• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
xD me too no johns i didn't even get 1 point <3
kinda shows me that you MUST go to ncb to make it on the list

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
wow based on where i placed me and where i am placed on the new list....

did every other panelist place me lower than 16th? Wow....i believe people are ignoring things and just basing it on what they feel

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
xD me too no johns i didn't even get 1 point <3
kinda shows me that you MUST go to ncb to make it on the list
Yeah because Simna, Geo, KFC, Meep, Dark Mike, and Mexican all go to NCB's lol, note that NCB's will provide you with a higher rank because there is more competition, but are not mandatory to earn one.

EDIT: Also no they are not opinion they are based on fact, I know that has been said too many times.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
cool i like the list ^^

did every other panelist place me lower than 16th? Wow....i believe people are ignoring things and just basing it on what they feel
i think you are losing respect from us man. "gtfo" is not any way to treat a smasher in our community

try being less self-centered and think more of others

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
a quick example:

Person A is better than person B, but the panelists have seen much more action from person B.. thus person B is ranked higher.

err uhm.. is this the case w/ any of the top 25?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Not only is the list based on fact, but it's also a true representation of life.

Isai wins at life. Well, more than any of you, anyway.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I saw your face and wow
ZOMG LOL

And yes the list is based on fact, not the fact that you are better than someone, but the fact that one person has proven more than you have lately. I'm sure there are people who are better than some above them, but have not proven this, thus being lower;)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I know we're not supposed to argue on here or anything, but this is very pressing and quite an obvious mistake on the part of the panelists.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER for Bob$ to be in 8th. Who is Norcal trying to kid? Are you guys trying to deny his talent just to bust him out at the next national event?? It's not going to work, everybody already knows how good he is. This is ridiculous. Bob$ should be 1st on this list, no questions asked.

DO IT NOW!

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I know we're not supposed to argue on here or anything, but this is very pressing and quite an obvious mistake on the part of the panelists.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER for Bob$ to be in 8th. Who is Norcal trying to kid? Are you guys trying to deny his talent just to bust him out at the next national event?? It's not going to work, everybody already knows how good he is. This is ridiculous. Bob$ should be 1st on this list, no questions asked.

DO IT NOW!
lol

Wait...

yeah, lol

hugQ Cortex

Master
Why was Snap completely wiped from the list? He did make it out of pools at NCT2. He went from placing 9th to not even being on the list anymore. This makes no sense. Can anyone please explain?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Bane: If you give me one of those bills I'll put Bob in first.

HUGQ: Snap was removed per his request.

This should be explained in the first post eventually. I think Lunin will update it when it's not his birthday.

Snap

Smash Ace

simna, this is very annoying and you need to shut the f*ck up.

If you *know* you're better than the people above you, why does it matter what anyone else thinks? Is it not enough for you to know for yourself that you're really amazing at super smash brothers melee, but in fact you need to have this confirmed by being recognized by everyone via this list?

I don't think complaining incessantly is going to move you any higher up.

I don't see geo complaining. that's why we love geo

i love geo so much <3 geo geo geo geo geo geo i love u <3333333333 geo

edit: happy birthday lunin my love <3

edit2: lunin can u do me a favor and remove this part from the description:
"Yeah, this list is the stuff of legends."
i mean that is like the lamest thing i ever read.

please. thx <3

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
If you *know* you're better than the people above you, why does it matter what anyone else thinks? Is it not enough for you to know for yourself that you're really amazing at super smash brothers melee, but in fact you need to have this confirmed by being recognized by everyone via this list?
But that's exactly what the list is for, Snap. If it didn't matter what anyone else thought then this list wouldn't exist.

This list is made by results of tournaments and matches on an erratic timeline and sometimes not by results at all. What we need to do is make a set of standards by which each player is viewed. We would need to make this set relatively loose, but it should exist nonetheless. Also, there need to be a definite timeline to follow per update. We can't look at results from sometime, then skip sometime, then look at other results from further ahead or behind.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
But that's exactly what the list is for, Snap. If it didn't matter what anyone else thought then this list wouldn't exist.

This list is made by results of tournaments and matches on an erratic timeline and sometimes not by results at all. What we need to do is make a set of standards by which each player is viewed. We would need to make this set relatively loose, but it should exist nonetheless. Also, there need to be a definite timeline to follow per update. We can't look at results from sometime, then skip sometime, then look at other results from further ahead or behind.
Please explain why Nintendoking is above both me and Boback, based on what you just wrote here.

And be careful with your words.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Let me address some questions.

Bob$ is in 8th for a simple reason.
Bob$ has not proven that he can beat a lot of the people above him in the last few months. Other people have. I'm unwilling to just let someone's momentum from being really good 6 months ago allow him to maintain a rank while using, say, Pikachu, in a tourney and losing to people like me and Foxroar.

We all know Bob is good. We're not being naive about this. If you look at his tourney record for the last few months though, and went SOLELY on that, he could be 3-4 spots lower.

Now for the fun part, Simna.

I find that your post, when juxtaposed with what I know about your list, is a great source of humor to me. You speak of people basing it off "how they feel" and not "facts." Yet, there are absolutely no facts available to justify some of your choices, and it is clear that you are guilty of precisely of what you accuse the rest of the panelists. The fact is that NK has not only NOT beaten anyone on the list, but in fact lost to many people who are not on it. Honestly, how would you explain that to someone who is trying to understand the list? What possible words are there that you could use to convince someone? What EVIDENCE is there? There CANNOT be any except for some friendlies that he has played with you and others, since his tournament record, sparse as it is, provides none to begin with. Now, I'm not saying you can't use friendlies to adjust a person's rank a spot, but I'll be ****ed if a panelist is going to use ENTIRELY friendlies to justify someone's spot on the list.

