• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You don't have to enter the tournament if you don't want I think...

Edit: you also owe me like 10$ lol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Actually, what is currently dc was the part that was taken from Maryland. The part of DC that is now in Virginia again (the south reclaimed it during the civil war) is now known as Arlington and some parts of Alexandria. It's really easy to notice if you look at a map on the metro, since when you add arlington to dc, it almost makes a perfect square.

Zeros

Smash Cadet
gonna try to make it to this, lots of posts tho hope theres still room. i think ill try to bring a Cube + TV with me but my TV is small fair warning lol. what time is this all going down?

Zeros

Smash Cadet
yea, been away for awhile... but seriously tho what time is this? lol dont wanna be late or hella early
Edit** OOPS sorry im Blind as a Bat lol set for 12PM - 11 PM cant believe i missed that lol. Hope yall dont mind 20$ bills tho the ATMs around my way only give 20s

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Actually, what is currently dc was the part that was taken from Maryland. The part of DC that is now in Virginia again (the south reclaimed it during the civil war) is now known as Arlington and some parts of Alexandria. It's really easy to notice if you look at a map on the metro, since when you add arlington to dc, it almost makes a perfect square.
shut the **** up sage

Can't afford to keep losing $5 everytime. Plus, I was bringing a friend and he might enter if it's $5. LAME OoS Smashers should be free.
FalconPunch? More like FalconCrunch. Just come and hang around and be bored until the tourney is over.

MD/VA is the same state in smash my friend.
Amen, bruddah.

I'm gonna try to come. Should I bring GG or anything?
You can bring whatever the hell you want. Variety after tournament = win.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
And just so everybody knows, I'm going to bed now, so all late-night questions will have to wait until the morning to be answered.

People can start arriving at noon. Tournament is scheduled to start at 1:00. We'll do singles first, then doubles.

Zeros

Smash Cadet
actually im just gonna bring my Cube the TV i have is a Flat Screen and it lags a lil while playing smash :( so thats a no-go lol. Doesnt lag too bad but kinda feels like your swimming up stream ya know? well anyway, trying to make it, and bringing a Cube+Game+Card with me.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a cube as well, also i'm paying entirely in 1 dollar bills. I'll bring some extra in case you need help breaking the pot

DyceDarg

Smash Cadet
So...couldn't make it this time. Is it okay if I bring a friend? And uhh...If I'm not as great as you people (I can SHFFL and wavedash and stuff...but I've never really played outside my group of friends) do I just kinda...fail out?

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
wtf skyheart i didn't even see you lol, did you come after 6? because i left for work around 5:50

i ended up playing shiek practically this entire tourny because i got tired of foxes and falcos effortlessly ****** my c.falcon

i must say, although my performance was better it does leave a pretty big gap somewhere in my heart after switching from the manliest character in the game to the complete opposite

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i ended up playing shiek practically this entire tourny because i got tired of foxes and falcos effortlessly ****** my c.falcon
>_>

LOL Big mistake man. At high levels Sheik pretty much gets ***** by Fox and Falco (goes more even with Falco I've heard). She is NOT the character you want to use against them lmao. Use Marth, Fox, or Falco for those matchups if you don't like them with Falcon. I personally love using Falcon vs Fox cause of the **** you can lay on him. Just play smart and you read their minds when they tech like Darkrain haha

Shinku

Smash Champion
shieks not bad at all, but i think your a falcon player.

i say stick with falcon if you can **** hard with combos, but if you really know the gimps against spacies, it wouldn't hurt to play both

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
just cloud up and rain all over me guys its cool

LOL seriously though, picking up shiek wasn't ENTIRELY because fox ***** me, i actually kind of like playing as her

having a useful spot dodge is the most awesome thing ever

having a remote chance of recovering back onto the stage is nice

needles are pretty swell

her downsmash is awesome although i feel like a scrub whenever i use it

spacing with needles, aerials and wavedashing is a cool new concept that i am having fun with

so yeah for now shiek is just an entertaining choice for me, and it's not like i'm quitting falcon forever

ChuDat

Smash Master
Kirby is too good. Right Chinesahh? LOLZ

Why hasn't anyone written down the placing yet? I'd like to see my name at the top hahah

1. ChuDat (Kirby)
2. Chinesahh (Fox, Marth, Sheik, Falcon)
3. Shinku (Marth, Fox)
4. No_Face?

Someone help me here lolz

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
June 20th Tournament Results:

Singles:
1: ChuDat (he went all Kirby...)
2: Chinesahh
3: Shinku
4: Zeros
5: Rei