• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
well I dont care about if its melee or brawl xD just as long I get to hang out with everyone ^^.

Frotaz... Were good friends u know but plz try not to say anything bad about Yen... Keep your opinions to yourself please. What you just said about her in public is F****d up and seriously just keep your opinions and name calling and crap to yourself.

With that said... Wsup Frotaz? Lazer lock is hella good ^^ not really... xD

pockyD

Smash Legend
sheridan will we be using the STRIKEOUT?

edit: and Falcomist how would you like to drive me? (or me drive you or whatever; gas is incredibly steep)

sidefx

Smash Champion
i dont get nick's post.

"for the may3rd biweekly, lets just do 2 events, i sorta slept on it. if i decide that the biweekly was just too boring or w/e, then i'll decide and maybe just take out brawl events or maybe go with sheridan's possiblity of having 3 events or let zoap do it. if the biweekly is all good, then i'll just leave it as doubles for both events. thanks for the insight zhu.
that makes hardly any sense to me..

and also why is there money being taken out to supply you with new controllers..? dont you have a controller? i mean its only a dollar, i could care less about the money, but its just the fact that were paying for you to buy controllers for no reason.. i was under the impression that everyone should have a gamecube controller by now, just a bit lost on that subject.

edit: yeah i understand youre the host, and its your club room were playing in, just curious

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
i dont get nick's post.

that makes hardly any sense to me..

and also why is there money being taken out to supply you with new controllers..? dont you have a controller? i mean its only a dollar, i could care less about the money, but its just the fact that were paying for you to buy controllers for no reason.. i was under the impression that everyone should have a gamecube controller by now, just a bit lost on that subject.

edit: yeah i understand youre the host, and its your club room were playing in, just curious
whats not to get about my post? i said ok fine, lets try it your way, and if it works we'll keep doing it and if it doesnt then we'll try something else.

and the clubroom has its own controllers for the sjsu students, and they're really really bad. i always end up bringing my own controller and everyone johns when they lose because the controllers are so bad. im going to buy the club new controllers instead of just taking the money like david and just throwing it in the money box without counting it. im going to try to be a little more responsible with the money here.

i just ordered myself a controller online and it should be arriving in a day or 2. im not even going to be using these new controllers, they arnt for me. im not beign greedy here, im not doing a mike666 and charging more money so i can take from the pot.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
what happened last time?
I was heading over to Pocky's house to get a ride to a tourney (I think Prod's), and I was about like a block from his house. I could see his appt. complex and everything. I stop to go to Shell to fill up on gas and through some weird and totally ******** set of actions I ended up getting in a fight with some dude at the Shell station. And I guess someone called the cops, because cops got there pretty quick and I got arrested... 1 block from Pocky's place.

pockyD

Smash Legend
whats not to get about my post? i said ok fine, lets try it your way, and if it works we'll keep doing it and if it doesnt then we'll try something else.

and the clubroom has its own controllers for the sjsu students, and they're really really bad. i always end up bringing my own controller and everyone johns when they lose because the controllers are so bad. im going to buy the club new controllers instead of just taking the money like david and just throwing it in the money box without counting it. im going to try to be a little more responsible with the money here.

i just ordered myself a controller online and it should be arriving in a day or 2. im not even going to be using these new controllers, they arnt for me. im not beign greedy here, im not doing a mike666 and charging more money so i can take from the pot.
how many controllers do you actually need?

just take that much out; if you only needed 1 controller for example and turnout was 50, there's no need for everyone to give a dollar when we can just give 50 cents

in conclusion: take out what you need and put the rest back in the pot

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
kind of tacky to converse it over smash boards of all places imo; just PM him or something. makes him look horribly when i'm sure that's not his true intentions.

pockyD

Smash Legend
do you live here or something? why are you always in this thread?

if he has nothing to hide, then there is no problem with discussing in public

edit: and i'm not accusing anyone of anything

it's simply very likely that people often just think "we need more money" instead of "we need ____ more dollars"

i do think the $6 entry is stupid lol but that's not related to this point

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
i think people are just trying to bend everything to their own dang whim. whatevers left over after i buy controllers goes to the general fund of the club. this is a condition of you guys being here, so discussion over.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
do you live here or something? why are you always in this thread?

