• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
IMO it is always best to play with SIMPLIFIED strategies, solid tech skill, and INTUITIVE play.

thinking too much beforehand can be okay sometimes, but only for strategizing. people adapt DURING matches, so it's important not to have too many pre-conceived notions about a matchup and to always seek creativity

IMO, lack of creativity is what holds P back ;)

he just tries to copy cactuar and plank to no avail lmao

good **** pocky

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
IMO it is always best to play with SIMPLIFIED strategies, solid tech skill, and INTUITIVE play.

thinking too much beforehand can be okay sometimes, but only for strategizing. people adapt DURING matches, so it's important not to have too many pre-conceived notions about a matchup and to always seek creativity

good **** pocky
i wish all your posts were like this.
you actually put thought into it, and it makes sense.
it's not (pee pee in my mouth and butt) or whatever.

also... i need to work on simplified strategies, solid tech skill, and intuitive play, in that order. lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i find myself agreeing with pocky more

hey rey, beating luigi with fox is possible, u just have to focus on taking him off and edge guarding him. hard to beat his approaches but yea, edge guarding luigi will be easy

joe is right in saying marth, if u wanna use him, just use aggressive defenses (like camping with fair/nair/dtilt) and then basic edge guarding stuff

to beat zhu just play better than him

pockyD

Smash Legend
i dunno, but that was over half a year ago, and i'm barely past him

maybe someone with modly powers can find out; it won't let me count more than 500 posts at a time, and i'm not really willing to add up my posts by month

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero

good **** pocky
why are you trying to troll me so hard? i dunno what i did to piss you off, but i never expected you to be so sensitive about it. i'd also like to know so i can do more of it in the future.

play marth, for luigi at least

fair fair fair fair fair fair fair fair
80% + EDGEGUARD WTF
i dunno, it's a lot harder than you think. fox ***** luigi ridiculously hard so i dunno why a fox main would have trouble vs luigi.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i play nothing like cactuar or plank, nor am i good enough to copy them, so i'm pretty perplexed

nevermind that you've seen me play for what, two matches?

hey, at least i didn't drown ;)

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Luigi actually does pretty well vs Fox. :laugh:

Stupid priority. >.>

Edit: Bad things happen when people try to copy me too much. My style is bad...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm more of a chameleon; i take whatever works from all the pros i watch play. i think the only thing i've come up with myself was ftilting with marth. i even stole pivot fsmash from zhu =)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO wow cactuar appears wherever his name is mentioned

never fails

hm actually

in my post earlier... i actually was gonna type "tuar" but

i completed the name cuz i guess i subconsciously wanted to see if he'd appear

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
choknater is the number one style thief in melee. (excluding ic's)
go ahead... ask him...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm true lmao!

ur right.

the only character i do stuff on my own with is, well, my main

but that's enough though, isn't it?

in today's metagame we all learn from each other

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hi guys, I just got back from my trip to amazing DETROIT.

I have the house here to myself for 5 days. If anyone wants to have a smashfest on or before Friday, I can provide a venue.

joeplicate

Smash Master
luigi's like 60-40 on fox, until fox figures out what to do

then it's 55-45 in fox's favor, I'd say, but a ***** matchup for both chars

oh, and reticulating splines is a much better name

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
luigi vs Fox...

Lunin vs Rofl? 100% fox Luigi 0% cause of BAD DI from luigi ... * If anyone remember Rofl getting 7-9 Nair in a row...

NOW...

if it was Ka-Master vs Anyone... who plays fox almost...

Ka has a 75% advantage with luigi cause he is too ****ing good...

BUT...

If its just two random ppl in the match up that are pretty good...

I'd say 50-50

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
someone really knowledgable about the matchup should chime in. rofl / ka / silent wolf / etc.

i do remember SW saying fox ***** luigi.

huge factors against luigi:

1. dies at 80% (less if you shine spike)
2. super easy to edge guard (you could ledge stall to shine spike every time if you wanted to, and if they forward b on the stage you either bair them back off or usmash for the kill)
3. lasers and nair combos rack up damage with the quickness

what does luigi have on fox that jigglypuff doesn't have? okay, luigi has **** *** combos on fox. so does almost every character in the game. he doesn't have an approach though, all he can do is wd in and jab, ftilt or dsmash. fox can uthrow uair him just like jiggly -- if you space the uair luigi can't nair it, although at higher percents you do have to dthrow.

so basically luigi has to play perfectly, wait for one opening and rarely / never mess up a 0-to-death combo / edge guard on fox. that doesn't sound like luigi has the advantage, it sounds like foxes just aren't playing it right and the luigi simply being a better player.

joeplicate

Smash Master
depends on the luigi, too

if it's anybody other than ka-master basically fox *****

and I'm 99% sure that you can't reliably uthrow uair luigi like you can marth or jiggly

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
not for as long -- i'm almost certain luigi can DI up and jump out of it at higher percents (but then again so can jiggly) -- but as long as he's in range it's automatic. nair does not go through it

joeplicate

Smash Master
if so, it's really low, like 40 or 50 %

the thing is, people don't like to jump out of it because a luigi without his jump is usually a dead luigi

EazyP

Smash Ace
Luigi can time a dair to beat Fox's uthrow to uair, but it's hard. Nair does beat it if the Fox uair's wrong, aka doesn't try to hit luigi with the tip of the uair, which is where people have problems

Luigi vs. Fox is a weird match up, I'm not sure who has the advantage. If Fox misses a tech then he gets ***** by some "make your own" combo. Luigi also gets random combos from just having more priority over pokes you try to put out. Down b and wavedash are amazing tech chase moves, especially on Fox since you can down b into him for a two hit juggle at mid percents and then do whatever your heart pleases. If they don't tech, jab reset to up b. Luigi has to work to get his hits and combos started with wavedash and random fake outs, but once you're in then you're in trouble

Shining Luigi messes up his entire flow, he needs like two wavedashes just to not slide backwards, and this can get him caught on the edge of pretty much any stage. If luigi doesn't have a charged down b then he gets ***** off stage and it's not hard to get him off using Fox. Also, any decent Luigi knows how to gimp Fox off a illusion recovery so try not to go for them unless you're safe

It's a silly match up, any match with Luigi is, but it's entirely beatable and neither one of them has too much of an advantage over the other if both players are good. Experience and knowledge of the characters is usually a deciding factor in the match and both players having to kill the other as soon as they get them off the stage

Naota21t

Smash Champion
thats why you don't uthrow uair.

uthrow, and try to bait out the nair, and then just follow up w/ whatever you see fit.

only time you should uair is when luigi is tumbling in the air and u know he doesn't have enough time to shake out a nair. maybe utilt to uair or dash attack to uair.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
if you tip the uair, then it's easily smash DI'd out of
to smash DI out of Fox's uair, he has to hit you with both hits of it. you smash DI out of the first hit to not get hit with the second. but if he only hits you with the secnod, there's nothing to smash DI out of.

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
to smash DI out of Fox's uair, he has to hit you with both hits of it. you smash DI out of the first hit to not get hit with the second.
you say you have to get hit with both hits, then say you have to get hit once.
:O

but i get what you're saying though.

if you do a falling uair at the right time to only hit with the second one, they can't SDI out, right?

GofG

Smash Champion
Hi NorCal. I just registered the domain wombocombo.com and i want to know what you guys think I should put on it.

I hope this thread is as laid back as the SE forums, and you guys won't yell at me for being off topic. :D

Top Bottom