• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Zoap

Smash Master
teams is not factored in and probably will never be, like btzo i have my eye on a few ppl, i havent been able to even finish my new list just cuz of so much in the last month lol.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
teams is not factored in and probably will never be, like btzo i have my eye on a few ppl, i havent been able to even finish my new list just cuz of so much in the last month lol.
yea i know it just a suggestion dont have to take it Zoap ^^. haha Doesnt Yen wish Item matches were a factor in this xD.

anyways good luck making the new power ranking guys.

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
yea i know it just a suggestion dont have to take it Zoap ^^. haha Doesnt Yen wish Item matches were a factor in this xD.

anyways good luck making the new power ranking guys.

XD yeyuh my hundreth post has got to have items in it! Oh yea....:D we should have items power rankings! XD jusss for fun ;)

<---------i want "journeywoman" LOLZ!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
TC1 will be hosting tournaments in Sacramento, they will be either biweeklies or triweeklies.

Ender is the NCPR representative for Sacramento, correct? Does that mean that these will be considered for the NCPR? Most of us can rarely travel 2 and a half hours for biweeklies. It would be incredibly awesome if the Sacramento Biweeklies were considered, all the local players would love it, undoubtedly. Who would not value a chance to enter the NCPR?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
TC1 will be hosting tournaments in Sacramento, they will be either biweeklies or triweeklies.

Ender is the NCPR representative for Sacramento, correct? Does that mean that these will be considered for the NCPR? Most of us can rarely travel 2 and a half hours for biweeklies. It would be incredibly awesome if the Sacramento Biweeklies were considered, all the local players would love it, undoubtedly. Who would not value a chance to enter the NCPR?
wouldnt that be nice...in order to get real value in the Sac Biweeklies we would need to have...THE PEOPLE ON THE POWER RANKING AND ON THE PANEL TO ATTEND. I'm afraid that as long as ppl refuse to travel to sac the sac tournaments wont carry much weight.

SO EVERYONE GO TO THE SAC BIWEEKLIES! THAT MEANS YOU (picks random player) SILENTSPECTRE!

sidefx

Smash Champion
ok.. apparently.. there is a biweekly in SJ, one in Modesto, one in Sac and one soon to be in SF

what the ****.

edit: also.. i think a new panel should be made.

sheridan, btzo, scamp, king, ender, lunin.

(sorry peter, i think one from the concord area is enough, and scamp is a bit more experienced =\ )

Delphiki

Smash Champion
wouldnt that be nice...in order to get real value in the Sac Biweeklies we would need to have...THE PEOPLE ON THE POWER RANKING AND ON THE PANEL TO ATTEND. I'm afraid that as long as ppl refuse to travel to sac the sac tournaments wont carry much weight.

SO EVERYONE GO TO THE SAC BIWEEKLIES! THAT MEANS YOU (picks random player) SILENTSPECTRE!
They could still be rated proportionately, I think it was BTZO who said that the NCB's carry more weight than the TGE's. If a single player consistently places high on these tourneys then other more notable players may come to see what these are all about. Even notice of them would increase their consideration.

And yes, you all should come to the Sac Biweeklies!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=88141

SuperRad

Smash Master
The problem with the sac biweeklies will not be the lack of travel. its the lack of ranked/proven players that will be there. from what i saw of FTA+Simna+others from the area at nct2 they looked good, but if they cant topple their own ranked players (as in, Simna, KFC, kev$, geo and dark mike), then why should they be added onto the list? If they start beating those guys (who currently are all fairly low [although i think that will change for some of them]) then they will get serious consideration. But if you cant beat those guys, then its hard to show that they are worth being on the list.

and I wouldn't be suprised to see the occasional "NCB"-er surge at a sac biweekly maybe. It happened to TGE.

