• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

tc1

Smash Lord
u should all go 2 tha TGE's more comp = more fun.. ahaha + its a never ending chain of tourny's and if ur willing will be f-n awesom ..TGE-NCB-TGE-NCB ahahaha 4 ever till 1 breaks tha chain .. i loved double transcending biweeklies

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
WHITEBOYNINJA:

Sorry mangz but I got my friend danny comin to this so it looks like I'm gonna be teaming with him instead of you. It's nothing personal just we have this kinda team thing that we've been trying to get goin and NCB is the best place to try out our stuff.

Oh and watch out kids you might see ANOTHER famous DBR member showing up at upcoming biweeklies again. Stay tuned to find out!

MC Mike

Smash Journeyman
I might need a partner for this. I was going to team with Valis but i dont think that he is going to be able to make it, so if you want to team up then just PM me A-SAP and that would be great.

Zoap

Smash Master
rey and bootle too good, zoap is much appreciative and will think of u both while eating pizza

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Someone pitch in another dollar on behalf of me for Zoap if I don't go, I'll pay you back.

I might go, the chances are still 50/50.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Someone pitch in another dollar on behalf of me for Zoap if I don't go, I'll pay you back.

I might go, the chances are still 50/50.
It's still 50/50? Haha, w/e, I guess either me and Scamp will do brackets, but I've been hearing from random people we are doing pools, I kinda need to know, so I know what I'm doing at the tournament.

Oh yeah, I don't know how I'll be getting to this if Foxroar doesn't go, but I haven't talked to him yet, I MIGHT need a partner too (if either foxroar or hiryusouljah don't go), so if I can get a ride there and they don't show up I'll need a partner, yeah I know hella conditional, I let you guys know later today.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
It's still 50/50? Haha, w/e, I guess either me and Scamp will do brackets, but I've been hearing from random people we are doing pools, I kinda need to know, so I know what I'm doing at the tournament.

Oh yeah, I don't know how I'll be getting to this if Foxroar doesn't go, but I haven't talked to him yet, I MIGHT need a partner too (if either foxroar or hiryusouljah don't go), so if I can get a ride there and they don't show up I'll need a partner, yeah I know hella conditional, I let you guys know later today.
Lol, we're both hella conditional. TO & OA too good.

If Foxroar/Hiryu don't go, and we're both there, let's do teams.

Also... I hear rumbling... it's getting more intense.... It's F*CKING CRAAAZY.

NCT2 PRE-REGISTRATIONS, HOLY **** ZOMG
------->>>> http://lbpolymusic.com/nct2reg/ <<<<-------

Zoap

Smash Master
i say no to pools! lol they take too long and we know that this will not be a good way to test so lets just do brackets :) . Ian and Karthik also too good Much appreciated and i will now also think of u two while eating this pizza

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Well pools might actually be fun, it also looks like we're not gonna do crews this time so...if we start earlier, maybe we can do pools just for fun.

You get to play more people, MORE. 6 pools, top 2 or 3 of each pool moves into brackets.

Hahahah Zoap you'll have to think about a lot more people, cus some are pitching in without posting that they are on smashboards.

:uzi: :dk:

lol

Art?

Smash Journeyman
how many people would be in each pool if we used pools? depending on how many people show up to the biweekly it might be good 'cause people who aren't really good (:)) get to play more matches. but i'd still want to have crews, though. it's early in the morning anyways and we all know most people don't show up 'til teams or after.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Actually, the reason we are doing pools is to test whether or not they'll actually take too long, and to see how accurate my smash time theory is. All this will go towards making NCT2 and just about any other tournament that'll use pools run more smoothly.

Consider it a test for a great potential result. Besides, you get to play more matches.

The number of pools and the number of people that advance from each pool will depend on the amount of people that show up. Ideally I'm thinking 8 pools with 3 people advancing from each pool.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Actually, the reason we are doing pools is to test whether or not they'll actually take too long, and to see how accurate my smash time theory is. All this will go towards making NCT2 and just about any other tournament that'll use pools run more smoothly.

