• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
how many norcal smashers are actually going to OC3??
If the majority of us go or there's a large number, then we should play OC3 rules....
but then again if there's only a small group to represent all of norcal, then I still agree with Zhu
OC3 rules ftw!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
FFT is just as overrated as FF7 except it has a smaller base of more hardcore fans.

I don't see how putting it on the PSP is toning it down at all. FFT is a PS1 game.

Go everything Lunar!

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
FF7 Is hella good.
FFT Is hella good.
Xenoseries is hella good.
Tales series is hella good.

Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals is way too good for any of the above.

OC3 Rules FTW.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Are you anti-conformist?
I'm anti-conformist but also anti-anti-conformist, if that makes sense. Basically I think disliking something because it's popular is as abhorrent as liking something because it's popular. Although percentage-wise there are way more popular things that suck moose **** than unpopular things.

FF7 is overrated because it was a lot of ppl's first RPG so they were like WOW RPG R KUL. But it is very good in its own right, although I think 6, 4, 10, and possibly 12 (haven't finished it yet) are better FF's.

8 is pretty much the worst FF (even though I still played it through twice; it's not bad game, just the worst FF). The Draw system was an atrocity. All your characters are practically clones of each other in battle. The characters weren't too great. The final boss comes into the story when you're like 90% done with the game, and is hardly developed as a character at all. Squall is a ****. I do like the music and overall graphic design of the game though.

I'd say my #1 RPG is FF6, then Xenogears.
Grandia series = best battle system ever.
Secret of Mana = amazing

I'm leaving for Poland tomorrow, yay.

SoxSoxy1

Smash Cadet
I know that probably noone cares but,YES! I found out that the place Im staying is about two blocks from SJSU.I visit San Jose about 2-4 times a year,usually on vacations from school.Thats 2-4 tourneys a year which is way better than 0 a year. My only question now is there going to be friendlys before the tourney? If so what time because I want to get in as many games as I can. I guess thats it...Boozer FTW!

Also if theres anyone in the SJSU area who wants to play some games after the tourney gimme a location and i could probably come. Really just want to get as many games in as possible before i head home. Theres nobody where i live *sniffle*.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
my top 5 best RPG battle systems:

1. FFT
2. star ocean 3
3. star ocean 2 (yes 2 and 3 are different)
4. parasite eve series
5. saga frontier series

i also like the battle systems from: xenogears, xenosaga series, grandia series, and legend of legaia.

anyone ever played valkyrie profile?

ok i should probably stop talking about RPGs.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK Rey, I'll be around.

Also you HAVE to play Grandia before I respect your opinion on battle systems. 2 is the better game overall, but Xtreme has slightly better battle system.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
im against OC3 rules for two reasons:
1) I'm not going to OC3
2) they're stupid rules
yes, because corneria, jungle japes, rainbow cruise, poke floats etc are not stupid right? yea no johns, some ppl suck at them because they never bothered to play them but... yea alot of norcal is going to OC3 right? might as well get used to the mentality of playing by their rules. just a suggestion. i'm hoping norcal can do at least one of these before OC3 comes >_>

SuperRad

Smash Master
yes, because corneria, jungle japes, rainbow cruise, poke floats etc are not stupid right? yea no johns, some ppl suck at them because they never bothered to play them but... yea alot of norcal is going to OC3 right? might as well get used to the mentality of playing by their rules. just a suggestion. i'm hoping norcal can do at least one of these before OC3 comes >_>
it's not even the other stages being banned, because i only really pick outside of neutrals for ice climbers, it's that certain matchups become less balanced when you take away the three smaller stages from being on random. for example, sheik vs falco.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
Sheridan Grandia 2 was a pimp game especially for the Dreamcast. 3 isnt as good as 2, 2 is the best.

superrad just save your money and dont go to oc3

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Grandia 2 was really good, final boss pissed me off how easy he was though. Also my respect for Sheridan grows. A really good RPG I havent seen mentioned yet is breath of fire 3. ****, I should replay through that. Also I will not be making it to this biweekly.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
OK Rey, I'll be around.

Also you HAVE to play Grandia before I respect your opinion on battle systems. 2 is the better game overall, but Xtreme has slightly better battle system.
i remember playing grandia 2 (i forgot what 1 was like) and if i recall, it has a battle system similar to star ocean 2/3 but isn't real-time and you can't freely roam the battlefield like you could in most of the RPGs i listed for favorite battle system.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Panelist peeps: I'm not going to be on until sometime between 11 and midnight tonight. I'm going to do the last bit of hanging with my non-smash friends before I go off on this trip, that I won't be back from until July 21st.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
OK Rey, I'll be around.

Unless you've played the game Xenogears; I don't respect your opinion on battle systems.

P.S. I've played every FF, Grandia, all the Mana...etc the list is huge

and P.S.S The Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross franchise is the greatest of all time; the end.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Unless you've played the game Xenogears; I don't respect your opinion on battle systems.

and P.S.S The Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross franchise is the greatest of all time; the end.
lol where were you. we just went over how his NAME is from xenogears. that means he has probably played it.

P.S. its P.P.S., not pss

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

I didn't really think the Xenogears battle system was a strong point; I was just really fascinated with the story and characters.

I think CT is the next most overrated RPG after FF7...

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
What time does the June 30th tournament start? Gotta know quick because i'm due at Stanford between 2-5 that day.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Hoy. I'm totally goin to this shindig tomorrow. Anyone wanna team?

CMON DEEP NORCAL SHOW ME SOME LOVE!!!

I might be still drunk tomorrow so expect one hell of a smash show.

Top Bottom