Oh, and this is just my opinion, NOT the opinion of the panel.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
I havent missed any TGE but one.. and i can honestly say that not that many players there are very good.. first of all.. nobody ever shows up and our biggest tournaments w/o NCB people coming are 25 people. id say most of them are noobs and the rest are barely starting to apply mindgames and are starting to be a challenge for me (no offense to anybody)

step it up. go to some NCB's if you want to get recognized. thats how me and mike got on the list.. we hauled our ***** to NCB and we were recognized after a few NCB's and we got ourselves on the list.. i mean, i can hold biweeklies at my house, invite all of my newb friends, and take 1st place everytime and that wouldnt make me any higher in the NCPR would it? no.

my suggestion for people that want to get on to the NCPR.. take one drive to san jose and go to a biweekly and get recognized. dont complain that u arent on the list... cuz really.. im sure TGE doesnt even count unless people from san jose are there.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
ok.. apparently.. there is a biweekly in SJ, one in Modesto, one in Sac and one soon to be in SF

what the ****.

edit: also.. i think a new panel should be made.

sheridan, btzo, scamp, king, ender, lunin.

(sorry peter, i think one from the concord area is enough, and scamp is a bit more experienced =\ )
Thanks very much for the recommendation, but I don't think I should be on the panel. I simply don't pay much attention to all the tournies that people attend other than big tournies and the SJ bi-weeklies.

Although I could easily do a little research if I were named to it.

But really, I think a great idea that would help everyone out in this are the ranking battles idea I posted in the SJ Biweekly thread. It'd be nice to have a central location for it that everyone could try and attend.

I'll copy and paste the post if people are interested.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I havent missed any TGE but one.. and i can honestly say that not that many players there are very good.. first of all.. nobody ever shows up and our biggest tournaments w/o NCB people coming are 25 people. id say most of them are noobs and the rest are barely starting to apply mindgames and are starting to be a challenge for me (no offense to anybody)

step it up. go to some NCB's if you want to get recognized. thats how me and mike got on the list.. we hauled our ***** to NCB and we were recognized after a few NCB's and we got ourselves on the list.. i mean, i can hold biweeklies at my house, invite all of my newb friends, and take 1st place everytime and that wouldnt make me any higher in the NCPR would it? no.

my suggestion for people that want to get on to the NCPR.. take one drive to san jose and go to a biweekly and get recognized. dont complain that u arent on the list... cuz really.. im sure TGE doesnt even count unless people from san jose are there.
I was about to agree with everything you said...lol. First two paragraphs good thank you, just because you win/place top 3 in a tournament with people who you play often or are noobs, then you won't get much credibility. The TGE's are taken into consideration though, considering you and Mike weren't like 24 and 25 or something. The only reason the NCB's are worth more is because the like undisputed top 8 (I have heard people question 9-20) all go there, meaning it is much tougher to do well, it is not our only judgement, and because the TGE's are Norcal regardless of who goes to it they are taken into consideration.

SuperRad

Smash Master

If someone at TGE starts beating you consistantly, then they will get recognition from the NCPR probably. Its just that sense most of the players really havent travelled outisde of their bubble, its hard to judge. Where as NCB guys get shots at top players and its much easier to notice how good they are if they are taking games away from top 10 ranked people or even taking sets from them.

The point is, come to NCBs, they are good.

EDIT: Scamp, how would the Ranking Battle's participants be chosen? would it just be the top 25? or would it be tp 25+other hopefuls?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yayuh, i wanna go to the next NCB now... show u guys how much i improved =))).... choknator, HMW, and Jamie should come to the NCB's and prove themselves.. chok should make it to the list!!

and lunin, my technical skill HAS improved. not at your level or that one guy named justin's level.. but i do pretty good..

my link got WAYYY better too.. i managed to beat justin's super technical fox with link.. and me and silent spectres match was too close until kizzo decided to turn off our gamecube.. gay.

Snap

Smash Ace
NOTE TO PANELISTS:

I want to be removed from the list. In your new list, please just take me off completely.

I dont know if anyone remembers who perpetual zero is, but he was in DBR a while ago but then started going to uc berkeley and pretty much quit playing and left DBR so he could focus on school.

