• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
djkarthik: NCT2's too epic to be silly
superRADbrian: yeah
superRADbrian: i just prereg'd for both
There you have it, if you haven't prereg'd yet, DO SO! :cool:

Ha, who calls themselves SuperRad? Rad. That's so "rad." Lolz, lmao, that's so lame.

Anyways, I'm not going to the biweekly like SuperRad said. Yeah, he's psychic. Dangerous. I appoint NCT2 OA ShadowBTZO to take over the biweekly, and Scamp/Zoap to help him. Also, Kizzo should have $50 in his hand by the end of the biweekly for NCT2, BTZO make sure he does. Also, someone turn on the computer in the corner, and put up the NCT2 preregistration page, and BTZO make an announcement telling people who haven't preregistered yet to do so. And make sure crews are seperated in the pools. Manipulation is bad. ;)

superRADbrian: oh and im upping my donation to $30
That too. You should donate and be [not rad but] as cool as SuperRad. Too good.

I'm sorry that I will not be at this biweekly. :ohwell: I wish everyone luck at the event, and I wish Peter, the birthday boy Good 'Ol Zoap the happiest, greatest, most epic, and exciting birthday of all-time! Peter too good.
HAPPPYYY BIRTTTHDDAAY PETER!
:laugh: :laugh:

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
ohhh prereg time? on it!

and BTW...does kurtis go to sjsu? if so then i saw him. already twice i've talked to someone i thought i knew but ended up not being so i didnt want to say anything incase i was wrong <_< >_>

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I helped out with the manipulation thingy in the back room. There's really no way to stop it completely, but if you need manipulation to help you out of the pools then you probably wouldn't have gone very far in the brackets anyway. Likewise if manipulation cost you the last spot in the pools then again, you probable wouldn't have gone very far.

If two or more people are in the same crew and the same pool, they will play their matches in the pool first. If you want to throw matches to a weaker member of your crew then you'd better be pretty **** certian you'll win the rest of your matches.

I like double random far less than letting the loser pick the second game when there's only two matches. I like how you get to play on your home stage at least once even if you go 0-2. Nothing worse than having an even match go the other way due to some random effect. (Of course it's great when you win like that, cuz you win, but I digress.)

A better system which I think I want to apply is to let each player choose a stage. Coin flip to see who goes first if people really care. You pick the stage, your opponent chooses character, then you choose. Next game he picks, you choose, he chooses. Simple, and everyone gets to play on their best stage.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
ohhh prereg time? on it!

and BTW...does kurtis go to sjsu? if so then i saw him. already twice i've talked to someone i thought i knew but ended up not being so i didnt want to say anything incase i was wrong <_< >_>
Kurtis was hanging around SJSU the other day, but I think he goes to Evergreen. I was hanging around there Tuesday.

EDIT: Pick stages? Pokefloats FTW!!!

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i just thought i'd let people know that my eyes are going to be really red tomorrow. no, i won't be stoned. i just had an allergic reaction the other day and my eyes are still suffering from it. i just don't want people asking what's wrong or if i'm high.

karthik, perhaps you should update the main NCT2 thread if you haven't done so already.

art WILL make the bracket tomorrow :) (i hope).

SuperRad

Smash Master
i think for stage selection we should do what (i think) the MLG rules are:
one player choses a stage from the random list. then second person choses character, first person choses character. then reverse roles.

but i think mlg also had stage striking, i dont think we should do that.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
i think for stage selection we should do what (i think) the MLG rules are:
one player choses a stage from the random list. then second person choses character, first person choses character. then reverse roles.

but i think mlg also had stage striking, i dont think we should do that.
Yeah, I just said above that I don't want the use of banning stages.

btango

Smash Rookie
When does singles start tomorrow?

I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak and wise-*** replies like "scroll up" for asking this question, but I've searched the thread for about 30 minutes and I haven't been able to get a straight answer:

Approximately when does singles start tomorrow?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak and wise-*** replies like "scroll up" for asking this question, but I've searched the thread for about 30 minutes and I haven't been able to get a straight answer:

Approximately when does singles start tomorrow?
You won't get wise-a ss replies like "Scroll up," since it hasn't been discussed.

But, show up before 3, and you should be safe and in-time for signups.

Avoid showing up at 4-5, because sometimes tournaments move faster than usual, and it would make it tougher on the person in-charge if they are done with the pools/brackets and a new player shows up late.

btango

Smash Rookie
singles started at like 4 or 5 last biweekly.

just get there as soon as you can and play friendlies or team up with a random for doubles.
Awesome! I'm down to get there early to play some friendlies and get warmed up.

As a side-note, I think it would be a good idea for the tournament host to post a tentative schedule along with the other tournament information on the original biweekly post. I know the times are dependent on when each section ends, but it would be good to give first-timers a general idea so that they can plan their Saturday accordingly.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Awesome! I'm down to get there early to play some friendlies and get warmed up.

As a side-note, I think it would be a good idea for the tournament host to post a tentative schedule along with the other tournament information on the original biweekly post. I know the times are dependent on when each section ends, but it would be good to give first-timers a general idea so that they can plan their Saturday accordingly.
i lied <_<

they dont usually because most of the people that come have been before and have been coming for months and months. or atlesat thats what i assumed <_<

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
Milpitas (nor-cal) &amp; Riverside (so-cal)
ugh...can't believe imma miss ANOTHER norcal-biweekly. i soooooo look forward to these whenever i come back home to Milpitas for school-breaks but things always come up last minute...

does anyone wanna get some friendlies in sometime before september 27th? preferably around Milpitas and the bordering san jose/fremont? drop me an IM or PM, whatever floats ur boat, hah hah!

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Oh my goodness. There are 25 people here and there are 3 cubes - with one of them being mine. Meaning, 2 people brung cubes.

BRING CUBES YOU FOOLS.
haha

mcc

Smash Ace
i would bring a cube, but mine keeps not being able to read the disc, so it would only be ok for friendlies if anyone has the patience to use it

about what time does singles start? i had to leave early, so i didn't get a chance to enter :(

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
fun stuff, I had to leave early =[

to whoever i played a bunch of team matchs with, [your shiek] **** your needles hahahah.

Top Bottom