• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Man I don't have time to be on smashboards everyday to check stuff out like I used to. I'm only online right now to update the thread title with the next tourney date.. and then back to the books. Someone PM me if anything important needs to be bought to my attention being discussed on the thread. See you all this weekend.

SuperRad

Smash Master
so

imm hella book for the next three weekends (but oh what great weekends they are going to be!)

and i havent been to a smash tournament in like 6 weeks anyways

maybe ill just be like myko and spam the **** out of this thread while barely playing smash anymore

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
All my weekends have been booked with tournies.

Sep. 8 - NCB + MidnightGamingChampionships
Sep. 15 - Modesto Tournament
Sep. 22 - SFSU/NCB
Sep. 27-29 - Super Champ Combo
Oct. 6 - Dallas, Texas Tournament
Oct. 13 - Modesto Tournament
Oct. 20 - SFSU/NCB?

...I'm booked.

Miztik

Smash Master
All my weekends have been booked with tournies.

Sep. 8 - NCB + MidnightGamingChampionships
Sep. 15 - Modesto Tournament
Sep. 22 - SFSU/NCB
Sep. 27-29 - Super Champ Combo
Oct. 6 - Dallas, Texas Tournament
Oct. 13 - Modesto Tournament
Oct. 20 - SFSU/NCB?

...I'm booked.
Hey Lun the next modesto tourney maybe changed cuz the owner doesnt want biweeklies but we may still use that date we are not sure yet

Art?

Smash Journeyman
now that we're done bragging about our action-packed lives, is there gonna be a swiss tourney this coming saturday?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'll be coming to this since it's the weekend right after my stupid exams.

I don't mind running it again if ppl want it. If enough people who are going to SCC the next week come, we will run SCC rulesets (pools if we have time).

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108950

DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER! YOU CAN ONLY REG ONLINE!!!!

Otherwise, we can do Swiss, or Double Elim, but I have a few rules I'd like to try. Last biweekly we let a lot of stuff on. This week will be opposite to that (again this is all conditional):

Random = FD, Pokemon, and FoD only.
Counterpicks = Yoshi's, BF, DL64, DK64 only.

I think it would also be neat to do ALL sets 3/5, but 3 stock, 6 min matches.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
How do you guys mention Kiwi in here when she doesn't even attend any NCB's?

Anyway, i won't mention that name again.

I'll come to the upcoming NCB so i can hiss with ...

nevermind i feel like not even going..the modesto tourney was fun though, new players, better venue, cleaner sofa..and a bar behind us.

SuperRad

Smash Master
So this is my 1000th post on Smashboards, and is one of the few that will not be about me (ha?).

I'm going to try and include all the people I've met and talked to. I know I'm going to forget people, so sorry in advance if I do.

First off, I need to thank Romeo619 and Butters [from AZ]. They are the reason I started playing this game. Neither will read this, because they have quit, but I still need to show them some love.

Big thanks to everyone in Deep Norcal [area, not just crew.] From bioalp teaming with me at my second biweekly ever, Sheridan's fun smashfests and teaming with Joey, you guys are all way too cool and nice. Some of the funniest guys I've gotten a chance to meet. Frotaz has got some serious skill (he beat Bioalp at back to back biweeklies!). BTZO is the MAMS and he runs the show [well, sometimes]. Sheridan taught me more in one day then I learned in months of practicing by myself. ProdigyKid is better then he gives himself credit for.

Silentspectre deserves to be mentioned for how **** amazing he is. At my first tournament (MLG Anaheim) he went on an absolute ****ing tear. Really made me want to get better at this game.

Shoutout to Ian for being so friendly. One of the first guys I really got to know in the smash scene.

I have to give props to Bootle, Phil and DYRL for being some great guys. Hayward is always on hit. Matt has got some of the best mindgames I've ever seen ["Don't step in that" anyone?]. Phil has consistently ***** me everytime we play from my first biweekly on (he 4 stocked me with ****in Ice Climbers).

The Blokus gang is too good. Scamp is a wealth of knowledge about all kinds of stuff: proverbs, 2d fighters, board games, whatever. Isai is too good. Enough said there. VANS, Boback, Nemesis, whoever else I've played with and can't remeber: ggz.

Sacramento: I still don't know you guys all that well. Except for NintendoKing, cause he plays Blokus and is loud and is cool and does falcon knees and stuff. I wish he would post more!

Modesto: I only know Andre and HomeMadeWaffles, but you guys are both **** cool. Keep it real.

D.B.R.: You guys are all way too good at this game. And, all of you I've gotten a chance to play with have been really great people. Hella is another one of those guys that I first met when I went to a biweekly. Too good, all of you.

Baysians: Speaking of great players, you guys are more of the best. Lunin and Zhu are way too fast :( always beating me easily. Falcomist gives me good advice that I'm not good enough to take. MyKo is the best poster on the boards.

IceNinjaNick: feels like I haven't seen you in ages. You were one of the first people I really talked to at a biweekly. You're a great guy.

Julian, your ganon and fox are getting really good, it's surprising.

Hydro Kirby (Furby?) is another one of those quick asians. Too good for me.

Art: I've seen you do hella good in friendlies, but you should start entering tourneys!

SmashBoozer: no matter what Bootle says, keep playing bowser!

Kizzo: You are so crucial to NorCal. Thanks a million for setting up the room so we can all play smash.

Yen and Frotaz: I'm still getting over that d-air->d-air->rest->rest combo you guys did to me! You guys are hella good.

BTZO
, Zoap and ProdigyKid: much thanks for running the tournaments for us. you guys do a great job.

Yikes, I still feel like I forgot a lot of people. But thanks to everyone I've met, everyone I've talked to, everyone I played against. You guys are all great.

Top Bottom