• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

quak

Smash Champion
hk, apparently i'll be hosting a small fest again this friday. Come if you can't for friendlies and possibly a mini singles tourney

AIM is DennyPaul for anyone interested, don't just show up just cause you may know my address, contact me first please

might switch up the days dep on how many ppl are still in hs and can't come on friday

again just contact me if ur interested and i'll try to pick out a good date

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i'd just like to say that my marth should not be used against anything other than space animals as i have no marth training except against hydro kirby (who only plays space animals).

johns aside, i loved this format. i feel we should do this every time whether or not sheridan (who did a fantastic job btw) comes. it's basically a more accurate seeding process. too good.

i'd also like to say that everyone is getting alot better. denny, i was really impressed by you in particular. your falco has gone so far in just one biweekly. amazing job man.

this might or might not be my last biweekly depending on my workload for school. i chose to take the hardest classes my school has to offer senior year and i'm not sure whether or not i can give up an entire saturday for smash anymore. i hope to make super champ combo my last (big) tournament and hopefully i'll rep norcal well and take off another 11 stock off socal like i did to hawaii.

all in all,

i love norcal. i'm a horrible writer, sorry if my "post" / thing / **** was hard to read.

i love you jeff for teaming with me.

i love norcal.

and i love anyone who supports my falco.

wow i'm so emo today its rediculous. probably cause school is starting and i'm getting mindgamed by it.

quak

Smash Champion
hey zhu, thanks for the props, i appreciate it alot, even though i still got 4 stocked by lunin and had to leave :p

and thanks to everyone else who gave me props too, i hope i don't slip back into old habbits at the next one

EDIT: My Post Count> Zhu's Post Count. HOW'S IT TASTE?:grin:

(PS The Crunch Wrap Supreme from taco bell is ****IN DELICIOUS)

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
Thanks David for letting me host but not needing me afterall LOL XD we had to wakie u up...it was funny! XD thanks tho really. ^_^

LOL and like wtf @ sheridan sleeping in there too! LOL

^____________^ Sheridan although i didnt participate in this tourney(singles) i really really really liked the format and how it was run! You did an outstanding fatastique job!!! XDDD everything was like BAM and on time and such! ^____^ i think everyone gets to play hella more and yeahhhhhh

marth sucks....*falls into a ganon uptilt on purpose* wats the POINT?

:) Shout outs!

Frotaz: Goood stuff in teams! XD hahaha "worst rescue attempt EVER" XD 2nd today! yay!
XD keeep et comin right!?? LOL CAMP CAMP gtfo gtfo!!!!!

Sheridan: :D we should play more friendlies....and agen great job running the tourney! ^__^

Jeff: XDDDD really fun in teams friendlies! hahaha ur hella good! LOL u just kept on grabbing and me... well u knowwww DownB ^__^ really fun playing with u haha.....We'll get u next time jeff and zhu.... Next time!

HydroKirby: LOL XDDDD really fun teams friendly matches hahaha "we got DIs!"

Bernard/Mike: We told u we'd get u this time! >;D! Good matches! always fun playing u guys

Peter/Boback: :) good matches! sorryyy boback. please dont hate peach players! haha

Kurtis: we need to play more! ur always really fun to play with cause u laugh at all the stupid stuff i laugh at too hahaha

This tourney was really fun for me and more relaxing. Im glad i got to play so many teams friendlies:) I hope i can make it to the next one....this semester i have a lot goin on in school... SIgh... XD but imma try! ^_^

GG everyone! really really fun!

Duuuude guys.... yall better be careful at night around down town and everything . me an frotaz like went to Low tier in the box... and we were just getting up to leave wen like ...a fight broke out... we were soooo close to getting drill shined against a wall...srs!

and after that, in the parking lot there was a really really creepy guy that like quietly came up to us outta nowhere like....he looked sooo creepy. we were just minding our own business and like sayin "hows in goin" but like he keep lookin and mumbling things. He stayed within a distance of us and just was soooo weird. kept on checking if we dropped our guards.....

On my way driving out of the garage (still circling around), i saw him agen and he was just staring at me ....watching....and right wen i got out i SAW HIM AGEN!!!! CC on the stairs looking straight at me! like he hella knew were to go and waited for mE! OMG guys be careful. Dont go wandering around the parking garage alone after biweeklies and such!

Yen. I have a favor to ask. Can I buy a pair of shoes and you draw on it? I haven't decided what to draw yet. But please please pretty pleaseeeee
LOL um it depends on wat...imma have to see haha! i charge $100 per square inch.:laugh: jk!:lick:

edit: i love norcal

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i was really inconsistent this tournament... blah.

really fun times though. lunin is really good against marth.

hmmmmmmm..... zhu's tech skill is cool.

i can only beat jeff on yoshis story.

i need a new controller. goodnight.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Just got home from an awesome biweekly. The format was really cool. Also I'm glad bracket went to sixteen ^_^.

Jeff/Zhu/Rey: thanks for ****** me. Always fun playing you guys.

quak/JP: you guys got a lot better since last time we played. Tons of fun in friendlies.

Yen: I hate rests. :(

Nekurbis: First time playing you I think. Hella close set though, that was so much fun. TITANIC ftw!!