Well, snap is going to uc berkeley for his second year. he owned it up last two semesters and if he gives a sh*t about something it's going to be school, and not what spot he has on a list for a game he plays for fun.

so quit talking about how controversial my spot is, how I don't deserve it, how you are all so much better than me, how the fact that i haven't been going to biweeklies has been hurting me, because frankly i don't care. hella johns here and there. you can throw all the spots in the air and suffer from old underwear while eating pears with sheik's sly bair and falcos dair and foxes nair give quite a scare down over there, ever so rare, try to compare my long long hair to gibberish which all this is, go eat some **** with some cheese wizz oh wait that's his? whose? nerkubis!

i'm happy I was given my spot, but it upset so many people.

so maybe now you guys can shut up and watch me leave.

cheers

SuperRad

Smash Master
NOTE TO PANELISTS:

I want to be removed from the list. In your new list, please just take me off completely.

I dont know if anyone remembers who perpetual zero is, but he was in DBR a while ago but then started going to uc berkeley and pretty much quit playing and left DBR so he could focus on school.

Well, snap is going to uc berkeley for his second year. he owned it up last two semesters and if he gives a sh*t about something it's going to be school, and not what spot he has on a list for a game he plays for fun.

so quit talking about how controversial my spot is, how I don't deserve it, how you are all so much better than me, how the fact that i haven't been going to biweeklies has been hurting me, because frankly i don't care. hella johns here and there. you can throw all the spots in the air and suffer from old underwear while eating pears with sheik's sly bair and falcos dair and foxes nair give quite a scare down over there, ever so rare, try to compare my long long hair to gibberish which all this is, go eat some **** with some cheese wizz oh wait that's his? whose? nerkubis!

i'm happy I was given my spot, but it upset so many people.

so maybe now you guys can shut up and watch me leave.

cheers

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Zoap

Smash Master
no offence taken boback i understand the region thing. Snap isnt gonna quit, he will just rarely show up so dont take his post as he is quitting.(YOU BETTER NOT BE), but school comes first *****es so thats how it goes. He will of course move down and maybe eventually out depending on if he shows up and places or doesnt show up etc. Thats the way these work and im almost completely done wit my new list so other panelists when should we meet??

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
EDIT: Scamp, how would the Ranking Battle's participants be chosen? would it just be the top 25? or would it be tp 25+other hopefuls?
I could adjust it, but right now the ranking battles are based on groups of eight. So 24 or 32 people would be allowed to enter.

Actually, I guess it could even go as high as 40 depending on how fair paying to play would be.

Upon further encouragement, I could do the panel thing. I really do like controversy, though.

Snap

Smash Ace
I could adjust it, but right now the ranking battles are based on groups of eight. So 24 or 32 people would be allowed to enter.

Actually, I guess it could even go as high as 40 depending on how fair paying to play would be.

Upon further encouragement, I could do the panel thing. I really do like controversy, though.
if you were a panelist would you place yourself on the list?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
if you were a panelist would you place yourself on the list?
Before NCT2 yes. Now I'm not so sure.

Although I was also thinking about putting myself #1 just to guarantee myself a spot.

And then I was thinking about selling people spots higher than they should be for $$$.

Maybe a company or two as well. Red Bull JV 3-stocked me.

I'd also color code the list as well. And I'd put Sheridan up there in three different names, all of them well below where they should be. STICK TO ONE NAME!

All of Teamscape counts as one person.

I also think "most newspaper articles" should factor into the voting.

Anyway, I hope that answered your question.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
You'll have to start by getting out there and taking down some other players. I'm working on getting Jon's biweeklies noticed for this list. Hopefully if this first one gets some good repute they will be.

We have a pretty strong roster going... KFC, Simna, ender, Hyuga, Frotaz, BTZO, Foxroar, Nintendoking, TC1, Delphiki, DRGN, Tomi-X, Tyderium... and more probably...

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how this works, but since I'm back in Norcal I might as well throw in my opinion.
I have yet to be at a new biweekly.

