• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings - Updated for Summer season October 19, 2015

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Not that I would be on the list anyway, but I won't be at CF3.
And right now I'm very uncertain of wether or not I'll be at the next monthly.

DTR

Smash Journeyman
vanz
4%
flip
X
chase
pat
kitty
dempt
s1
sweet/ralis
jaiye

just based on personal experience and whatnot

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
that's accurate, but Dempt is going below me as of right now. he may go below sweet depending on what happens next time they meet.

DTR

Smash Journeyman
yeah personally i have a harder time with matt than you but i think he has said that you surpassed him? no objections here. if there are any fights for spots 9 and 10 peeps can hopefully settle it on friday

:phone:

DTR

Smash Journeyman
oh please. matt should be on the list whether he wants to or not ;) + he wants to play like everyday. that break stuff is bs

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
For the record. As far as at this moment. IMO
1. VaNz
2. 4%
3. Flip/X
4. ^
5. Minnty
6. Pat
7. S1
8. Sweet/Dempt (I'd give the edge to sweet doe)
9. ^
10. Skyson/kitty

I'll let you guys break the ties

DTR

Smash Journeyman
lol no. i love max and i dont know how you do against him but i cant see him being above you yet

+ no kitty carroll?

FlipX

Smash Ace
Kitty is better than all the ashtabula kids and dempt. He did beat sweet with his marth in a MM (and his marth is BAD not to mention it's marth v sheik). Pats list is about right, id work off that.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
With all respect, Flip, it's not head-to-head based between Chris and I. Yeah his Marth is good against Sheik, but I've beaten all his other characters before, including his Marth.

It goes back and forth to be honest. I don't want to start an argument about it, though. lol.

S1 The God

chris is better than me and sweet without a doubt

delaying the update til after the monthly this friday so i can check with the heights kids are workin wit

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
lol no. i love max and i dont know how you do against him but i cant see him being above you yet

+ no kitty carroll?
Nah. He just doesn't get away with dumb Peach stuff, since he plays ICs.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Don't put me on this list, I'm bad.

2013 Spring comes around though, I'll be playing again. I'm not going anywhere/having people over anymore though

DTR

Smash Journeyman
yeah i lean towards sweet but im not 100% sure. havent played either of them very much

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
asdfasdfadsf I haven't played sweet, kray, or S1 in forever so I don't even know how good you guys are anymore...

Oh well, all that matters right now is that, I did really badly at carrollfest, so I'm not going on this list anytime soon, lolz.

S1 The God

sweet and i are undoubtedly above you at this point. as biased as that is coming from me, im pretty sure everyone would agree.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You guys are ridiculous.

Who wins the head to head =/= Who is the better player

Can we just ignore who beats who and look at results? Is that so difficult?

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
neither kitty nor Dempt are fox mains
I think he meant you and kitty lol but kitty is demptinitely a fox main, he just doesn't like saying it ;)

Yeah Slarts, I get your point, but I'm not just going off one game. I'm also going off tourney results. He made it into the big boy bracket. He also beat, and placed higher than me. Last time I checked, I **** you. I'll put money down Sweet would beat you now.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Nah. He just doesn't get away with dumb Peach stuff, since he plays ICs.
Im flattered and all, but I dont deserve to be up there yet. Both you and Tony are clearly better than me at this point.

Also I've been really busy with life stuff recently so I'm a little worse than normal too... .-.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It means hardly anyone solo mains a character anymore, which is expected given this game has been out for 10+ years and a one-trick pony won't get very far. Puff mains are more likely to do so because her general formula of zone/juggle/gimp/rest and inherent susceptibility to dying absurdly early (not by means of a gimp, mind you) is the same against every matchup she faces (with small exceptions like YL whom she needs to chase from awkward angles and Peach who challenges her blow for blow in the air).

What's hilarious to me is that Puff essentially turns a Melee match into more of a slow paced tit-for-tat Brawl environment while Metaknight does the exact opposite in the other game (extremely gay plank-y MKs excluded of course).

:phone:

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I guess we'll just see when we play next. Like I said, I'm not arguing either way, just asking you to not count me out so quickly. I'm realizing in melee I have a lot more trouble in some matchups than others, which is something I really need to work on. What I'm essentially trying to say is this:

sweet = good at the fox/marth matchup, bad (compared to how well he knows the fox matchup) at the peach matchup
me = bad at the fox/marth matchup, good at the sheik matchup
therefore, I have a chance of beating sweet EVEN IF HE IS THE BETTER PLAYER OVERALL.

This speculation is silly. Go ahead and put sweet higher than me, he already was higher even when I was consistently beating him. It's not like I care about this list at all anymore.
Oh yes you do lol

Top Bottom