• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide "Not to be Taken Orally" Doc Guide by Cyphus *Plus tutorial vid by SmashMac*

VGmasta

Smash Lord
ah. in that case, okay:awesome: back on topic
Edit: is it just me, or is doc a hard player to play with?
In my opinion, Doc is not really that difficult to use. Doc is not very technical in comparison to Falco/Fox.

It does however take work to win with him. His priority and grab range is rather limited. So you have to play really smart against good opponents to land hits.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Doc. is difficult to win with against good players with a top-tier main. But the fulfillment of winning with him against those kids ... champion's glory.

Grodion

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, Doc is not really that difficult to use. Doc is not very technical in comparison to Falco/Fox.

It does however take work to win with him. His priority and grab range is rather limited. So you have to play really smart against good opponents to land hits.
so i suppose it is just me... it seems like doc doesnt really have any advantages vs common opponents (falco, falcon, fox, etc.) falco seems really easy to chain grab against, although his lazers are hella annoying...
I cant really train myself, as all my friends kinda suck at this game, and cpus have advantages/disadvantages that actual humans dont... is there any other way to train myself at this game?

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
so i suppose it is just me... it seems like doc doesnt really have any advantages vs common opponents (falco, falcon, fox, etc.) falco seems really easy to chain grab against, although his lazers are hella annoying...
I cant really train myself, as all my friends kinda suck at this game, and cpus have advantages/disadvantages that actual humans dont... is there any other way to train myself at this game?
Doc's got some really good combo's once you feel him out and can get good stun/priority hits in you'll be fine, and try reading the Doc Vs The World thread smashmac made

UconnScrub

Smash Rookie
NNID
GamingJack247
Great guide, this has helped me a lot with my Doc play, but just one thing to note. 3 of the stages you listed are never actually played competitively, being there are only 5 neutrals and a counter pick in singles. (Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, and Mute City are never allowed). Still love this guide though.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Great guide, this has helped me a lot with my Doc play, but just one thing to note. 3 of the stages you listed are never actually played competitively, being there are only 5 neutrals and a counter pick in singles. (Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, and Mute City are never allowed). Still love this guide though.
Those stages were legal back in the day (9 yrs ago) when this guide was made.

BTW Doc is not the only char that can taunt cancel with the 'balance' animation; Young Link does it too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom