• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
GG to all. No johns.

I have a few suggestions/observations about DRIFT that would take a while to write up now, and I have to go to bed soon so I'll do it later.

Just from reading the posts I think the people that did "well" seem to like it more than those that didn't. Coincidence? Only thing I'm going to say is that I had fun. ^___________^

PS Hi Snap.
haha I did well but i didnt entirely like the System cause yes it did prove was effective to some ppl but ppl who were 0-2 in 3rd round didnt get any chance to back into top 8 which sucks when they just had bad match ups.

example is Boback and Btzo, however they didnt get a final chance which they should get to get into top 8 so iono the system was good except the part when some people didnt get a final chance to get in when two ppl who take their place are not as good.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Hahaha... was that a shot at me, Falcomist? I had to climb the pools to get in more than anyone who did...
haha no not what i ment just ppl who ranked are higher like boback and Btzo didnt get a second chance to get into the final 8.

No aims at u man, U did an awesome job getting into the top 8 ^^ hats to u buddy it just Boback or Btzo lost 0-2 in third round and got dropped a pool making it so they dont get to the top 8 anymore.

Im not gonna make it a big issue. It just something like a small flaw thats all. But if the system made like that then no worries i dont care if Scamp changes it or not.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
I get what you're saying, but going 0-2 didn't always drop people from the pool they were in.

If I'm not mistaken, Scamp reseeded everyone and several times they had a chance to stay in the pool they were in, even if they went 0-2. I believe that both boback and BTZO had a chance to win something of a wildcard match to make it into the top pool before round four.

I think boback played nemesis, and BTZO played yamer, or something like that. I don't entirely remember, but they did have chances, I think.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
I get what you're saying, but going 0-2 didn't always drop people from the pool they were in.

If I'm not mistaken, Scamp reseeded everyone and several times they had a chance to stay in the pool they were in, even if they went 0-2. I believe that both boback and BTZO had a chance to win something of a wildcard match to make it into the top pool before round four.

I think boback played nemesis, and BTZO played yamer, or something like that. I don't entirely remember, but they did have chances, I think.
OO okay then i missed that ^^.

ALSO this system was FUN played lots of ppl but so many matches i get tired at the end in the top 8 like Endurance battle xD.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
hahaha... This is true... but I say that this system was way fun. I give you major props again, Scamp. And I don't say that just because I placed well.

Snap

Smash Ace
polisheridan, we only played twice that entire day.

i am thoroughly disappointed in the both of us.

next time we shall play more. and game and watch madness will ensue.

edit: i wanted to include "ensue" somewhere in my post

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah I added in the "wildcard" for the last round because I didn't think it was fair for the people who got dropped from pool 1 in round three.

I'm not going to call the top 8 the "top 8." It's more like the final 8. A lot of it comes down to who's left in the final top pool, since six of the top players have already advanced. It's really not that much different from a double-elimination tourney if you think about it, though. That's why I'm posting full results.

A special apology to Ian and Lucien. I promised everyone at least 5 matches (I think. Maybe it was more.) and you guys only got four. There was supposed to be a round-robin for the last pool in round four but at that point people were tired or didn't care. I hope you made up the matches with some good friendlies.

Anyway, maybe I shouldn't post the results at all. Seems to get more people talking that way. But seriously, I'm gonna go check the SideFX forums then post the results after that. I'm very interested in hearing what people didn't like about the format. If you don't want to complain in public you can always PM me.

Oh and I did finish the results a while ago, but then I fell asleep and woke up in the middle of The Amazing Race. The Barbies are still in it.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
haha I did well but i didnt entirely like the System cause yes it did prove was effective to some ppl but ppl who were 0-2 in 3rd round didnt get any chance to back into top 8 which sucks when they just had bad match ups.

example is Boback and Btzo, however they didnt get a final chance which they should get to get into top 8 so iono the system was good except the part when some people didnt get a final chance to get in when two ppl who take their place are not as good.
I think with the system though, people who started in the top bracket had 4 chances to get into the final 8 while people on the bottom had only 1.

In the top bracket, if you went 1-1, you stayed there and got another chance, go 0-2, and you still can go 2-0 and have another chance at the top 8.

People who started in the 4th bracket, had to go 2-0, another 2-0, another 2-0 just to get a chance for top 8 having to go 2-0 in round 4. if you went even 1-1 in any of the rounds, you had zero chance of going top 8.