if he has nothing to hide, then there is no problem with discussing in public

edit: and i'm not accusing anyone of anything

it's simply very likely that people often just think "we need more money" instead of "we need ____ more dollars"

i do think the $6 entry is stupid lol but that's not related to this point
blah blah, i really just ignore your hostility so whatever. i'll post wherever i like, and if it upsets you so much just ignore me. a valid point's a valid point, the ad hominem attacks are only useful when they're actually funny.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if it were "my" whims i'd say $1 per person goes into MY pocket

what do i care where the dollar goes if it doesn't go to me (god knows i'm not going to win, and there's a decent chance i'll get last place lolz), but it's very important to be honest about where money goes

not all smashers are thieves

pockyD

Smash Legend
blah blah, i really just ignore your hostility so whatever. i'll post wherever i like, and if it upsets you so much just ignore me. a valid point's a valid point, the ad hominem attacks are only useful when they're actually funny.
of course you can post wherever you want

i'm more curious as to why you "want" to post here? you don't live here (i don't think, i really don't know any cities in california besides the big ones) and it doesn't seem like people here really like you that much, what do you get out of it?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
because i'm interested in any melee tournaments remotely close, so if the melee part is successful i will bus up there

quak

Smash Champion
would anyone be up for quakfest 8: melee>brawl?

just sayin, me and bb we planning on doubles but whatever, ppls are getting cut throat about their brawl?

sidefx

Smash Champion
i told you neighborhoodP would quote someone and respond with something trying to be witty, im gonna wait till he does it again then post this over again
quoted from a couple pages back, you were doing good there P, too bad you had to cave in.. lets try again

sidefx

Smash Champion
I was heading over to Pocky's house to get a ride to a tourney (I think Prod's), and I was about like a block from his house. I could see his appt. complex and everything. I stop to go to Shell to fill up on gas and through some weird and totally ******** set of actions I ended up getting in a fight with some dude at the Shell station. And I guess someone called the cops, because cops got there pretty quick and I got arrested... 1 block from Pocky's place.
oohhh that was you

hahaha thats pretty ****ty actually.. did you atleast whoop on him before the cops came, or was it a big burly guy that works out everyday

LuCKy

Smash Master
can we get some housing to this?

i guess me,tofu,mike haze and probably mango are coming to this,but our driver wants housing....can anyone help us out?

sidefx

Smash Champion
what are you guys coming for, brawl melee or both =)

hey P could come too, since he wont feel totally out of place now since he will have some socal company

Naota21t

Smash Champion
It was a small white dude. Well not small, he was like my size, but I'm like 5'8 or so. He wasn't super skinny, he was like average. It's just that I actually know how to fight pretty well, and because of all my sports I've done since forever I'm in fairly good shape.

I beat him a fair amount, so it made me look like the a bad guy when the cops came. I didn't really get hurt at all, like one bruise on my right arm, and thats about it.

I have a court date on the 22nd of May, which is really gheyyyy

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
It was a small white dude. Well not small, he was like my size, but I'm like 5'8 or so. He wasn't super skinny, he was like average. It's just that I actually know how to fight pretty well, and because of all my sports I've done since forever I'm in fairly good shape.

I beat him a fair amount, so it made me look like the a bad guy when the cops came. I didn't really get hurt at all, like one bruise on my right arm, and thats about it.

I have a court date on the 22nd of May, which is really gheyyyy
I'm actually quite curious on why the fight happened, cause theres only so many things I can imagine happening at a gas station i.e "BITHC YOU STOLE MY PUMP"
But that information can remain confidential.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
I read a few pages back in Peter's amazing post, a quote that someone said about running multiple events? OK, pause.

I remember back when like 60 or more people would come to the biweeklies, and we did Draft Crews, Crews, Melee Singles, and Doubles. Crews take longer than Brawl does, I don't see any reason for anyone to be worried about time.

Brawl teams goes faster than melee teams. Brawl singles take a while, but we've always had the same 7 minute timer, time shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't read the previous thousand or so pages of this thread that's way too **** long, but I don't see the problem with having teams and singles for both games. Like other people have said, there won't be many Melee teams entries, so it will either be stupid to even have the event, or it will last an hour maybe if the TO's are on the ball. Since it's Sheridan, I have no doubt that no matter what happens, it will be run on time and on schedule 1,000,000% of the time. When Sheridan runs or helps run a tournament, it always ends swiftly, people are forgetting that.

I just don't see any problem other than time constraints. I mean, Melee has run til like, 3 am before. I've been in finals when it's run that late, and I was still having fun. The people that left early left because they didn't care, so if the people who want to leave early want melee? Melee will just run even faster.

