• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
O god
I got so mindgamed by THESAUSAGE

Teams was pretty ****
Can't wait for those vids

Got super ***** in singles though haha
Must get better so I don't scrub out in first round pools at Pound

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Lol, good **** everyone today.

Oh wait, except we're all still AWFUL v_v ugh LOL.
Shoutouts to Plank for the most ridiculous suicides ever,
and bad **** Luigi, I hate you.

But yeah I wanna see at least like 8-10 MD/VA make third round pound pools. It's a challenge but doable.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Judging by our relative skill levels and the skill levels required to make it out of third round of brackets last pound I highly doubt that possibility. I'm aiming to make it to 2nd round of pools. I don't want to be a game away like last year.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I do think some of our players do have good chances. But...

I wish I had more Fox practice. The only Fox I ever really played regularly at all was bowsermax

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wild ****** appeared!
Pokemon Trainer Red sent out Doll!
Doll used ****!
It's not very effective...
****** called Doll fat!
It's super effective!
Doll fainted!
Pokemon Trainer Red sent out Sypherphoenix!
****** used Jigglypuff!
Sypherphoenix used jigglypuff ditto!
It's not very effective...
****** used gay jigglypuff is gay.
It's super effective.
Sypherphoenix fainited.
Pokemon Trainer Red has no more pokemon!
Red whited out...

Yea that's who I'm guessing is beind thesausage (or on top of it as one may say)...

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Congrats everyone! I'm free to smash almost anytime this week. If anyone wants a MD smash, send me a PM and we will make it happen :)

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
LOL **** luigi but in reality we just need to practice more looooool

3rd round of pools was easy to make it too getting out of it was hard haha ...

and besides that me and thumbs actually need to practice for once XD

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Haha Chival, we should try to hang before Pound 5 and get some practice in! You can re-teach yourself while fighting me! XD O_~b

Most people don't like getting wobbled. But if you're down then sure. :p
Do your worst when Nana's alive

Do better when she's dead

...vs Zelda

Zelda ***** Nana

Harder than any other character in the game

That

Or I suck vs solo Popo

Vist

Smash Champion
i want vidssssssss

someone get Ted aka chred2akrisp aka Theodore 'shreddedminiwheats2aricekrispies' Roosevelt to chred some light on the situation

hot$

Smash Ace
chival, that still doesnt make it "dumb". I dont care about the "what if's". they grab you, your dead. again "dont get grabbed" thats a what if. the wobble its self is dumb, me getting grabbed is me being dumb. 2 dumbs dont make a right o_O

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Wobbling definitely feels stupid when it happens. No argument there. But if you played ICs competitively as I do, you probably wouldn't hate wobbling nearly as much.

Just think about the old argument: if wobbling was so broken, why aren't there hordes of people picking up ICs and winning tournaments? It's a pretty dam good argument. :ohwell:

BigWenz

Smash Ace
joe, plank said he hadn decided yet. also that argument of oh why more people arent playing ic's and winning with them is partially dumb. u can use that argument for any character really. no matter how good a character is. if u dont know what ur doing ur still gonna get *****. also if ur character is really ****ty but ur extremely good with that character while ur opponent is using a great character but sucks with them then the person with ****ty character will still win.

also i tried playing ic's and i didn enjoy playing them. they just dont feel right for me. people pick characters not just because of their pros and ability to win with that character, but also do they feel right to the individual i.e does the person enjoy playing them?

furthermore wobbling imo is dumb only cause unlike the rest of ics cg's their is absolutely nothing the person being wobbled can do past like 30%. (before then if im not mistaken u can wiggle out of it) at least with their other **** u can DI, SDI, etc to get out of them. (not saying u can always escape but least u have a chance)

and the dont get grabbed argument is also dumb. this is melee we are talking about. no one is perfect a 100% of the time. and against the ice climbers ur gonna get grabbed sooner or later regardless if the grab leads to a wobble or not. even m2k (the robot) got grabbed by wobbles at apex. he still won the set but he did get grabbed and then got wobbled. so if m2k cant avoid being grabbed for an entire match what makes u think the average joe can?

also why would an ic's main hate wobbling? lol its easily their easiest chaingrab (if u can even call it that) and unless u feel pity for the person being wobbled they should always die from it.

Top Bottom