Boback and Btzo totally deserve to be top 8. (Btzo is awesome ^^), but I think the system was still fair for the most part and still in favor of the high ranked players.

Snap

Smash Ace
wow... three posts at 11:49... cool stuff
i dont know why i quoted that but

i wish i stayed for the tournament. right now i have no idea how it was formatted. i sorta wish i coulda seen it so i could give my thoughts.

but it looks like it went well. gg to scamp

OK THE LEAST WE CAN ASK FOR IS FINAL 8
who placed final 8?
and in what order?
just tell us

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
i got 8th =P.

But we didn't get to play at all, Snap... You totally said you weren't gonna go, then you did, and we didn't play?!?! We have to play in December when I'm back again...

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Drift Results

Firstly, teams. I don't have the sheet that has the actual team names, so all I know is Dreads on Fire. Sorry if you had a really killer name.

1: Tang and SS
2: King and Germ
3: Snap and Zoap
4: Isai and SideFX
5: Hung and Brian
5: Kizzo and Yamer
7: Zhu and FMF
7: BTZO and Scamp
9: Myko and Nekurbis
9: Art and Afrojustin
9: Frotaz and Sheridan
9: Ian and Iceninja
13: Bootle and Jun
13: Dreads on Fire

And now DRIFT results....and man this is going to be a pain. I'm gonna copy the text before clicking "Submit Reply"

First the final 8.

King: Frotaz, #1 Stunna, Myko, Zhu, SS(x2)

SS: BTZO, #1 Stunna, Afrojustin, Falcomist GERM, King(x2)

TANG: Frotaz, BTZO, Myko, Falcomist, GERM #1 Stunna, Zhu, SS

GERM: Falcomist, SS, Afrojustin, Zhu. Falcomist, TANG

Falcomist: McMike, Bootle, SideFX, Myko, GERM GERM, BTZO, SS, TANG

Zhu: Nekurbis, McMike, Nemesis, BTZO, Kizzo, TANG SideFX, Bootle, King, GERM

Myko: Nekurbis, Afrojustin, #1 Stunna, Bootle(x2), Frotaz SideFX, Nemesis, Falcomist, King, TANG

Afrojustin: Hung, Scamp, Yamer, Kizzo, Nemesis Frotaz, Myko, SS, GERM

And now for the rest.

Nemesis: Scamp, Myko, Raves, McMike, #1Stunna Kizzo, Frotaz, Zhu, Afrojustin

Frotaz: Afrojustin, Nemesis, BTZO, Yamer King, TANG, Kizzo, Myko

#1 Stunna: TANG, SideFX(x2), Kizzo King, SS, Myko, Nemesis

BTZO: Falcomist, Kizzo SS, TANG, Zhu, Frotaz, Bootle, Nekurbis

Kizzo: Nemesis, Bootle, Frotaz BTZO, Zhu, Afrojustin, #1 Stunna

SideFX: Myko, Zhu, Dread #1 Stunna(x2), Falcomist, Hung, Scamp

Bootle: Scamp(x2), Zhu, BTZO, McMike Kizzo, Falcomist, Myko(x2), Yamer

Yamer: Ian, Raves, Bootle, Hung Hung, Frotaz, Afrojustin

Scamp: Dread, McMike, SideFX Bootle(x2), Nemesis, Hung, Afrojustin

Hung: Yamer, IceNinja, Scamp, Raves, SideFX Afrojustin, McMike, Yamer

Nekurbis: Ian, IceNinja, BTZO Zhu, Myko, Raves

McMike: IceNinja, Ian, Hung, Dread Falcomist, Zhu, Nemesis, Bootle, Scamp

Raves: Lucien, Darren, Nekurbis, IceNinja Dread, Yamer, Nemesis, Hung

Dread: Lucien, Raves, Darren(x2), IceNinja Scamp, SideFX, McMike

IceNinja: Lucien McMike, Hung, Dread, Nekurbis, Raves

Ian: McMike, Yamer, Nekurbis, Darren

Darren: Lucien, Ian Dread(x2), Raves

Lucien: Dread, Raves, Darren, IceNinja

Okay I think I got everything but I know it'd be easy to make a mistake. If I forgot someone or a match please let me know and I'll look into it. I'm going back to sleep after watching Family Guy on Tivo.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
SCAMP you're the best ty, dang noooo now my previous post was a waste....