Consider it a test for a great potential result. Besides, you get to play more matches.

The number of pools and the number of people that advance from each pool will depend on the amount of people that show up. Ideally I'm thinking 8 pools with 3 people advancing from each pool.
I support 8 pools with 3 people advancing from each.

The 8 highest-performing players from each pool will get byes if we do a 32-man bracket.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Go ahead and plan on the pools being exactly 2 games with each person, but what it'll end up being will depend on the number of people that show up and the results of my time theory calculations.

It's also possible for 2 games and loser of the first game picks the second stage. What do people think of that idea?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Go ahead and plan on the pools being exactly 2 games with each person, but what it'll end up being will depend on the number of people that show up and the results of my time theory calculations.

It's also possible for 2 games and loser of the first game picks the second stage. What do people think of that idea?
I'm going to have to go with random select all the way, and no banning of stages until the Double Elimination bracket. I don't like the idea of loser picking when there's only 2 games total to be played.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
it just seems like it'll take quite a while. i would guess that the MINIMUM turnout for the biweeklies is 40 people, max being 60.

<begin calculations>
that would mean 5 people in each pool. each person plays a total of 8 matches, times 5 people per pool equals 40 matches per pool, times 8 pools equals 320 fcuking matches?! of course, the time it would take to complete all 320 matches would rougly be the same as the time it took to complete one set of pools, since all 8 pools should/would happen at the same time. and this is only with 40 people at the biweekly.
</end calculations>

whew...

it seems like there would not be any friendlies at all. and THEN comes the 32-man bracket. you're gonna have to make the biweekly a two-day event, lol.

good call by karthik w/ random for pools. what happens if everyone wins their counterpicks? everyone would be 4-4 in pools then we would be fcuked again. i know the chance of this happening is extremely rare, but it's possible.

i hate to sound like a pain in the rear, but i'm just trying to play devil's advocate. everything just seems so "AHHHH!!1" (and i'm not even the one organizing this). hopefully these matches happen faster than i think they will.

edit: after putting more thought into it, i've come to realize that mebbe this isn't so bad. 40 matches times roughly 3.5 minutes per match (unless people are getting horribly owned) is 140 minutes (2 hours and 20 minutes, so i'll just say 3 hours at most with around 50 people). the bracket wouldn't be so bad 'cause the top 8 people would get byes in the first round of winners' and there would be byes in the first round of losers'. i'll estimate that singles w/ pools shouldn't take no more than 5 hours.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Look at art....Just....talking to himself. Hope you're having fun there! LOL I'm jk. Yeah...it'll be fun, and we can do it, as long as we start before 4:30. Have your lunch break when Teams finals & semi-finals are going on. Make sure you're there when your pool is up! We're preparing for a Smooth schedule, like that of the Fundraiser tourny. No freaking GOOFING OFF!!!! Alright. I don't even want to read what I just typed...time to walk to danny's to smash.

Here's my input on friendlies:

Pools are MORE valuable than friendlies. Everyone is trying, you get a variety, and you have something to aim for (top 3 in pool).

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
All winners of this biweekly are encouraged to donate their winnings or part of their winnings to the NCT2 Fund.

Just think about how good it will feel donating that money. Real good. Just too good.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Pools own.

However, I recommend separating crews to avoid manipulation. If you think this doesn't happen you're a naif.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
manipulation? what are you guys talking about?
Basically when there's 2-3 members of the same crew in the pool, the strongest member of the crew might lose on purpose twice to the weakest member of the crew to give that weakest member an extra two points.

Dangerous stuff like that. That's manipulation. It's bad.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Basically when there's 2-3 members of the same crew in the pool, the strongest member of the crew might lose on purpose twice to the weakest member of the crew to give that weakest member an extra two points.

Dangerous stuff like that. That's manipulation. It's bad.
Of course theres no way Zel, Bob$ and Clod were in the same pool for that. >.>

Top Bottom