• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

VANS

Smash Ace
hey zoap wanna drive me back to the wonderful and glorious city of davis after the biweekly?

*laughs maniacally*

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
yes, its thursdsay. biweekly on.

we'll need a bunch of wii's, cubes are OK too because we'll always have some melee running.

if people can bring a couple extra TVs that be great too. kizzo said recently theres been more problems in trying to get good TVs from the rooms so its going to be up to yen. im planning on bringing my extra TV tho, so i hope at least another person or 2 does as well.

so if your question starts with "should i bring" and it ends with "TV, wii, controller, or gamecube" and doesnt have non related stuff or negatives in between, the answer is YES!

plrease take showers beforehand. please dont smell like weed.if you break it you're buying us a new one. ect ect whatever a tourney host should be saying but david never bothered because he said it so many times the first few biweeklies

if everyone will take a look at the topic name, please add "except those who love teams" :urg:

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I just wanna say pink shinobi isnt modest hes a hustler. ;)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
IMPORTANT. READ ALL RULES.

All signups END AT NOON. NO EXCEPTIONS.
You can phone in your sign-up if you won't make it by 12. We're ****ing serious this time. If your name is not on a certain piece of paper or in a TO's head by noon, you are not playing in any tournament. I hope someone does come late so I can prove it to you. Don't be that guy. I will be a bi
tch about it, I don't give a fu
ck. I'm going to be that as
shole TO that even though all the other TO's said it was OK, still says no. I know it's not fun when people don't bend the rules, but it's even less fun when things don't run on time because we tried to make everyone happy so now we can barely run 2 events and not a possible 3 or 4. We can't take any chances with it this time, we want the return of the NCB's to go as smooth as possible. It's not fair to the people who showed up on time with their ****e in gear. It's not 8AM guys. It's noon. It's not that hard.

You may sign up for as many events as you want. However we are only guaranteeing that Brawl and Melee singles are happening. So when you sign up, say which tourneys you want to be in, but only GIVE MONEY for either/both singles tourneys. If we have time for Brawl/Melee teams we will take the money for that later, but we need to know the demand to make plans.

Brawl singles will start at 12:30.
Melee singles will start when Brawl singles is about 3/4 done to maximize TV usage. When Melee is nearly done we will run the last few rounds of Melee/Brawl singles simultaneously.

I will print a ruleset to be taped to each TV.

STAGE SELECTION & COUNTERPICK RULE (all tourneys): ODD STAGE IN. READ SO YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A NOOB AT THE TOURNEY.
-There are 5 "starter" stages.
-Each person knocks out 2 from that list. These have no effect on the counterpicks.
-The one stage leftover is the first stage played.
-Advanced slob picks from then on, except stage bans happen AFTER the first game. So the procedure is: Winner bans stage, Loser announces stage, Winner selects character, Loser selects character. Any stage, counter or starter, may be banned.

BRAWL RULES:

-3 stock, 6 minutes, items off (turn them all off MANUALLY), team attack on.
-Best 2 of 3, bracket finals best 3 of 5. Set continuation is in effect. Double elimination bracket.
-You may not counter pick a stage you already won on. You MAY counterpick a stage you lost on only ONCE if it is a "counter stage," but unlimited times for a "starter stage."
-No "infinites" are banned.
-Any claim of "stalling" or other foul play should be reported to a TO after the match has finished, who will have final say in the matter.
-Any claim made after the NEXT match has started is invalid.
-TIEBREAKING AND SUDDEN DEATH: If time runs out, winner is decided by stock, and then %. If sudden death occurs in the first match, BOTH players are credited with a win, and a final match from the starter set is played. If sudden death occurs in a counterpicked stage, whoever made the counterpick loses.