I think a tournament will all events would be fine. Melee doubles probably wouldn't even happen, since everyone there will realize that it's kinda pointless with so few teams that will enter, especially when everyone is going to get into the brawl matches. Every tournament DBR's been to, there's been amazing matches to watch in Brawl. People who haven't been to a brawl tournament with DBR there haven't witnessed DBR getting first and top 3 in every event, and haven't witnessed the matches that are had.

Now that some of my reasoning is out of the way, here's what I think would work perfectly:
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles (Assuming people want to do this, most of the people on the boards have already said that it's going to be small no matter what, you can decide then. Besides, Melee tourney goers are used to melee tournaments running late. I remember at TG4 when singles quarter finals haven't even started yet and it being 4 AM.)

The reason for Brawl being before Melee is simply because it's incredibly hard to transition into Brawl FROM playing Melee. However, it's a LOT easier going back to Melee after playing Brawl for a while. It's like riding a bike, seriously. Ask anyone who's played both in the past few months. This is the easiest way to go.

Again, if it's time that you're worried about, you really don't have anything to be worried about. Brawl tournaments haven't finished on time because SFSU starts late, and has a time cap of 4 PM. Come on, don't think this is all brawl tournaments.

You can run your tournament any way you see fit, but if you wanted someones opinion that isn't biased towards anyone in the community, save a select few, and isn't biased towards either game, Melee or Brawl, you now have it. I just hope you don't make any decision because "the people want it this way" or because you just don't care anymore, if that's the case.

People who don't think Brawl is fun or involving or competitive, haven't given it a chance. Melee wasn't competitive until LATE 2003, maybe even mid 2004. Thats at least 2 years after the game was released. Stop expecting this to be Melee 2.0. Melee is a better game right now, competitively, than Brawl is, but it didn't become that way in 3 months.

Death By ****. You've never seen brawl like this before.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Well what happened was this:

I parked by a pump and went inside to buy myself a Orange Soda. Who loves Orange sodaaaa? I do I do I dooooo (sorry, the show was just on, epic show btw). I head outside back to my car. I open the door and get in to press the lil switch thing to open the gas tank. Just as I reach for it, some dude in a Ford hits the back of my Nissan Altima.

I'm like, oh **** wtf, so I quickly get out of my car to check how it is. Luckily my car didn't have a single scratch on it or anything. Not a single mark, it was completely untouched surprisingly. The dude jumps outta his car and starts yelling at me. Saying stuff how I backed up into his car, and how it's all my fault. I just kinda look at him for a second and stare thinking, "wow are you dumb?"

I finally respond by saying "Dude... my car was turned off. I don't know how I'm going to back into you when my car was off, and it was in Parking. Just because I was in my car when YOU hit me, doesn't mean that it was my fault. You must be an idiot if you somehow think its my fault. Shut the **** up you ****ing moron."

Now, I'm usually very chill and very non-confrontational, but when extreme acts of stupidity surfaces and is aimed at to me, I kinda respond a little strong at times.

The dude walks up to me and is like "What the **** you say?" I just stand there and say "I called you a ****ing moron." He then pushes me into the back of my car. I don't do anything yet I just call him and idiot again, to try to get him angry and stuff.

He finally tries to take a swing at me but I duck and punch him in the stomach. He crouches over when I hit him so I kick him in the shoulder so that he falls over backwards. He gets up and tries to tackle me. As he tries to grab me by my stomach, I just grab his shoulders and fling him to the side into his car. While he was pinned against his car I started kicking him over and over again. After about like 30 seconds I stop and I try to calm down I walk away. The idiot then gets up and hits me while I'm walking away. I'm like , dude wtf, I just let you go. So I push him into his car (since he left the driver side door open). Since his car was like a truck, it was pretty elevated, so that he was like sitting inside his car, but his feet were touching the ground still.

I tell him, "Dude, stop it. I'm done with this, just leave it alone." As I try calming him down he grabs like what seemed like a small trophy (like the ones 4th and 5th place get) and hits me in the arm with it. So what I do is I grab the door, and since his legs were still sticking out I threw the door closed on his legs.

I guess there must of been a cop patrolling nearby, because like 20 seconds later a cop shows up. And since the other dude was hurt a lot more then I was, I kinda came off looking like the bad guy.

