• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Miztik

Smash Master
Yea shiek isnt bad at all compared to Peach

Like today when playing i got killed by a stitch face 2 times ina row i ****in did want to play anymore its like **** you can all ready gay me with d-smash but stitch face too?

**** you peach LOL

samus CC-dsmash isnt as gay either (but iunno if you were even talkin bout samus at all LOL)

also Norcal has a ranking is

0.Isai
1.Jeff
2.everyone not named Jeff

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
mybad... i didn't realize this was converted to a thread about breakfast.

i'm really biased against denny's.
someone in my group always has a hair in their food, a mistaken order, or something's burnt.
some of that stuff is unavoidable.
maybe it's just the denny's' around here.

Zoap

Smash Master
funny how you'd change your name to jeff and not isai the name thats actually at the top of the list.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Doesn't Isai look like a Jeff? I can imagine meeting him for the first time and him being like "Hi my name is Jeff" and being 100% convinced by it. My dad's name is Jeff, man it sucks having your Dad be ahead of you in power rankings. Actually his real name is Zdzisław but that's basically Jeff in Polish.

Denny's is absolutely horrible. IHOP after WCSL had much better service and food given that they were dealing with 40+ people.

Ranking battle sounds fun for the next Melee tourney.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i used to be a big denny's proponent but man it really does suck, they upped their prices, lowered their portion sizes and the food quality is the same mediocre ****

mediocre is okay when it's cheap as ****, but not when you'd get more bang for your buck getting a ****ing meal at [insert fast food restaurant]

Naota21t

Smash Champion
ihop wrecks denny's like shroomed wrecked neighborhoodp.

but i'd hafto say in-n-out is far superior to both.

chili's is LEGIT too.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
As mundane and boring as Novato is, there is actually a very good breakfast place here called Marvin's; next time we have a smashfest at my place we should all go.

We need WAFFLE HOUSE in CA.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
i won't discredit the utility of norcal's trash talking in that set.

but no matter how much you choked shroomed still had a good hand in it.

didn't you see those hella legit/accidental forward air to backair platform canceling? lol

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
socal knows how much i choked

yeah i got ***** but 80% of it was chokesies and 20% of it was shroomed

i'm not saying that to discredit him -- and even if i was, who cares, he's the one with my money -- but it's the truth. i love that kind of tension though, i want to simulate that environment as much as possible to learn how to deal with it. i've been doing a lot better of not choking anymore in local socal tournies, but i now know OOS is a different beast.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
few people have ever been in a set intense enough to choke when theres a lot on the line. It is really hard to deal with it, especially when you lack experience in it. It's really good you are trying to create those situations to deal with it. My respect.

Shroomed

Smash Master
P, i dont like how u yell at ppl about johning and then john urself

i know that there wuz a lot of pressure/nervousness on both of us n such (only reason i missed 2 up B walljumps and had accidental upsmashes instead of uairs), but if ur gonna john dont yell at ppl for johning

and ill beat u at our next MM so u can john about choking some more =)

Miharu

Smash Hero
P, i dont like how u yell at ppl about johning and then john urself

i know that there wuz a lot of pressure/nervousness on both of us n such (only reason i missed 2 up B walljumps and had accidental upsmashes instead of uairs), but if ur gonna john dont yell at ppl for johning

and ill beat u at our next MM so u can john about choking some more =)
that's doesn't make sense

if you follow that line of logic most coaches shouldn' be coaching

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I disagree. Its a simple matter of hypocrisy.

If you're going to yell at someone for doing a crime, but you wind up in jail yourself, then how valid are the points you're trying to make?

You discredit yourself by being a hypocrite, but you hold yourself in high regards based on the same hypocritical logic.

But thats my 2 copper.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I disagree. Its a simple matter of hypocrisy.

If you're going to yell at someone for doing a crime, but you wind up in jail yourself, then how valid are the points you're trying to make?

You discredit yourself by being a hypocrite, but you hold yourself in high regards based on the same hypocritical logic.

But thats my 2 copper.
because it's not a perfect world and everyone is hypocritical in some way. nevermind that nothing is ever absolute in any context.

anyway, if you're really curious as to why i do it, you could think about it some more. i'm pretty logical so it's all gonna follow a logical train of thought.

why should people not john? because most of the time, whether it's true or not, the same john could also apply to the other person (if not at that specific time, an undetermined one in the future), so in reality it's just a boundary that all people have to go through in some form or fashion to accomplish what they set out to do. that, and because it makes you sound like a huge noob (because of the above).

so why am i "johning" now? well one, enough time has passed from the mm to the point where it's not like it just happened and i'm all waving my hands no, like "nah nah that doesn't even count, it happened like this." i fully admit it "counts," and that's why i'm making sure i keep working on it so it doesn't happen again.

two, i don't care if i sound like a noob, because i'd rather have people discredit me and not like me for all the wrong reasons than to ever not be honest.

three, anyone who does know me WOULD vouch that the pressure definitely affected me more. actually i googled how to not choke under pressure and some links were like "smarter people are more prone to choking." i'm not saying that to toot my own horn or believing it just so i feel better about my failures, nah, i'm just saying my analytical thought process probably didn't predispose me to doing BETTER in that situation, let's put it that way. in other words, i have a history of choking, so it's pretty natural to expect, in a situation more high stress than any other comparable situation i've been in, i'm not gonna suddenly learn how not to choke on the biggest of stages.

that's why i'm making it a point to learn how not to choke now, because now, in between that failure and the next time we do an even bigger mm is when i'm going to learn how not to choke. just like in between the time from when i arranged a mm with sethlon and it actually took place is when i should have been learning how to fight roy, not just assuming i'd learn how to deal with it on the fly.

there's also the added benefit of publically johning that here (trust me, i'd never john in a situation where most people didn't have a decent idea of who / what i am, i'd just take it like a man) it's going to plant the seed for making the next mm even bigger and having that much more tension, which is exactly what i want (and the reason i talked so much **** before our first mm -- gotta learn the hard way, knawmsayin', even if you gotta manufacture some of the tension yourself).

sorry for writing too much =(

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
double main

my sheik is more consistent -- it's on 100% of the time -- but when my marth is on, it's much better than my sheik

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Sorry P if I made you feel like I was after you, I was imply disagreeing with Chris's logic, because I like to disagree. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hell everyone johns, and its something you have to live with in this game. (Kinda like camping. Oh how I hate camping.)

Regardless, theres nothing wrong with johning unless you're in a situation where you SHOULDN'T be johning. Or maybe I should say, when people force johns onto others, or cover there loss (or win) by johning preemptively.

I dont hate the preemptive john because its a john. No, I hate it because it puts the player into a horrible mindset for the coming event, whether it be a match, crew battle, etc. Its something you commonly on low tier players. Its quite annoying to hear a low tier player exclaim that they lost simply because they play a low tier, or when they win, they flaunt the fact that they beat a higher tiered character with a lower tiered one. Respect the fact that some people may not know the match up as well as you do, or they may even be disadvantaged. Beating a Shiek player with ice climbers doesnt make you god, nor does it give you a valid premise to flaunt your victory.

Once again, just my 2 copper.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
hey rosedemon or shroomed, did you ever find those OC3 DVDs? if so send em to me, i'll give you $ to ship it if you want.

Top Bottom