• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
im gonna have to go with BTZO on this one.

sorry scamp, i'll admit i kinda skimmed your post but it REALLY was evident to me that doubles was getting kinda second glanced.

i'd really like to have doubles XD

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Alright firstly I apologize to Zoap. I got that one wrong. Hopefully, though, you realize that I was reacting to Tree's post more than I was accusing you. It may not read like that, but that's what happened.

I'm a little nervous about this event. I don't want anything to go wrong.

The only reason doubles is getting second glanced is because we're not using a new format for that. It's more about comparison than attention. If I'm going to try out this new format then I need to take as many precautions as possible in case something goes wrong. Doubles before singles is more than okay with me, though I don't really know many people who just play doubles then don't stick around for singles. Some people don't ENTER singles (like me a lot) because they can't really afford it or aren't very interested.

But anyway, doubles before singles is okay with me. However, if this is so then I really must enforce a strict time limit for starting. We must start at 11 at the latest. I don't want the team tournament ending at 3 having us start singles at 5.

Plus, I think it'd be nice to know if Mike or Kizzo are going to add any charges to the entry fee for things like capture cards or whatnot.

Finally, bring your cubes.

Zoap

Smash Master
yea i get u scamp i know ur a good guy, online its kinda hard to tell how things are meant to be taken. I agree that doubles should be at 11, so there is plenty of time for the drift.

See you all there :)

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Alright firstly I apologize to Zoap. I got that one wrong. Hopefully, though, you realize that I was reacting to Tree's post more than I was accusing you. It may not read like that, but that's what happened.

I'm a little nervous about this event. I don't want anything to go wrong.

The only reason doubles is getting second glanced is because we're not using a new format for that. It's more about comparison than attention. If I'm going to try out this new format then I need to take as many precautions as possible in case something goes wrong. Doubles before singles is more than okay with me, though I don't really know many people who just play doubles then don't stick around for singles. Some people don't ENTER singles (like me a lot) because they can't really afford it or aren't very interested.

But anyway, doubles before singles is okay with me. However, if this is so then I really must enforce a strict time limit for starting. We must start at 11 at the latest. I don't want the team tournament ending at 3 having us start singles at 5.

Plus, I think it'd be nice to know if Mike or Kizzo are going to add any charges to the entry fee for things like capture cards or whatnot.

Finally, bring your cubes.
Yeah ok, that's fine then. Just so people know, I will not let anyone have a lunch break this time, so if you want to get something to eat, it'd be wise to do it during teams because you will be busy during the singles tournament. We usually finish teams around 3-4 so yeah, we'll start singles right after.

Mike or Kizzo: Like Scamp said, it would help if you guys could post up the entry fees so we know how much is being taken out, if any, and for what please :D

Art?

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to say good luck to everyone at the biweekly on saturday! scamp, i hope your system is a success. also, since i will be in LA hittin up the clubs i wont be able to help out david in the morning so everyone that can wake up early, please try and help him out. oh and yen, forgot to say thx for helpin me out last time - couldnt have done it without you :)
as mike said, he'll be in SoCal gettin' some poon so the rates are pretty much up to kizzo. i sense that they will be cheaper than usual, lol.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
hey yen you have to play for a collective 20 hours to get mewtwo. the thing is, for every human player thats on, it counts. so plug in all four controllers, and set it to a 5 hour match, and kick mewtwo's *** after

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
hey yen you have to play for a collective 20 hours to get mewtwo. the thing is, for every human player thats on, it counts. so plug in all four controllers, and set it to a 5 hour match, and kick mewtwo's *** after
Or you can just... Play alot :)

Dr. Mario 100 vs. matches
Falco 300 vs. matches
Ganondorf 600 vs. matches
Jigglypuff 50 vs. matches
Luigi 800 vs. matches
Marth 400 vs. matches
Mewtwo 700 vs. matches
Mr. Game & Watch 1,000 vs. matches
Pichu 200 vs. matches
Roy 900 vs. matches
Young Link 500 vs. matches

I think there will be 23 people at this biweekly.
Yes! Rank 23 will be my highest yet... yay.

Zoap

Smash Master
teams STARTS AT 11, So be there by 10:30-10:45 for signups. Scamp needs all the time he can get for drift

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I guess the price will be $5 per person for teams (all going to smoking pot), and $7 for drift ($2 for capture card, $1 for club, $4 for smoking pot). It is the case.

Ian

Smash Ace
ugh today was fun...I was very emo today...forfited quite a few matches ~_~; I couldn't think @ All... I knew what the other person was gonna do and I knew what I shoulda done but I just stood there and got hit ~_~; bad hand-brain quardination...

btw!!

Selling
Marval Ultimate Aliance
Super Monkey Balls
Trauma Center SEcond edition
and Madan 2k7

all for wii 50$ each!!! what a good deal!!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Hmm, yeah I liked this format, pretty good. I got to play alot of matches but I kinda lost interest and started to do bad after I like my 2nd lost but ZOMG johns, gg's to everyone I played, all my matches were hella good. We have hella people coming up now, this format helped alot of us realize how good some of the non top 25ers actually are XD, I know not to underestimate people now :D, but yeah, gg's everyone, and there's way too many shout outs that I could do so....yeah...;) I like the regular double elimination brackets a little better, but this was a good change, I guess I like double elimination more juss because I'm used to it XD

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Major props to Scamp . . . DRIFT was great. Lots of matches, and a way better idea of where people should be ranking, for the most part. It was lots of fun today, and I'll see you guys in December.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
hell yeah that was some of the most fun i've had in a long time. i'll have some extensive shoutouts, since i played so many people.

thanks scamp, you really made that an enjoyable experience!

HylianLord

Smash Ace
shoutouts! yes i'm making another post for this zomgggzz

SCAMP - OMFG FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN'T COME BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT DRIFT WOULD SUCK, SHAME ONNNNNNNN YOUUUUUUUUU. very good idea, props to anyone that helped out with this!!!! i didn't get to play a single peach today... man i wanted to play u ><

Ian - man its a shame you weren't in the mood for smash today ><. when my grandmother goes back to china, we might be able to play some more on the weekdays XDDD. if you get the chance, tell him i give your dad much thanks for spending his time to drive me ><.

Justin - ****, sorry for being a pathetic team partner ><. i noticed that we lost at almost the exact times lol... we even got same placing XD. but we ended up not playing each other (which is good for me =)). thanks again for teaming man ^^. stupid crazy falcos... u / germ T_T. omg teach me how to falco ditto T_T.

Justin (afro) - definitely nice to see you back. shoutouts aren't really necessary cause we talked on aim! ^^. haha remember the triple shine - > shine kill combo!!!

Kurtis - u are both fun / scary to be around. it fluctuates very quickly though... but fun matches XDD... i hate sheiks... but i'm sure u hate spazzy falcos even more ><.

Bryant - Man, if i didn't have friendlies with you on thursday, i think i would have easily lost against you today ><. great matches man, thanks for encouraging me T_T... hopefully we can play sometime, i'll make sure the ride to my house is worth it ><.

bootle - haha i realize i still don't know your name... oh well half the time when i talk to you i can't tell if you're mocking my serious attitude so i half play along and half take it seriously ><. either way, very good marth... obvious improvement lol... i don't know why ppl find it incredible that u win so much.

Mike (MC) - ****... falco / fox out of NOWHERE. seriously crazy... ionno what BTZO is doing to you, but seriously you have an incredible falco / fox... its not even funny ><. ah well, we both play alot better than months ago at my first biweekly... XDD.

but wow... i'm going to miss biweeklies so much... T_T... this eliminates all chances of me getting on rankings T_T...

Top Bottom