STARTER STAGES:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

COUNTERPICK STAGES (subject to change):
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Shadow Moses Island
Pirate Ship
Bridge of Eldin
Skyworld
Green Hill Zone
Corneria, Jungle Japes for TEAMS ONLY

MELEE RULES:

-4 stock, 8 minutes, items off, team attack on.
-Best 2 of 3 set, bracket finals 3 of 5. Set continuation.
-Double elimination bracket.
-You may not counter pick a stage you already won on. You MAY counterpick a stage you lost on only ONCE if it is a "counter stage," but unlimited times for a "starter stage."
-Wobbling is NOT banned.
-Any claim of "stalling" or other foul play should be reported to a TO after the match has finished, who will have final say in the matter.
-Any claim made after the NEXT match has started is invalid.
-TIEBREAKING AND SUDDEN DEATH: If time runs out, winner is decided by stock, and then %. If sudden death occurs in the first match, BOTH players are credited with a win, and a final match from the starter set is played. If sudden death occurs in a counterpicked stage, whoever made the counterpick loses.

STARTER STAGES:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (Singles only, BANNED in teams)
Yoshi's Story (Teams only, counterpick for singles)

COUNTERPICK STAGES:
Yoshi's Story (Singles, starter for teams)
Rainbow Cruise
Poke Floats
Mute City - BANNED IN TEAMS
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Corneria
Peach's Castle
Jungle Japes - TEAMS only

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
why is jungle japes for teams only in brawl?

also nice@ odd-stage-in

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
No matter what I did with stages I'm going to have people complaining, so I started out with what I consider a very liberal list.

Jungle Japes has (besides Brian the Klaptrap) bad camping problems; by the last year of Melee people had worked out strats to stuff approaches to the 2 side platforms one they took a lead. In Brawl it's that much harder. If popular demand wants it on, so be it, but I can pretty much guarantee that whoever camps better WILL win a stage on this match, almost independent of how well they play on a flat stage.

As for SMI and Bridge, people can refer to the discussion in the SFSU thread. Skyworld I'm not sure about, I don't really see a SOLID reason to ban it; it may be annoying but it is really not difficult to learn how to play on it.

Miharu, there are no neutral stages. I had to take out one of the "neutral 6" to get 5 stages for the odd stage in rule. I find it hard to argue against YS being the least balanced stage.

Zoap

Smash Master
Man FD is hte most unbalanced piece of **** in the world ban that, I likes the Yosh. :) Shadow moses and bridge of eldin eh looks like peters DDD gets to make special appearances !!!

The King

Smash Ace
Lmao, you'll ban Jungle Japes for camping but don't see the inherit potential for the same thing to happen on Shadow Moses. Wall infinites, 4 distinct levels of character height displacement, a huge palette of area to move and run away on-screen, and let's not forget all horizontal kill moves of any kind are pretty much negated until about 250%, lol. And **** that bridge btw, even I'll take out my DDD for that one.

Skyworld...I swear it's like I'm missing just 1 more piece of my argument before I can vouch for a reasonable ban. On the surface it looks like a solid, well-designed stage, but it's got tons of nuances in the solid platforms and BREAKable ledges.

King Out

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
alright regardless of the complains, im going to say that this is a GOOD RULESET except for the fact that yoshi or more balanced than that garbage fountain of dreams ;) but lets just make what you said official.

sheridan, on the account that i have to be late for this to happen, im not going to bother entering brawl. BUT i most def will be entering melee singles, and melee doubles if it happens and if nhat comes.

so if someone could sign meup for melee singles, i will be there some time between noon and 2:30, which will be before melee singles starts anyway. im good for my money. if for some reason you guys start melee singles before i even get there, then alright thats fine.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you realize that in an 'odd-stage-in', if you would've stricken (striked?) fountain, you most likely also would have stricken (lol) yoshi story if only one of the two existed

for most people who CP story, FoD was their 2nd or 3rd choice for a 'neutral' (suck it sheridan) (along with battlefield)

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
would've stricken (striked?)
struck lol

I'm gonna have to agree with Dan too, characters with strong vertical killing ability are gonna **** on shadow moses, and even if the walls are gone there are still the chances of dumb low percent kills. There's probly gonna be DDD chaingrab spam on Bridge of Eldin too, so iono about that. I'm agree with everything else though so nice job haha

Top Bottom