• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

tc1

Smash Lord
Lunin - thanx ill keep that in mind even tho u sounded ... nvm

Frotaz - ok.

Hyuga - Hmm read and maybe you will see

The GERM

Smash Ace
Took me a while but here it is. List+reasoning...

Current Top 10:
1.Isai
2.King
3.SS
4.Lunin
5.GERM
6.Zelgadis
7.Foxroar
8.Bob$
9.Falcomist
10.Tang
11.ShadowBTZO
12.Hella

GERM's Top 10:
1.Isai
2.King
3.SS
4.Lunin
5.GERM
6.Zelgadis
7.Bob$
8.Tang
9.Falcomist
10.Hella

First off, I have no idea why Foxroar is so high up, who has he beaten? I've never seen him beat anyone in my top 10 except maybe Hella and Bob$ back when he was into Yugioh and playing Pikachu. At OC2 he didn't even make it out of first pools. Sure, you can go by the book and say that yeah, he technically did beat Bobby once upon a time, but use your common sense and good judgement, do you panelists honestly think Foxroar is better than Bob? Bob$ has never lost to Lunin in a tournament not playing Pikachu, the last time he played SS he beat him with Fox, he's beaten Zelgadis in tournament, as well as King and Isai. Think about it.

2nd, the reason I have Hella as #10, is simply because he's beaten better players than Foxroar and BTZO, He's beaten Lunin in tournament the last two times they played, and has beaten Tang the last 4 times.

Panelists: Just my point of view, I think you guys are being just a weeee bit too technical. I know placing obviously plays a big part of the final decision but you also have to take into account the difficulty of each player's bracket. I've never really taken power rankings too seriously and have never really cared for them much, but a top 10 Norcal vs Socal, or Norcal vs any other region by placement on the power rankings is an idea that has grazed many people's minds and is bound to happen sooner than later. I'm just asking for the panelists to keep taking into account the facts, numbers, and stats but at the same time to use good personal judgement. The reason why you guys are panelists is because you've played virtually everyone in Norcal worth playing, so think really hard before you place people and go with what your gut tells you.

Hallelujah Holla Back

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Actually placing does not affect our decision at all, like you said tougher brackets can change things. Well okay lemme see, Foxroar I think is so high because of previous wins over Lunin and nearly no losses to people below him....I will say though that foxroar has been a little inactive lately.

I believe I am up there for previous achievements (prior to last update) which consisted of wins over lunin and several over falcomist...as well as beating nearly everyone lower than myself. I think my being pretty active helped out alot though. Hella I feel moved down because of his inactivity lately, he has some impressive wins, but all rather old.

As for Bob$, yeah he has been doing alot better lately, but before we release the rankings he had entered few tournaments. I realize that he is good enough to be higher, I just don't feel that he proved it before the last update.

If we based it on who we feel, or even know, is better, it wouldn't necessarily be "power rankings" because people would be high up without displaying any sort of "power" in tournaments.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
ye i never see foxroar at all anymore, hes so quiet, maybe he quit,(i hope). You should play him yourself germ, or he should play all of dbr to decide whether he should stay or go down.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
LOL. i read through this.. a few things come to mind

Nintendoking... Maple kicks ***.
Money talks. Bobby kicks ***.
Lun, i appreciate your feedback even though you sounded kind of... eh nvm.
and Prodigy kid how did you do that maple banner?

tc1

Smash Lord
..LMAO.. kk GG lunin..

Uhm..

Zoap lets MM..

Nk lets MM..

Hylian U gotta come down to sac so we can MM..

uhm..

chok Crew battle//

Dbr Crew battle

Ba crew battle

bp crew battle..uhmm....
O yah i know im kinda late but bob what happend to your bbq.. dam that day suked *** 4 TC1. ^ ^.

o yah,.every 1 quit maple story and play Diablo 2 lod.. ^ ^ that is al

tc1

Smash Lord
Hmm.. MQuite an idea del.. hm.. intriguing this so called smash is hmm.. u know whats even better.. duh dududuh dududuh..Road trips then smash.. well.. almost every 1 in FTa has there liscence so.. YES>. Guarentee all of us will be on the NCPR>.MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..well lol me and mxcn

tc1

Smash Lord
Who are you?? and no unranked players can consistently beat me well maybe mexican.. but if you play'd fox you'd understand..

The people that i keep up with or that give me a hard time.

