getting *****
**** THE HATERS!

Smashers will whine like *****es about anything

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
@Plank: lol thx...
you **** me on stage anyways its fine

in friendlies ill just go to the ledge and not give a ****

in seriouslies i wont go near you lol

Top Bottom