• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide "Not to be Taken Orally" Doc Guide by Cyphus *Plus tutorial vid by SmashMac*

McD

Smash Journeyman
I am new to the Doc and a Bit of Mario...and this stuff will help out a ton...and the practicing will be pretty good...cause my freinds are all different types of chars...Samus..Marth...Sheik...Fox/Falco....and so on....but this will help out a ton...especially on how to beet each Character...although I will admit that I didn't read it fully...cause its to **** long for my lazy ***...

But thx Neway

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I love it..... but you forgot to add (in Mario's comparison) that Mario has a wallkick(unlike Doc).And Mario can wallkick at the end of the coinjump(hard as hell to pull).

Congrats,

...later

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Amazing guide. You really know your stuff. I just recently decided to play as doc since, I don't do well against fox/falco and I there weren't really any other characters I wanted to use. Great guide, thank-you for not having that bull**** some other guides I've seen have (what the attack does).

Eek A Mouse

Smash Apprentice
Nice guide, as well as being the only one around with video accompaniment.

This has helped my Doc loads since reading it, I can do pretty much everything on there now apart from the godforsaken SHABAWD.

2Shae

Smash Rookie
I thought this guide was excellent, helped with a few things since im just starting to use Doc. However i did notice how you said the down tilt wasnt good to begin combos with or anyhting...and im gonna have to disagree. I was practicing some new combos with doc and i found that past 35% dmg on your opponent if you use the down tilt it will send them a little ways behind you, then you can just do some quick SHFFLed Bair's to get them off the stage...I found it to be quite effective, especially if your playing a falco, fox, or heavier in weight chars.

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
Good morning!

love the guide, honestly the best i've seen.

and other than SHBAWD, the only thing i cant really do is ledge cancel pills, like smashmac does at the very beginning of the video, and then again just over half way thru.

tips?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^ For ledge cancel pills, I couldn't really get it either. Then, I noticed if I did it at 1x speed vs. 1/4 speed; I barely jumped up (for 1/4 speed). So, basically tap down (that's what I use but some people use back) and then jump up straight afterwards. Try it at 1x speed and 1/4 speed. You'll notice the difference. Practice and then you will definitely get it.

Hoods

Smash Cadet
I can do just about everything. I just can't do most of the tings consisently. The only way I can do the perfect tornado is if I use my middle finger. So I'm still unable to use it in a fight.The pill stuff is pretty easy. Great Guide BTW

SmashMac

Smash Lord
DonT said:
How do u uair like that in the video? C-Stick?

Anyways, Great Guide, It helps
Yea, the C-stick is best for really any type of a smash/aerial attack. The C-stick can be charged by holding Z too so that's another little random thing that may make the C-stick a bit more useful to people.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
this is a great guide, it's helping me improve a lot. i'm basically reading it everyday until HOST in 3 days to make sure i know everything i can to fight people that much better than me

DeathWave

Smash Rookie
*is cyphus on friend's name*

the best of luck to you man. Wish i could go. Gea will of course be there, so my doc-spirit goes out to the both of you =D

Doc.

Smash Ace
wow i acutally learned something i think im afraid im gonna forget it in the heat of battle with real opponents

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I just would like to say Thanks to Cyphus for making this awesome guide again and for giving me the opportunity to make a video explaining the moves that you introduced and more.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
bleh.i also pretty much updated 90% the guide too...
Nearly everything has been been given either a slight, unnotiable makeover to complete revamp which is evident in the character-vs. section from Fox all the way to right before Doc.
You'll notice much more organized, systematic advice and proffesional attitude in all characters above doc...while doc and under still remains in the old style of guide.
...mostly because i still don't feel i've got enough new experience to give them a real makeover yet (or i'm just taking a break)..so yea..eventually i'll finish making them...

prolly in a month (or 2) i'll be able to buy a capture card, and start recording new vids of myself...so i'm really looking forward to that, since i'm long overdo to show my sexyness.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
While edgeguarding, Instead of just waiting to Cape...anticipate the Illusion. UpTilt knocks Fox right out of his illusion and below the ledge...then you can cape his UpB since its much easier.
I didn't know that. O_o Gotta try this.
When recovering, encourage yourself to Tornado in clear sight of potential lasers. The slight stun barely moves you, and allows you to tornado again, increasing your distance!
I thought you could only tornado one time per flight. O_o Gotta try that.

Great guide Cyphus, hope to play against you soon.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
bleh.i also pretty much updated 90% the guide too...
Nearly everything has been been given either a slight, unnotiable makeover to complete revamp which is evident in the character-vs. section from Fox all the way to right before Doc.
You'll notice much more organized, systematic advice and proffesional attitude in all characters above doc...while doc and under still remains in the old style of guide.
...mostly because i still don't feel i've got enough new experience to give them a real makeover yet (or i'm just taking a break)..so yea..eventually i'll finish making them...
Nice new info.
prolly in a month (or 2) i'll be able to buy a capture card, and start recording new vids of myself...so i'm really looking forward to that, since i'm long overdo to show my sexyness.
I cannot wait!!!

Bob Money

Smash Ace
ill be having new vids coming out this weekend
tournament matches vs Die superfly ...hes hecka good :)) double chin face

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^^^ Yay, Bobmoney vids! To top it off it's Doc vs Sheik. I cannot wait for this weekend now. Gonna study those vids since I have trouble in Doc vs Sheik and Sheik vs Doc. It's a double win for me...onto topic now...

Cyphus, ummm... your guide is still amazing... maybe you should put a vid of yourself vs the character in the right place. Vids are always helpful for people. ;) Iunno, I'm just trying to be on topic... Lu owns Doc because of Lu's aerials and all that good stuff he has... anyone know a good way to beat Lu's down+b when he's coming down from above the stage... if you know it's coming that is?

Nerrull

Smash Rookie
this is really helpful

im kinda new to all the combos so this helps like hell

rock on!

guesswho

Smash Cadet
live by the guide die by the guidealthough samus is hard as hell to play against on Final destination who spams projectiles better

choban08

Smash Cadet
wow cyphus sweet guide man ive been playin doc for a while after i saw a combo video by bob money and this guide really helped me out thanks a lot man

Top Bottom