• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I Wanna Be On This Rakings
rofl rakings

this autumn we should have a norcal power rakings where everyone rakes their lawn, whoever gets the biggest pile in the fastest time wins.

if you live in a dorm or something with no lawn... that's johnz

tc1

Smash Lord
wow..i had like 5 diff views crammed into my face

Rad i dont think anyone was serious in a few of those tournies you stated, I dont give a fuvk..all those tournies were like 5 ppl and most of every 1 that enters those are noobs **** i wont play around even at noob tournies if it will show up on ranks that i lost. i think i may just STFU... AND LET SMASH SPEAK 4 it self.. No reason talking to a crowd who doesnt gaf.. So yup

M M:

NK
HYLIAN
ZOAP
//////// does any 1 else wana mm>>>????.

kk.. Ay Jr im coming over we need to refresh our skills.. **** to much MAPLE CRACK lol,, d2

NEW BANNER 4 NEW SKILLZ

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
LOL... norcal RAKINGs.. LOL....

john i love how you portrayed me in your lil mini banner lol.. I <3 you

hey when are you comin to my house john? mike nd vince are comin over today

sidefx

Smash Champion
just wondering.. if bobby was voted 8th place due to inactivity ( as i was told ) then tell me again.. why is foxroar, mikkuz, nekrubis, geo, all still up there. ( no offence to the people i menchioned.. just trying to make a point)

shouldnt they be moved way down, or removed all together? mikkuz didnt even move, and nekrubis is still on the list.. i havent seen that guy for like 6 months, playing friendlies in someones house doesnt count as being active fyi. tournament attendance does.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Geo and Nekurbis got knocked down seven places. I'd be really surprised if they stayed on the list. As for the rest....

Frotaz hasn't performed up to his rank since November, and has only entered three tournaments since then, where he lost to people underneath him.

Nemesis hasn't been performing very well. Also I notice Kizzo has been inactive.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
just wondering.. if bobby was voted 8th place due to inactivity ( as i was told ) then tell me again.. why is foxroar, mikkuz, nekrubis, geo, all still up there. ( no offence to the people i menchioned.. just trying to make a point)

shouldnt they be moved way down, or removed all together? mikkuz didnt even move, and nekrubis is still on the list.. i havent seen that guy for like 6 months, playing friendlies in someones house doesnt count as being active fyi. tournament attendance does.
The list doesn't magically update itself after every tournament. We did this list in January, and it's nearly April.

Bob stated that he doesn't want to be on the list. If he confirms this, then he won't be on the next list. We have answered questions about inactivity all the live long day. So, for the last time, inactivity, in and of itself, does not make you go down the list. The nature of the community is such that everyone is continually getting better, so the reason inactive people go down the list is that the people below them prove themselves. If Bob wants to lose to people who are 13th with Pika and Ganon, while Foxroar beats people over the span of 6 months, he's going to go down. I used pretty much Luigi and GW for the last 2 months except for at UCLA, so I wouldn't be surprised if I go down, even though I placed about where I should for someone of my rank, since that's only 1 tourney. It's likely that Geo, Nek, and maybe a couple others are going to be off the list due to inactivity, but that does not mean they are "worse than 25th" NECESSARILY, it means that we don't feel that we can do a reasonably accurate job of placing them while maintaining the integrity of the list. Obviously Snap isn't worse than 25th, but he's off the list because of inactivity, and also per his own request.

So, Bob's request to be taken off the list still stands unless he requests to be on by the time the next list comes out.

I hope this clears up everything. It seems like we answer this question every time the list comes up. And I still love you, Beaub-Hack.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
So what about the inactive people? I mean they shouldn't be on the list if they're not even playing.

It was done in January? I didn't think it had been that long.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
So what about the inactive people? I mean they shouldn't be on the list if they're not even playing.

It was done in January? I didn't think it had been that long.
Umm...they aren't >_>

Hyuga said if they are inactive then they are removed from the list or if they request to be removed then they are. Nekurbis had been inactive about 2 months prior to the last rankings, but he still had some matches in, it wasn't like he wasn't playing. Now though, he would be removed because he's been inactive for like 5-6 months.

I'd like to think that we could update the rankings again sometime soon, but like 10-12 people on the rankings haven't even played or have been to like 1 tourny so it wouldn't be good....we need the SJSU biweeklies back T____T

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol, this thread is funny because people consider this ranking to be very very serious or official. also, some people are too eager to be put on the rankings and are finding whatever reason they can use to encourage their placement.

on that note, consider me for the next one.