So yea, self defense ftw.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
To Zel's post: The only catch here, is that IceNinja isnt going to be as nice as Kizzo and stay a ridiculously late hour. If I rememeber, he wants to be done by 10. And i'm sure as hell he wont want to extend that for Brawl. Unless he has Melee stuff last like you proposed, then maybe.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
thanks zel. you pretty much said a lot of how i feel (though regardless of brawl being competitive or not, i just dont find it as fun, but thats a totally different story and theres no debate about it because all my opinions are purely subjective) and im glad that someone a little more respected than me said it.

i really dont care for brawl doubles, i dont really want to eat all all the melee friendles time because all the TVs are being used for brawl doubles. so im gong to suggest we just do the 2 singles event for the first biweekly and see how that goes. actually being that i've already edited the front page to say this, im gonna go ahead and say thats my "official" choice.

being that i havnt been to any brawl tourneys, i really dont have any good say of what a good ruleset is. i think i mentioned this before but just incase i didnt, if a TO or experienced brawler can suggest a good brawl ruleset for singles that would be great.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I read a few pages back in Peter's amazing post, a quote that someone said about running multiple events? OK, pause.

I remember back when like 60 or more people would come to the biweeklies, and we did Draft Crews, Crews, Melee Singles, and Doubles. Crews take longer than Brawl does, I don't see any reason for anyone to be worried about time.

Brawl teams goes faster than melee teams. Brawl singles take a while, but we've always had the same 7 minute timer, time shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't read the previous thousand or so pages of this thread that's way too **** long, but I don't see the problem with having teams and singles for both games. Like other people have said, there won't be many Melee teams entries, so it will either be stupid to even have the event, or it will last an hour maybe if the TO's are on the ball. Since it's Sheridan, I have no doubt that no matter what happens, it will be run on time and on schedule 1,000,000% of the time. When Sheridan runs or helps run a tournament, it always ends swiftly, people are forgetting that.

I just don't see any problem other than time constraints. I mean, Melee has run til like, 3 am before. I've been in finals when it's run that late, and I was still having fun. The people that left early left because they didn't care, so if the people who want to leave early want melee? Melee will just run even faster.

I think a tournament will all events would be fine. Melee doubles probably wouldn't even happen, since everyone there will realize that it's kinda pointless with so few teams that will enter, especially when everyone is going to get into the brawl matches. Every tournament DBR's been to, there's been amazing matches to watch in Brawl. People who haven't been to a brawl tournament with DBR there haven't witnessed DBR getting first and top 3 in every event, and haven't witnessed the matches that are had.

Now that some of my reasoning is out of the way, here's what I think would work perfectly:
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles (Assuming people want to do this, most of the people on the boards have already said that it's going to be small no matter what, you can decide then. Besides, Melee tourney goers are used to melee tournaments running late. I remember at TG4 when singles quarter finals haven't even started yet and it being 4 AM.)

The reason for Brawl being before Melee is simply because it's incredibly hard to transition into Brawl FROM playing Melee. However, it's a LOT easier going back to Melee after playing Brawl for a while. It's like riding a bike, seriously. Ask anyone who's played both in the past few months. This is the easiest way to go.

Again, if it's time that you're worried about, you really don't have anything to be worried about. Brawl tournaments haven't finished on time because SFSU starts late, and has a time cap of 4 PM. Come on, don't think this is all brawl tournaments.

You can run your tournament any way you see fit, but if you wanted someones opinion that isn't biased towards anyone in the community, save a select few, and isn't biased towards either game, Melee or Brawl, you now have it. I just hope you don't make any decision because "the people want it this way" or because you just don't care anymore, if that's the case.

People who don't think Brawl is fun or involving or competitive, haven't given it a chance. Melee wasn't competitive until LATE 2003, maybe even mid 2004. Thats at least 2 years after the game was released. Stop expecting this to be Melee 2.0. Melee is a better game right now, competitively, than Brawl is, but it didn't become that way in 3 months.

Death By ****. You've never seen brawl like this before.

U think ur cool with ur little thing w atch this

RoundTable . Well Take You Too DInner

****!!!!

debaser

Smash Lord
Well what happened was this:

I parked by a pump and went inside to buy myself a Orange Soda. Who loves Orange sodaaaa? I do I do I dooooo (sorry, the show was just on, epic show btw). .
What.

what channel plays that show anymore

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I can house like 2-3 people from Socal if so desired. Only people I have met in person before please. My place is small and I don't want any more than 6 people in it ever, and usually some Deep Norcal comes over.

I will post rules later.

Thanks everyone for having confidence in the TO's to get everything done.

EVERYONE BRING ****ING SETUPS. THIS INCLUDES TV'S. Nick how many setups does the CS club have from itself, and also can the hall outside be used, like we did for the NUB? I just don't want the main room to get crowded, it's a really big problem when it does. TO's need an idea of how many setups are available before we decide what to run. I suppose 2 should be set aside for Melee friendlies since that was the whole point of Nick hosting in the first place.

Top Bottom