• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Miharu

Smash Hero
lOolpLOLplOLpLPl
Oplop
lPOploOLll
lOLPollo
olpOLpolPLO
Op;olOLopOPLp
LOPLOplpoolPO
OLOLOLPOLPLpOpolplpolOOLp
OLpolLpolOL

Zoap

Smash Master
ill be there and cuz i know we will run late ill do brackets :)(On the fluke chance that everyone is on time, Sheridan's idea is too good not to do.)

ATTN: Snap, Kawn, Germ, Bob$, Boback, Hella, Zelgadis, Isai, SS, King, Lunin, Tang, FMF, Hyuga, and Zhu, I need to speak with all of you this weekend about an important matter, it will be private and if most of you can make it this weekend, i will just hold this "meeting" in the backroom.

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
HAy guys watsup guys its gon be fun items tourney guys! guy..? Guys???

XD hahaha im jk. I'll be there around 10 ish on sat setting up. :)

o_O Sheridan for Hokage.....lissen to hem!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
its the bow to the wow, creepin nd crawlin yiggy yess yawlin snoop doggy dawgin in the house like everyday droppin **** with my ***** mr dr DRE. like i said ****** cant **** with this. ****** cant **** WITH THAT. **** that i drop cuz u kno i dont stop ITS THE 1-8-7 ON A MOTHA ****IN COP

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Let me start this post by explaining why I think everyone will have a good time with this.

First of all, EVERYONE gets to play 5 sets, regardless of your skill level. This is good for people who don't like to drive to NCB's and play 2 sets to end up with a 17 or 25 or 33 next to their name. The top few will get to play a bracket at the end.

Second, all 5 rounds are basically equal in weight, unlike double elimination where winner's bracket wins are for the most part twice as valuable as loser's bracket wins. This prevents "first-round johns" such as "well I had to play a Fox/my crewmate/Deep Norcal first round so I'm obviously better than my placing blah blah."

Third, illicit friendlies (I know you guys do them, don't even act like you don't!) will be unlikely to clog up the tourney since EVERYONE has a match that round. I also have a TV tracking system so I know who's playing where.

PLEASE BRING CUBES/WIIS! I WANT TO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT TIME!

So, here's how I plan on running it. SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Teams will be your standard double elim, I'm not messing with that. BUT singles will start no later than 4. Possibly as early as 3. Teams will start no later than 12:30, but I'm going to push for 12 and I will threaten your lives to achieve my goals!

Format:

The tourney will consist of 5 rounds (or 4 or 6 depending on time) and a 4 or 8 man bracket (again time dependent).

Each round will consist of a NORMAL SET (Advanced Slob Picks, best of 3 set, same rules as regular biweekly). After the set is played, you are awarded points based on the set results: 2-0 = 3 pts, 2-1 = 2 pts, 1-2 = 1 pt, 0-2 = 0 pts.

In the next set, you are paired up with someone who has the same number of points as you (or close to it). I will give out seeds at the beginning that prevent seeded people from playing each other for two rounds. The number of seeds will (probably) be the lesser of 8 or 1/4 the number of entrants. Pairing is otherwise random. No consideration will be given for region/crew. The reason for this is that this is basically impossible to avoid in 5 rounds, and all rounds count equal.

After 5 rounds, the top X, where X is a positive even number less than 10, will do seeded bracket play. I may make it single elim + consolation (3rd place) game, since the 5 rounds of Swiss should basically take care of the contingencies that double elim is designed to take care of in the first place. Again, this bracket's structure will be dependent on time and the Will of the Forsaken (WotF).

If there is an odd number of participants, I will beg every single spectator to join, and failing that, I'll withdraw to make it an even number.

FoD IS ON RANDOM IN TEAMS. You can reset it if both teams agree. The main reason for this is that people F'n forget to turn on FoD for singles, and although people SHOULD be responsible to check the rules before EVERY match, they don't. Plus it doesn't lag that bad anyway, man up, that's how the Deep rolls, except the Butler.

Prizes will be same as a regular biweekly.

EDIT: LOL KFC nice, lemme know if you get the vids up whenever. Thanks to everyone for their support so far.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
"well I had to play a Fox/my crewmate/Deep Norcal first round so I'm obviously better than my placing blah blah".
LOLOL so true i hate when i have to play deep norcal first round it's like...instant loss

Hyuga said:
FoD IS ON RANDOM IN TEAMS. You can reset it if both teams agree. The main reason for this is that people F'n forget to turn on FoD for singles, and although people SHOULD be responsible to check the rules before EVERY match, they don't. Plus it doesn't lag that bad anyway, man up, that's how the Deep rolls, except the Butler.
WTF eww everything else with the rules is fine, but this zomg wtf XD. Just make sure to stop sht before singles and turn FoD on :confused:.

EDIT: Forget what i said, gotta remember to get this independence nonsense when it comes to getting home lolz;)

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
this biweekly is gonna be awesome but Im sorry I cant make it Sheridan >.< dont hurt me o_o. WHAT U GET FOR NOT DRIVING ME TO BART IN THE MORNING LOL.

Miztik

Smash Master
this biweeklie seems like its gunna be pretty intense and a whole lot of fun i really wish i could go but hopefully i will be able to make one soon

DRGN

Technowizard
I may be coming... >.> I can't wait to see & play everyone again! ^_^ The new format sounds amazing.... Btw if I can make it I'll be bringing an extra cube.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'll also be looking for a partner if anyone's still looking when the time comes. Doubles are too good. ^_^

quak

Smash Champion
yep, i'll need a partner too

btw, i go mewtwo in teams, SO much better than my falco, no joke, i am actually serious, grabs and combos are amazing

DRGN, if you want to be the weirdest team ever, we could go mewtwo zelda :p

MacD

Banned via Administration
well, i am also partner less,

and i think this is going to be a cool biweekly, great idea and all

but, but there is one thing, i am not going to make it, i wish i could but no, oh well, i mean what can you do, and that means no white peach player, well at least not htis one

tc1

Smash Lord
DM is moving to socal tonight.. Z_Z now we have less hard hitters for norcal.. I wanna see what rank they'll place him, once he starts owning?

Miztik

Smash Master
DM is moving to socal tonight.. Z_Z now we have less hard hitters for norcal.. I wanna see what rank they'll place him, once he starts owning?
man that hella sucks that DM is moving to SD tonight i wanted to play him one last time before he left and hell yea he'll own down there no doubt

hey tc1 is he moving for good or will he be back

Miztik

Smash Master
lmao unless he's in your top 5 i don't see him getting ranked in our top 25
thats not nice you have no confidence thats not good to have i guess you'll just have to wait and see and the last time i look at the SoCal power rankings half of that list quit smash so yea

jmic

Smash Ace
Rey has the best signature evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hey guys. I just bought a glass beer boot set. Beerfest style, baby. Maybe I'll get a gif of me chugging that badboy, haha.

Top Bottom