oh look, your "Italicized" players mean who defeated us..correct? i believe so, cuz all the italicized players for me are the ones i lost to haha.

good stuff. hope to come again soon. GG everyone.^^

MC Mike

Smash Journeyman
Are the results in any order besides the top 8 because there are some people who have more wins than the people above them. (Just as an example) Hung and Dread both won 5 matches while BTZO only won 2. Just wondering xP

EDIT: How did Bootle lose to Bootle lol (No offense Scamp i know you were tired)

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
I think they are ranked, kind of... You're right about BTZO winning less than hung, but BTZO also started a lot higher. I'm pretty sure they are approximate ranks on everyone, but I could be wrong.

Also keep in mind who they beat and lost to. BTZO was higher up, so he had harder matches.

MC Mike

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i understand that BTZO had harder matches but i just dont see how someone that won less matches could get a higher placing. Unless your right about who they played and lost to matter which makes this post almost worthless.. oh well.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
well say you're in the bottom pool and you go 2-0, and another guy is in the top pool and goes 0-2. He's still a pool higher than you, but your record is WAY better

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
EDIT: How did Bootle lose to Bootle lol (No offense Scamp i know you were tired)
Fixed and none taken.

The results are not in any real order. They're simply in the order that I calculated people. I mostly went backwards from the final pools, so people higher on the list tended to do better than those below. But there's no real order of people listed.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Anybody know a place to get a capture card for, like, $100? Respond. We should start recording videos.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Anybody know a place to get a capture card for, like, $100? Respond. We should start recording videos.
http://dealnews.com/deals/Adaptec-Game-Bridge-TV-for-39-shipped/139456.html
This is for $39 and free shipping or $31 if you buy at buy.com and get the rebate. I was able to get it at the 1 day sale at woot.com for $25 =). The quality is pretty good. Its clear and its bout this quality on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF4z9bf4Y3Q
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U9LKxOLFICw

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Myko Michelle be my MS GF PLEASEEE!!!! I'm telling you, I AM VERY LONELY.

VERY.

LONELY.

LPOLPOLPOLP!LP!OPLOL!P!POL

I want my avatar to be my MS character.

On Topic!!! Man too bad I went to Fremont. Missed out on ze actsheun.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Who is #1 Stunna?

and for a capture card you can get them pretty cheap. I'd look for a dazzle dvc80 or dvc90, i think those are cheap and get good picture. And don't forget to get splitters for video and audio. That will run you about $10+

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
#1 Stunna was Sheridan...

We have to play some time Bryant...
Our match was the best one I had, I think. Even if you were "cheating" by picking sheik. It easily could have gone the other way...

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
#1 Stunna was Sheridan...

We have to play some time Bryant...
Our match was the best one I had, I think. Even if you were "cheating" by picking sheik. It easily could have gone the other way...
Yeah It was a great match atleast for you =). I know how good it feels to clutch the match and you totally deserved that win. I lost almost all of my first matches in the tournement cuz I kept picking shiek first (shiek is fun). You owned ME, crazy combo at the end... I was in shock =(. Good ol upsmash haha.

If your still in milpitas right now, we should play this weekend. I usually don't have anyone to play with except hung's doc, and I started using shiek seriously last week, so I am hoping to practice this weekend with Kurtis in shiek dittos to help with my shiek(if he is free). Are you still in milpitas? How long before you go back?

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
I'm in milpitas right now, but my flight is tonight... I come back on the 15th though. If you want we can play today for a few hours or something?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Boback and Btzo totally deserve to be top 8. (Btzo is awesome ^^), but I think the system was still fair for the most part and still in favor of the high ranked players.
Haha Thank You xP, it was my own fault though that I didn't make it though, I was kinda dissappointed after going 0-2 after the 3rd round of pools :( (in pool 1)

And yeah, gj MC Mike too, you actually did pretty good. I guess I did somethin right training you, but you've gotten really good really fast, I can't take all the credit :p

Also yeah, because I started higher I didn't play as many matches I don't think, but uh...I haven't checked Scamp's results so I'll edit my post later if I remember :p

Nekurbis, yeah, as u could probly tell I didn't really feel like playing XD (not intended to be a john >.>), I'll use Sheik or something next time around gg's though and hella funny sh*t at the tourny as usual XD

Top Bottom