1. Isai
2. King
3. Zelgadis
4. SilentSpectre
5. GERM
6. Bob$ (when he isnt being an idiot)
7. Lunin
8. Tang
9. Foxroar
10. Falcomist
11. Hyuga
12. Hella
13. Snap
14. Mikkuz
15. ShadowBTZO
16. Nekurbis
17. Bernard
18. Geo
19. Frotaz
20. Simna
21. Kizzo
22. Kawn
23. Sidefx
24. Zoap
25. Mexican

Keep in mind I haven't been there for a while, but there ya go.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I don't know how this works, but since I'm back in Norcal I might as well throw in my opinion.

1. Isai
2. King
3. Zelgadis
4. SilentSpectre
5. GERM
7. Lunin
8. Tang
9. Foxroar
10. Falcomist
11. Hyuga
12. Hella
13. Snap
14. Mikkuz
15. ShadowBTZO
16. Nekurbis
17. Bernard
18. Geo
19. Frotaz
20. Simna
21. Kizzo
22. Kawn
23. Sidefx
24. Zoap
25. Mexican

I think that's more of your opinion than fact Trebor...haha especially cuz Falcomist typically loses to the 5 people below him (cept maybe Snap), and I beat the 5 people in front of me constantly (Mikkuz did beat me once lately though :p, and me and Hyuga have close matches xD).

Also no one take that the wrong way plz, what I say is just what has happened lately with tournament matches, not friendlies or who is better than who or anything.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
I think that's more of your opinion than fact Trebor...haha especially cuz Falcomist typically loses to the 5 people below him (cept maybe Snap), and I beat the 5 people in front of me constantly (Mikkuz did beat me once lately though :p, and me and Hyuga have close matches xD).

Also no one take that the wrong way plz, what I say is just what has happened lately with tournament matches, not friendlies or who is better than who or anything.
nothing against u Btzo but i thought power ranking are result on tourney results and such and how they do and improve.

I dont think it on Who beats who.

SuperRad

Smash Master
nothing against u Btzo but i thought power ranking are result on tourney results and such and how they do and improve.

I dont think it on Who beats who.
it has to be based somewhat on who beats who, because results can be deceiving. if you place 8th, but face no one good it means nothing. but if another time you place well and beat a lot of ranked smashers then it means a lot.

see how it goes?

Snap

Smash Ace

why isn't shadowbtzo #1 on the list? i never understood that

MC Mike

Smash Journeyman
it has to be based somewhat on who beats who, because results can be deceiving. if you place 8th, but face no one good it means nothing. but if another time you place well and beat a lot of ranked smashers then it means a lot.

see how it goes?
Yup Brian is right, it is not how you place, cuz like he said you can beat like random scrubs with an easy bracket and get a top 10 finish, but it is meaningless if no "improvement" is shown and you don't beat anyone good/known.

-BTZO btw

1. Isai
2. King
3. Zelgadis
4. SilentSpectre
5. GERM
7. Lunin
8. Tang
9. Foxroar
10. Falcomist
11. Hyuga
12. Hella
13. Snap
14. Mikkuz
15. ShadowBTZO
16. Nekurbis
17. Bernard
18. Geo
19. Frotaz
20. Simna
21. Kizzo
22. Kawn
23. Sidefx
24. Zoap
25. Mexican

Not to offend, but I seriously don't think you're better than SilentSpectre. I'm curious as to why you think that actually.
I'm also curious to see the new NorCal Power Rankings. :p

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
anyways oh well ill let people make the power ranking whatever...

I dont care i just like playing smash ^^ and hanging out with people and meeting new people. I dont care much about rankings.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Not to offend, but I seriously don't think you're better than SilentSpectre. I'm curious as to why you think that actually.
I'm also curious to see the new NorCal Power Rankings. :p
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after, I overlooked it. Yeah your are crazy good Zelgadis, but tournament-wise I'd give it to SS, you guys are both good, but uh...yeah lol

Also Snap that wasn't really the point of my post even if you were joking xP haha. I don't even think I deserve the spot I have now, but tournament-wise I do I guess...I was talking about how I've beaten them, not how I'm better than them XD

Top Bottom