• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
mmm, but to use them, you need a computer with the driver installed and such. if someone would bring laptops i can install the driver on their laptop and we can record that way... or if ppl brought vcrs and gave me the tapes, i could upload them myself XD... but i won't be at a biweekly for a lonnnngggg time XD.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sheridan didn't you say you had some complaints to type up? I'd like to hear them. You can post here or PM me or find me on AIM. Or you can send me a letter the old-fashioned way. Just write "SCAMP" in big letters on the front and it'll get to me. Unless you forget the stamp, then it'll be sent back to you.

Once change that'll probably happen is that four people will move up from each pool instead of just two. This'll prevent having DE pools of six in the higher pools. This will tack on a few extra matches, unless I want to go hardcore with one-game pools. In any event, no word yet if the two people kicked from the upper pool get a chance to be one of the four, or if that'll only happen before the last round.

But I will work on pre-set movement. Like how a huge DE bracket will have "loser goes to A" on it. I'll have that for every pool, every round, designed to minimize the possibility of people repeating.

How about that?

Mann

Smash Ace
I remember woot had gamebridges for sale during both of their past wootoffs. The last one was $8
It isn't that great. I bought it, and the quality sucks horribly. The sound lags, and so does the gameplay. For instance, when trying to SWD on a TV, you're going to have to do it much sooner by looking on it from the computer.

I can bring my laptop. Maybe Dec. 17

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
It isn't that great. I bought it, and the quality sucks horribly. The sound lags, and so does the gameplay. For instance, when trying to SWD on a TV, you're going to have to do it much sooner by looking on it from the computer.

I can bring my laptop. Maybe Dec. 17
The quality is fine. Its very clear and useful for $25. The tv tuner works very well and Its good to play single player games on if you don't have a TV in your room. Also, you shouldn't be playing on it newayz, just use a vcr to record the matches on it. I use it for all my matches and im very satisfied with it

Mann

Smash Ace
The quality is fine. Its very clear and useful for $25. The tv tuner works very well and Its good to play single player games on if you don't have a TV in your room. Also, you shouldn't be playing on it newayz, just use a vcr to record the matches on it. I use it for all my matches and im very satisfied with it

Hrm. What program are you using for it? As the only one I have available to me is the interhome video.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
im using the intervideo program also. whatever it came with... Maybe you didn't put the quality on best? When I record, its at 720xwhatever and its like really clean, and since most matches are just gonna be uploaded on youtube.. Its just as good as any of the matches on youtube... wont find any with better quality (check signature)

Zoap

Smash Master
i got a question scamp! lol

So umm like i was wondering why not do actual pools, instead of brackets and then take the two best records and move them up, the next two stay, and the rest fall. Besides TIME of course i mean. Just wondering if it would be possible, also this would allow lots of matches for each person and i believe this also would work out the flaws i saw of having to do 8 man brackets and seeding each one each time etc. Like i said b4 though do to time this is probably an undesirable way.

Ill prob ask u online anyways lol

Mann

Smash Ace
im using the intervideo program also. whatever it came with... Maybe you didn't put the quality on best? When I record, its at 720xwhatever and its like really clean, and since most matches are just gonna be uploaded on youtube.. Its just as good as any of the matches on youtube... wont find any with better quality (check signature)
Hmm. Maybe it's just my laptop. I'll try it on my desktop later.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Anybody know a place to get a capture card for, like, $100? Respond. We should start recording videos.
I have an RCA->USB device that will record video. I can bring next time I come and record videos straight onto my laptop. Or we could just record the matches to video tape and I can bring them home to put on my laptop.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah Zoap you pretty much answered your own question. The only problem is time.

I think that for every tournament people would prefer to do a round-robin instead of double elimination, for all the reasons you mentioned.

If there is a NCT2-replacement tourney, I was thinking about a RR-pool system with winners pools and losers pools.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, can someone help me out with that info too? i got an 1880 on the "new" sat which is pretty good imo, and i had full IB classes (just like AP for the most part, but not as abundant) and like 10 semesters of electives, which i got A's in. the bad thing is i got bad grades in the academic classes junior year (a few D's.... >_>) so i'm not so sure if i'll be accepted lol.

SOMEONE WHO GOES TO SJSU, GIMME INFO PLSXSXZS?

Mann

Smash Ace
D's count as fails in college. If you get a GPA of over 2.8, you should be able to be accepted into SJSU. But that was the year 2005.

Shouldn't you guys have already gotten information of the colleges you want to go into? :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
D's count as fails in college. If you get a GPA of over 2.8, you should be able to be accepted into SJSU. But that was the year 2005.

Shouldn't you guys have already gotten information of the colleges you want to go into? :p
weighted or cumulative? does anyone know?

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
Dang....i am not going to be to biweeklies for a while because of wrestling season.....i might be able to go to one over winter break and the anvierssary one but then i am gone till febuary...

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
actually guys, getting in to SJSU is a breeze if you have a good SAT. i got 1890 (just higher than you chok) and i got in with below a 3.0 GPA. my 1890 was in the top 5 percentile for sjsu students (most high SAT people go to more expensive schools) but my grades didnt really allow it. 2006 was a low applicant rate tho...so we'll see?

D's arnt good, but i literally failed my (not required, but suggested) spanish 3 class second simester of my senior year. sjsu is pretty lax. dont freak out if they dont send you a response for a LONG time though, because it took like half a year before i knew for sure i was in to sjsu...

Ian

Smash Ace
now it has to be 3.625 but that's if you don't take the SATs. if you get a 1600 on the SATs, you need a 1.625 GPA. and they don't count the writing portion of the SAT yay i hate writing
uuuh...so if you get say like 2200 but you didn't get 800 800 on english and math they don't count it as 1600+?

Top Bottom