Hyuga's Name Randomizer ftw

Good night all. I have to work in the morning. lol

This was too much fun, I can't wait for the next one. ^_^

SSBM Jp

Smash Cadet
quak/JP: you guys got a lot better since last time we played. Tons of fun in friendlies.

Thanks for the friendlies del you have one savage *** pichu >_< LoL you should try to go to quaks "QUAKFEST" on friday (haha quakfest) :chuckle:

but **** dude you jus got home?!?!?!? 4:48am

it's cause it's sacramento -________-

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
D4mn Quak got FIFTH?! Haha we had an amusing friendly.

GG and thanks to KSOK, and that other guy. I think your name was.... JP? I can't remember....

lol serendipity that was probably a homeless man. It is okay to walk alone. If you are me that is.

lol SSBMjp gets home at 4:30. Now you know how I feel when I get home at 5:00 after work.

meep FTA

Smash Journeyman
the swiss cheese format was the ****. i hope the biweeklies are continued this way. a lot of fun matches. um,,,Bob$, SS, and Zhu are really good. LATER

lordXblade

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe I couldn't stay. It sounded like a lot of fun. It was great spending a few hours playing friendlies. The swiss system sounds great, so scrubs like me don't get knocked out in their first few matches. Here's hoping I can enter the next one.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
someone stole my controller when i was taking a ****, knowing a was in a vunreable state the purpartrader took full advantage of my squatted posture. the controller was on the ground near the stall door. This person reached under and grabbed it . under the current circumstance i couldnt move, a wall of ****t had become . i protested and cried for help, please catch this
controller while taking a ****t theif, the sh11t controller bandit. he will get you if your not careful.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Sorry Delphiki. I kept pressing pause while you were doing you're infinite on me. I didn't do that to gain any advantage in the match. I just felt "oh wow this whole stock is down the drain - I can do whatever I want".

quak

Smash Champion
there's mos def not another ncb tourney this sat

but you can come to my smashfest this weekend, AIM: DennyPaul if ur interested

...i should make a business card....

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
someone stole my controller when i was taking a ****, knowing a was in a vunreable state the purpartrader took full advantage of my squatted posture. the controller was on the ground near the stall door. This person reached under and grabbed it . under the current circumstance i couldnt move, a wall of ****t had become . i protested and cried for help, please catch this
controller while taking a ****t theif, the sh11t controller bandit. he will get you if your not careful.
LMAO!

...As the guy was leaving the bathroom, did you hear him say, '...Sdap'

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
That is LAME! Is that for real? How shameless can people get?

quak

Smash Champion
id just be like "Taking it into the a public bathroom isn't the worst thing i've done to that controller."

quak

Smash Champion
sure, but im trying to not have too many people over. Again, if you want to go, i haven't figured out all the details yet, so aim would be the best way for me to keep you updated, as i don't want to make a thread on this, since im already close to the max that i want.

And i might ask everyone to pitch in a 5 for pizza and ****

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hi everyone,

So far most of the comments I've gotten about Swiss were very positive. I know that Swiss takes a long time, and that means a lot of TV's are tourney only, but I think my TV management system allowed everyone to get a lot of friendlies in. I haven't heard one person say that they didn't get enough friendlies (except me >_<). Not to mention that there's like 15 min of friendlies between each round. I also had fun running it, believe me it kept me VERY busy the entire time between 3pm and 9pm.

So, in following with that, if people like this format, I'd be willing to do more of these basically any time. I personally think Swiss is a better format overall than double elimination, even though we did a 16-man bracket at the end. Normally it would be 8, except there was a FIVE WAY TIE for the eighth seed, and there were precisely 16 people with 8 or more points at the end.

The thing is though that to make sure things run on time and efficiently, there has to be someone making sure things are happening at all times during the tourney. Every single minute I wasn't playing a tourney match or making matchups, I was watching matches on TV's and calling new ones as soon as they were done.

Anyway, just glad everyone had a good time with me running things. Thanks as always to Mr. KizzoGirl for the room. He slept IN the CS club room the night before.

SSBM Jp

Smash Cadet
D4mn Quak got FIFTH?! Haha we had an amusing friendly.

GG and thanks to KSOK, and that other guy. I think your name was.... JP? I can't remember....

lol serendipity that was probably a homeless man. It is okay to walk alone. If you are me that is.

lol SSBMjp gets home at 4:30. Now you know how I feel when I get home at 5:00 after work.
LoL naw delphiki got home a 4:30am >_< from san jose to...**** its a long drive...sacramento

lol buh JOSH WE GOTTA TEAM UP NEXT TIME Bowser n Falco :chuckle: da ultamate team LoL

ay buh send meh a myspace invit if you have one myspace.com/pakdispinoy

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Yup. I will send you an invite. But know this: Smashboozer is first in line to team with me. IF he comes that is. lol yes. Sorry but.... I forgot your name... :/ We will definitely team sometime. :D

And wtf happened in the bathroom to Bob$? I wasn't there, that must really suck.

quak

Smash Champion
is this gonna be labor day weekend?

if so then yes i'll be hosting one

AIM is DennyPaul if you want to know more

no, i refuse to make a thread on this

Top Bottom