NK

KEV$

TOMI X (kinda)

Uhm MEXICAN

yah not many unranked people can beat me, im not saying i can beat every 1 whos unranked either, i mean mykos good and he's not ranked .. hmm.. there arent any local players that i cant beat, that arent ranked.. Well the arent any local players that i cant beat period ..

.O yah.. Zoap..MM.. last time was too close u know what wouldve happend if duh dududdAAAAAAh i didnt get battle fielded the last life. ( goes off and whimpers and creates new johns lol)

uhm.. So does like every 1 decline our MM.. i mean. if im not better then you take my money.. I cant see any reason anybody would back out..

NK.. lol wana MM.. Since ur luigi is so good ur luigi and my fox ??

SuperRad

Smash Master
im just going off tournament results, because friendlies mean nothing. But, here's the people you have lost to in 2007, that aren't ranked (NOTE: This is all from Tia, so I don't know if some of these were "friendly" tournaments were you where playing for fun):
DRGN
NK
Tomi
Catnip
Tyde
Anbu
Delphiki
mexican

losses to NintendoKing are passable because he has points and he can beat ranked people, and in some peoples' opinions, he should be on the list.

The rest are all indicative of someone who isn't good enough to be on the list yet. I'm just saying, before you worry about being ranked, you should worry about losing to people that aren't ranked.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think against Anbu he won but let Anbu have it. I think NK can beat him consistently, but we all know how NK is. I'm pretty sure that tc1 can beat DRGN and Tyde consistently, and that myself and Catnip go back and forth (I think tc1 and I have beat each other an even number of times, if not nobody is in the lead by more than 1, and some of them aren't on tio so....). Tomi I think wins a bit more than Jon does but tc1 beats him too. Btw Brian I think you shouldn't really weigh single matches very much, because things like Anbu's case come up. And at that TGE where Falcomist lost to people he normally shouldn't have. A single set can easily be a fluke.

But this goes for a lot of poeple. Several people on the bottom half of the list have lost to unranked players.

SuperRad

Smash Master
im going to be brief:
tc1 hasn't really beaten anyone noteworthy besides KFC in one set.

falcomist had a "legitimate john" for TGE, and that was two sets, not one set anyways. I don't get what point you were trying to make with bringing that up.

and a single tournament set is important. it shows that you can adapt to a style of a player if you havent played them before. not to mention that people crack under pressure in tournament sets.

and people on the bottom half lose to unranked players, but they also BEAT RANKED PLAYERS!!!!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hydro Kirby you were the guy with the Red Vines at NCT2 right? tc1, Tyde, DRGN, and I found you when we were all looking for the venue. Thank god you guys had a map. lol

Geez Brian......Optimus is shootin' low..

But still...like what I said about the flukes....Falcomist losing both of those matches were in the same day and from the same cause. Should they affect his standing, or those of the people who beat him? No. Consistent results matter much more than single ones. Not to say that all single matches are flukes of course. But for example suppose I beat GERM in one set, but three sets before he had beat me, and also three after. The consistent results should obviously be weighted heavier.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Even if you beat ranked people you probably won't get on too easily. You gotta beat everyone not ranked a lot AND pretty much beat everybody below you all the time. Of course this is not a 100% surefire way to get on, but it is about 99.99993% definite.

Don't worry too much about rankings, people. Focus more on getting better.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Oh snap, I completely forgot about Red Vines. I'm bringing some to the next tourney I go to >.>

I need to start going to more tourneys >.>

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if youre trying to help Tc1's case/arguing against Brian or not DElphiki. Losing half the time to people not even considered for the NCPR, isnt really a good sign.

In order to be considered, his loss rate to unranked playes will have to be very minimal. For example, lets take Zhu, who is new addition to the NCPR. How did he get consideration? I forget when the NCPR was last updated, but I'll just say ealrier Feb or something.

Now what caught the panelists eyes? Well first off, we have no losses to ANY unranked players. Also, his victores up to that point including those on power rankings or those with points at the time(or have had points, bad memory), which include Scamp, Mikkuz, SideFX, and Bernard. And if the Hayward tourney was included, Zhu went undefeated, going past each of the unranked players he faced. If you also notice, his only losses come from the top 11 of the NCPR

And as of now, he stands in teh mid=low 20s of the power rankings for such a resume.

I can also say his rank will go up. because he sitll hasnt lost to anyone below BTZO in the NCPR, and has otehr notable wins, which include Frotaz, Zoap, and msot recently at my tourney, Falcomist.

If tc1 (or anyone in that matter) can do something similar to what Zhu has done, then that should be enough to clinch a spot on the NCPR.

Top Bottom