• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nope's Monthly "Shugalicious's Sexy Saturday"

Nope

Smash Lord
If ur going OS u should also give the GOD KAIS a ride, we want revenge at beer pong against springfield, not revenge in smash though cause we rule
lol God Kais better step it up there will be no mercy this time!

If there's going to be beer pong my chance of going quadruples
If your of age and staying the night afterwards sure

I don't drink, but I do money match drunk people.
I will MM when I am! So bring dollars

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol OS is above drinking...but he is not above taking money from drunk ppl....so evillllll
Ever played Fable? My guy broke their karma system.

Good thing I can't legally drink. I know from (accidental) experience I'm a terrible drunk brawler.
Not that I'd want to get drunk around a bunch of guys I don't know. Waaaay too paranoid.
Why wouldn't you trust intoxicated strangers from various parts of the midwest that you met on the internet when you yourself are inebriated and trapped at a strangers house? I mean, come on. We all play video games, that practically makes us all family.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't you trust intoxicated strangers from various parts of the midwest that you met on the internet when you yourself are inebriated and trapped at a strangers house? I mean, come on. We all play video games, that practically makes us all family.
A drunk girl in a room full of guys.

I'd totally tap that.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
OS, what tournament are you going to next? I want that $20 MM. You should come to S.L.O.T.H on may 30th.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, what tournament are you going to next? I want that $20 MM. You should come to S.L.O.T.H on may 30th.
Where is sloth? Link me.

I am going to WaBIII next, then THE COMPETITION (you should go)

What is the $20 MM for? I don't remember >_>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you ignore the fact that "I'd totally tap that" is obviously being used as a general acclamation and substitute "I would have a sexual encounter with that" (another non-literal meaning) then yes you totally caught her. Good job OS. |:
that is still being used in place of the noun, so my statement still applies

especially since in this context it was obviously a literal meaning to the phrase

GRAMMAR FIGHT

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Ah good 'ol smashboards. You come trying to learn about the game, and leave learning something about English.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
that is still being used in place of the noun, so my statement still applies

especially since in this context it was obviously a literal meaning to the phrase

GRAMMAR FIGHT
Actually, if you accept that she was "I'd totally tap that" as a general acclamation the antecedent for "that" would be "a drunk girl in a room full of guys" - the entire situation. The anaphora is not referring to the noun "girl."

gg uninstall english noob kekeke

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Actually, if you accept that she was "I'd totally tap that" as a general acclamation the antecedent for "that" would be "a drunk girl in a room full of guys" - the entire situation. The anaphora is not referring to "girl."

gg uninstall english noob kekeke
Anaphora is the repetition of the same words or phrases at the beginning of a line. The use of the term "anaphora" as a term to describe the substitution of words or groups of words in a phrase is outdated.

You can't possibly look at "I'd totally tap that" as a general acclamation anyway; she specifically stated she spoke of the situation just so she could say "I'd tap that", showing the phrase was directly linked to the preceding sentence. "That" was obviously used as a pronoun for "a drunk girl" in this scenario, albeit accidentally. What she needed to do was add "if I was a guy" to the end of her sentence to clarify overall meaning.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
BUT OS
I'd totally tap a drunk girl regardless of my gender.

And it was just a joke

Is the next one gonna be $5 or $10?

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Anaphora is the repetition of the same words or phrases at the beginning of a line. The use of the term "anaphora" as a term to describe the substitution of words or groups of words in a phrase is outdated.
I wasn't aware that my use of the term was outdated, but I wouldn't put it past my high school to use old texts to save money. I'll concede this point. Touché.

You can't possibly look at "I'd totally tap that" as a general acclamation anyway;
I disagree, and I don't quite follow the logic explaining it.

she specifically stated she spoke of the situation just so she could say "I'd tap that", showing the phrase was directly linked to the preceding sentence.
I agree with this much. "A drunk girl in a room full of guys" and "I'd totally tap that" are related.

"That" was obviously used as a pronoun for "a drunk girl" in this scenario, albeit accidentally.
I don't see that as "obvious." If she used "I'd totally tap that" as a general acclamation she would be referring to the entire situation. If she meant "I'd have a sexual encounter with that" then yes "that" would refer to "a drunk girl." Both can be valid antecedents, depending on what she meant by "I'd totally tap that."

To me the obvious meaning was a general acclamation.

What she needed to do was add "if I was a guy" to the end of her sentence to clarify overall meaning.
That'd change the meaning, though. As a non-guy she could very well approve of the described situation. It's an amusing image. Perhaps she should have said "I approve" instead of "I'd tap that." While she may not like saying it as much, it would be clearer.

EDIT: Okay she explained and your interpretation was correct. I stand defeated. gg.

Do you have another shirt I can sign for grammar fights? Although this was more of an interpretation issue than grammar... an interpretation shirt then?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
SPELLING BEE

HAVE A SPELLING BEE AT THE COMPETITION

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

lou4222

Smash Lord
I was the Spelling and Geography Bee champion back in grade school. It looks like ill have to work on my Game and watch from lets say 5-8 and my spelling from 9-11 in preparation for the competition. Man this month has been crazy for smash tourneys.

On a more serious note we definitely need to have one of these every month this summer. Also im coming home this Thursday. Wakka I need Ice Climber practice. Everyone else me and Nope want doubles practice.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
On a more serious note we definitely need to have one of these every month this summer. Also im coming home this Thursday. Wakka I need Ice Climber practice. Everyone else me and Nope want doubles practice.
if sil is around we'll take you guys in twos, and lou, hope youre ready for my new secondary, hes a toughy.....

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
So the Wii Mario Kart is frustratingly annoying.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.....

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Actually, in response to the whole grammar fight, she really could have just fixed the whole situation by finishing her statement with "No homo."

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
*reviews thread from last time he posted*
Hmm

*sees Inferns post*

R.I.P. Katon

He died laughing.

On an actually related note. I'm in probably 2 setups and I'm bringing The Jerk.

I will have my Melty Money Match Revenge!
Nope $6
Champ $4
Cake $2

Prepare yourself!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Wow, there are a lot of tournaments in Ohio coming up. Umm.. weird question: does anyone want a roommate this summer? (OS?) lol

I main MK. I also play G&W, Kirby, and pika though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sweet.

I do not need a roomate because I don't have a place to live. Considering I am living off smash tournament winnings, I very much cannot afford an apartment.

Top Bottom