Similarly, you yourself lost to Frotaz and Scamp. Scamp was previously not on the list. Yet this does nothing to stop you from putting yourself above, say, Hella, who beat Lunin, Falcomist, and Foxroar recently; or Geo, who I'm pretty sure can beat you and a bunch of people that you lose to; and Scamp not even ON; Scamp who has beaten Shadow, Simna, et al. This tells me that wins against Shadow and yourself are worth less to you in your eyes as evidence than whatever in the he!! convinced you to put NK up there. I don't see how someone can possibly make that argument. If you do anything but apologize for this ridiculous oversight, I'll be disappointed.

Though, I sort of blame myself for acquiescing to let a Sac rep on the panel, when in fact nobody in Sac, I feel, is qualified to be on the panel. It was largely due to Simna's incessant whining that we did so, and now that I see his words for what they are, I know that we were wrong to listen to him. The fact is that Sac has little knowledge of or participation in the tournament scene outside its own, which is itself quite limited, so I don't really think we need anyone to represent their interests to have an accurate list. However, <3 Geo.

Yup.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
Hating on Sac.......awesome!!!LOL! yeah Sacramento sucks for smash events....thats all i am going to say....and partial part of smashers not being super active is.....cars.....lol

that applys to me!

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
FMF ftw

raise rank plz

Look at that **** a Washington player says a Norcal player to increase me in RANK aha xD.

Thx Tori really appreciate ur support man but it up to the panel list not me ^^.

Thx for the support again Tori. xD Tori #1 in WASHINGTON xD.

MArth dittos?

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Lol anytime

Frotaz thinks marth dittos are stupid because of F Throw F Smash xD

cept peach all the high tiers **** eachother, too fun

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I definitely agree with Simna in at least two respects: there should be constant consideration of all players, with no gaps in time. All information that is available should be considered by all panel members. Also, constant updates would be beneficial. If that were done, it would help keep the panel members more consistent, because they would know that it is their duty as a member of the panel to keep a close eye on many players.

However Hyuga is correct. From what he has said, you acted hypocritically. The accusations you made condemn yourself just as well. But unlike Hyuga, I do not think your accusations were the result of oversight. I believe you stated exactly what you meant, and in that respect I agree: there should be a set of guidelines ion determining the rankings done by the panel members. This recommendation falls upon Simna himself as equally as it does the other panel members. While he is guilty of what he accuses others for, he simultaneously admits his own mistake, whether intentional or no.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I definitely agree with Simna in at least two respects: there should be constant consideration of all players, with no gaps in time. All information that is available should be considered by all panel members. Also, constant updates would be beneficial. If that were done, it would help keep the panel members more consistent, because they would know that it is their duty as a member of the panel to keep a close eye on many players.

However Hyuga is correct. From what he has said, you acted hypocritically. The accusations you made condemn yourself just as well. But unlike Hyuga, I do not think your accusations were the result of oversight. I believe you stated exactly what you meant, and in that respect I agree: there should be a set of guidelines ion determining the rankings done by the panel members. This recommendation falls upon Simna himself as equally as it does the other panel members. While he is guilty of what he accuses others for, he simultaneously admits his own mistake, whether intentional or no.

the problem is that simna doesn't seem to be aware that he is living in this false reality where nintendo king is better then scamp. so when he is saying that other people are using personal bias, its not because he is too, its because he honestly thinks that his list is right and everyone else is just picking on him.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Hmmmmmzzzz. I like this panel a lot better than the old one and I think that the rankings more accurately smashing 1337s in Norcal.

And hey I got 9th at a biweekly and at some silly Gamecrazy tournament I got 3rd. I'm not saying go by any of that but don't make me feel bad. Geeze.

MEAN EDIT:

Hyuga sucks. That is all.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sorry NK. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. (i.e. right above me on Simna's list.)

It could have been anyone.

Plus, the rankings aren't about who's better. It's about power. What good is Bob$'s skill if he never uses it?

And you still need to get me my controller. -1 rank for that.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
LOL well I have seen a few of the lists, and all of which have been similar except for Simna's, which makes no sense in itself. If it ours were opinionated and biased they would all be very different would they not? But there were very slight differences in the original 6 panelists lists. I have seen your list Simna and I mean come on, I have not seen you do anything to deserve 9th and me at 19th? That makes absolutely no sense at all. After tallying up the points as well people did suffer from your ranks such as me going down a spot and Mikkuz going down a spot due to this. I'm fine with having a rep from Sac, IF they base it on fact, meaning it should have only been slightly different than all of ours if it was. I understand you feel the Sac players are understimated, but until they prove to us that they deserve to be on/higher, then they will remain low or off of the list.

I have to agree with everything Hyuga said as well :D, nothing against you Simna, but come on, you can't still complain when 6 other educated* smashers placed you in almost the exact same spot.

*Knowing the abilities, who can potentially beat who, and who actual does beat who in Norcal

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
LOL sorry there dave. I swear I will get you your controller.

I really don't like the NCPR as it stands from all the controversy nor will I ever because of the stands everyone takes on it.

I don't think i should be a part of the list purely based off of the fact that I don't want to be a part of it. Whether's it's simna's list or everyone's list. I mean even if I'm not considered for the list I don't care. I just don't want to really be associated with it.

I really don't give a **** honestly. Let's just play smash!!!

Top Bottom