LMFAO

for extra reference------
matches against rankers:
(is nct2 outdated?? lol) 1-1 frotaz, 2-0 meep
tge dec: 2-1 falcomist, 0-2 silentspectre (3-stocked twice LOL!!)
yo****own 1: 3-2 zoap, 2-3 bob$
recently: 3-1 darkmike, 3-2 kfc, 0-2 meep, 0-3 meep LMAO PWNED!
moneymatchez: 0-2 lunin, 2-0 aftermath (oregon yayuhz!)

in like all my history i am like 4-4 or something in sets against kfc, like 1-3 against DM, and 0-6 against meep. ROFL. man they own. (they are the only ranked players i play on a regular basis. screw it, there's like an iron curtain between the central valley and the rest of norcal.)

yea i really dont care whether or not i make it on because the next tournament i go to is going to be in late may, lol. by then i will be considered an "inactive norcal player" and deserving to be moved down 7 spots or off the list per request or whatever it is you guys talk about.

edit: rofl i spelled yoshi town as one word and it censored sh*t

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Personally, I think the whole NorCal community has been inactive with each other. Let's all be more active with each other! No homo.

If we did another list right now, pretty much the only movement would be people moving down due to inactivity. Most of the tournaments that have happened since January have simply confirmed that people are where they should be.

It'd be really great if we, as a community, could find a great central venue that everyone could go to once a month. Even SJSU is pretty **** far for the Sac people, but it certainly was an excellent venue for our needs. I think the best place would be somewhere near Berkeley, where I am now. Just coincidence. But anyway, more important, it seems, is a great venue. I just don't think we have that right now.

This would also be great for certain events that Delphiki, the master of espionage, knows about.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Uhh....BTZO...that was sarcasm. kthxbai lol Didn't you see the posts just before it? 0_o

Chok -

I get annoyed by people who say 'why aren't I on these yet?' Most of the people that say it don't yet deserve it. Chok I think you're one of the first that have said it and actually deserved to be on.

When the hell did you play Aftermath though? :confused:

Snap -

I love you too.

Scamp -

Any venue ideas? I realized very quickly that Sac is not a good enough location for them. I would still love to help organize tournaments though. If you can find some possible venues.......we can get this rolling. PM me.

Zoap

Smash Master
chok just so u know match count doesnt really count just the wins, so although both mine and ur set wit bob were close 2-3 wit me 3-2 wit bob the W is all we look at.

I tend to disagree wit the inactive part, seeing as I have been very active and its dumb to say no one has done anything this period.

Snap I love you and that is all :)

The GERM

Smash Ace
this is bob u can put me on the list but if im or anyone is uinactive on that list for more than 5 tournies i think they should be NOT dropped lower but removed from the list.
the rankings get messed when players like king and others go marth and fox..some poeple beAT jeffs roy my pika and the points still get tallied
im not sayiong the system is screwed it just gets screwed. Imo MLG big tournies and established tournies should be considerd not sac biweeklies and such
mainly SJSU bi weeklies were a large impact and another biweekly should gain enough notiarity to be as impactful.
i dunno yall thoughts on it.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
this is bob u can put me on the list but if im or anyone is uinactive on that list for more than 5 tournies i think they should be NOT dropped lower but removed from the list.
the rankings get messed when players like king and others go marth and fox..some poeple beAT jeffs roy my pika and the points still get tallied
im not sayiong the system is screwed it just gets screwed. Imo MLG big tournies and established tournies should be considerd not sac biweeklies and such
mainly SJSU bi weeklies were a large impact and another biweekly should gain enough notiarity to be as impactful.
i dunno yall thoughts on it.
I don't think we should have a set amount of time for when people should be removed, because 5 tournies could happen like in Sac all in a row, which is a place alot of the ranked players have trouble getting to. Also if someone is moved down the list because of a little inactivity it may motivate them to show up to tournies more often. IMO if someone decides to use a random character which is like not their main and they lose, then I think that that is their own fault, and the other player should get credit for this...sorry if that's harsh XD

Yeah the SJSU biweeklies had a big impact though, as shown by the inactivity of the majority of players on the list. I think the SFSU biweeklies give out like giftcards or something though for 1st-3rd:urg:

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
I say give them 10 tournys, thats maybe a total of 3 months, if not active by then, maybe then you should get the panelist together and see what to do,

this thread is stupid in many ways,....I am going to have to agree with the people who say this thread is funny

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
u guys give credit for beating peoples joke characters????

thats dumb.
Yeah cuz it's their own fault for playing a joke character in a tournament match, if they don't want to lose to people they are better than, then they should play one of their best characters. I mean, I'm sure most of the panelists do not count it as much as a win over say King's Jiggs or something, but it is still a win over him.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
How's SFSU closer than SJSU...
one hour is less distance than two hours. thats how.

I think if we didnt record EVER tourney that goes on it would matter less. For example, (**** im gonna reveal a secret) DBR doesnt even try at the sac biweeklies, and then the sac kids come up to me and say such and such match was close...bleh. But like bob said, because we count the sac biweeklies it makes some of their records go down. this TRULY reflects on their tourney achievements but I dont think it reflects their skill.

I think if we did have a place in berkley then it would be a little more even for all norcal to get to, and then we might be able to get a better idea of skill we less "travel johns"

Top Bottom