• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Not to offend, but I seriously don't think you're better than SilentSpectre. I'm curious as to why you think that actually.
I'm also curious to see the new NorCal Power Rankings. :p
I think it's because he was beating SS before he left for Arizona. I may be wrong on that, though, but I think I'm right.

And I'm not on the list AGAIN. :urg:

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I think it's because he was beating SS before he left for Arizona. I may be wrong on that, though, but I think I'm right.

And I'm not on the list AGAIN. :urg:
Was he? I don't remember :p, I know they played before he left but I had forgotten who won. I know SS had more wins against him before, but I don't know about the last one xP

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i didn't go to those ncb's but i think scamp's right, the ncb's before he went to AZ went mostly like this

1 king/zel
2 king/zel
3 ss
4 lunin or another dbr

anyways: is the list done?

Him vs Jeff in just that match wouldn't determine who's better at all though, just who's better at that match up, or who's better against each other.
Fox/Falco vs Falcon=****.
What actually matters is who does better vs everyone overall match up wise and person wise. :p

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Maybe it wouldn't determine who's better but it'll probably determine who should be ranked higher.

Because neither of them have the wins against people ranked higher above them (Isai and King) and neither of them really lose to people below them. (Except once in a while. Right Falcomist?)

So, because of that, all that's really left is head-to-head.

And GERM.

Snap

Smash Ace
wouldnt that be hella funny if isai moved down the list because he never tries anymore
hahahahahahahaha

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
there are a cupple people that have potential to be placed well on this list that probably just dont have enough tourny exposure.

pete chen, for one. he's only been to one biweekly that i know of, but he placed like 7th. he also made it to the bracket at NCT2.

ace, snap will vouch for him, is certainly top 25 material. second best at berkely. he's only been to one biweekly and it was super crowded and hot and he lost games he shouldnt have...but he stood his ground against sheridan. he could have potentially won if he was playing right...

Raves

Smash Apprentice
there are a cupple people that have potential to be placed well on this list that probably just dont have enough tourny exposure.

pete chen, for one. he's only been to one biweekly that i know of, but he placed like 7th. he also made it to the bracket at NCT2.

ace, snap will vouch for him, is certainly top 25 material. second best at berkely. he's only been to one biweekly and it was super crowded and hot and he lost games he shouldnt have...but he stood his ground against sheridan. he could have potentially won if he was playing right...
actually, pete didn't make it out of pools because of the top 2 thing. or at least, thats waht he told mee. but he should definitely be in the top 25.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
actually, pete didn't make it out of pools because of the top 2 thing. or at least, thats waht he told mee. but he should definitely be in the top 25.
Yes, I will say that Pete Chen is talented enough to be on the top 25 easily, but that does not mean that he has earned it. I've yet to see him at any recent tournament since a fundraiser a long while back (excluding NCT2). Pretty much just because someone is good enough to be on the top 25, does not mean they make it on, they have to prove that they are good enough;)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
This is regarding people who are "inactive," who I would consider people who don't attend enough tournies for us to meaningfully rank them, but who are recognized as being top 25. Such people are Snap, Kawn, Pete Chen, etc.

I personally will not make previously inactive people work their way back up the list. I will honor Snap's and Kawn's requests to be taken off the list, however if say Kawn returns and places about as well as he used to, I would put him back to about where he was without making him 'prove himself' a second time.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
This is regarding people who are "inactive," who I would consider people who don't attend enough tournies for us to meaningfully rank them, but who are recognized as being top 25. Such people are Snap, Kawn, Pete Chen, etc.

I personally will not make previously inactive people work their way back up the list. I will honor Snap's and Kawn's requests to be taken off the list, however if say Kawn returns and places about as well as he used to, I would put him back to about where he was without making him 'prove himself' a second time.
Hmm, that does sound like a good way to do it, and should definitely be discussed among all of us panelists. I like how they wouldn't have to work their way up as well, but I don't know if we could just give them their previous spot or anything if they haven't improved and the ones around them have, making it difficult to place them.

Snap

Smash Ace

thank you, sheridan

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
thanks sheridan just someone ****ing take me off the fuking list, i been trying to get off the list for so long.

Zoap

Smash Master
superrad just assumes things, like snap is quitting and sheridans in charge, hes purple cuz he is a backroomer like a cool kid and snap just doesnt want to be on the list because he doesnt get to get out much or something like that(school or some **** lol)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
My name is purple because I'm epic quality, har har. No, it's actually because I was let into the Smash Back Room.

New rankings very soon.

OBD

Smash Cadet
looks like somone plays "WoW"....

would post server, faction, and name... but sold accnt.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I play on dragonflame-goblin-death killer and i have a level 53 hunter mage elf shooter assassin i have the secret cloak of blood and 2 level 13 ultra sniff dogs. plus a fire ball.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Hey, pretty good this time guys, I did feel some "biased" things were in there, but all in all good list. Next one will probably be after the December Norcal tournament if it works out. Spots where deserved though, if there is any controversy or desire to be higher, then step it up and prove it.

I expect ice cream sometime soon, you can demand your prize now if you get me some LOL

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Hey, pretty good this time guys, I did feel some "biased" things were in there, but all in all good list. Next one will probably be after the December Norcal tournament if it works out. Spots where deserved though, if there is any controversy or desire to be higher, then step it up and prove it.

I expect ice cream sometime soon, you can demand your prize now if you get me some LOL
LOL xD HELLA like shot up and beat me and btzo randomly good job HELLA xD.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
darn, can somebody explain to me how i got the same spot? grr... i had to face s royal and then manacloud as soon as i entered brackets =(. WAHHH... oh well no johns.

Top Bottom