• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

pockyD

Smash Legend
oh, sorry that not using your own words verbatim confused me

let me rephrase my point

if you want to achieve your goals in anything you don't necessarily need to go through tedious BS. you don't need to learn to love the process to be successful.

Zoap

Smash Master
Ima dbl post just to say i got 19,600 and there is only 400 more till I take 20,000

NVM Pocky is obviously bored at work

Celph

Smash Journeyman
you don't need to learn to love the process to be successful.
yeah you do. it's not always necessarily a matter of "you MUST learn to love the process," it's that you simply will learn to whether you thought you would or not because that's life. and if that's your thought process going in you'll find it's much much easier to achieve whatever it is you want. kobe bryant practices basketball so much because he's learned to love putting in the work. natural talent only takes you so far.

pockyD

Smash Legend
practicing basketball isn't an apt analogy unless he hated basketball to begin with (which I doubt)

it'd be more like kobe bryant spending 5 hours a week learning about nuclear fission at 8 a.m. (note: I have no idea whether Kobe Bryant is interested in nuclear fission, but my assumption is that he's not)

the way to be successful is to find something you like doing and do it, not to find the "easier" way and just grind it out for the next 45 years

Zoap

Smash Master
considering im one of the few norcalers up at the time, im fully willing to take the ban to get what i want. remember i have done 16 posts in a row just to claim a post count.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
the only time its ok to skip class is when you honestly think its a waste of your time to be there

usually due to incompetence in the teacher

or if you're going to ihop for breakfast with you girlfriend, that ones ok too

Celph

Smash Journeyman
practicing basketball isn't an apt analogy unless he hated basketball to begin with (which I doubt)

it'd be more like kobe bryant spending 5 hours a week learning about nuclear fission at 8 a.m. (note: I have no idea whether Kobe Bryant is interested in nuclear fission, but my assumption is that he's not)

the way to be successful is to find something you like doing and do it, not to find the "easier" way and just grind it out for the next 45 years
uhhh are you smoking crack? i love melee and i love playing it but practicing pivot fsmashes and ftilts and perfect wavedashes and ledge hops and etc. other minute things isn't remotely fun. not on its own anyway. i'm pretty sure most people don't like doing these things even though they swear they wanna get better, so most don't. i have no idea what you're talking about.

pockyD

Smash Legend
...ok

but attending a class about medieval japanese history when your intended career path is to be an actuary or something is pretty pointless

Celph

Smash Journeyman
oh, now i realize you totally missed all the points i was making

****, wasted my time

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah, if you do a poor job explaining or keep backtracking, people usually have a hard time "understanding"

but yeah, you should really find something better to do with your time than argue about things you don't know at all without being able to produce a coherent opinion

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
who is celph.

he seems pretty celphish.

with that argument pocky got called on his celphown

if you wanna talk hit me up: imfeelinmycelph06

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Lol Brendan you are so weird sometimes. Or ****, maybe I just forgot how to spam...

****!

Top Bottom