• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB 1 - No One Owns Better - CFL - Status Pending...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
This might be out of my range then. Might be getting a job soon and I want to hit FC and I have band camp in July. Sorry guys.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Actually, I like the idea of a date change...

4 tourneys in 4 weeks wasn't sounding too appealing to me.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
k so I made the reservation for the room, the new date for NOOB1 is July 7th, Registration will begin at 10am at the UCF student union n doubles will begin at 11am, singles shall begin inmediately after doubles.

skrach8

Smash Lord
im not gunna lie. otru is basically handling all of this **** as well as col-bol. SO..... who is coming to this beast of a tourny so far. Lets try to get this into the circuit peoples. EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY FL NOW> tru.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
im not gunna lie. otru is basically handling all of this **** as well as col-bol. SO..... who is coming to this beast of a tourny so far. Lets try to get this into the circuit peoples. EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY FL NOW> tru.
i talked to zane n he told me that LTEC2 is gonna have to be the third date for the circuit... he told me that NOOB2 could b in the southern circuit but not this one. But I discussed the whole thing with my crew (sheer n skrach) n weve decided that theres no point in holdin a tourney just for locals since it would prolly b more expensive to rent the room than the money we would make from all the fees since the attendance wouldnt b as great meanin that we will not make the money back, so we will close this thread and notify u guys until zane tells me the date for which he would like this tourney to be part of the circuit.

SORRY EVERYONE, the thing is that we want the tourney to be succesful not just local

SO AS OF NOW NOOB1 IS CANCELLED WE WILL HOLD IT IN THE FUTURE FOR SURE THO

Col Bol

Smash Champion
So wait even if this was a big FL only tourney (SE + NFL show) then you'd lose money???

:colorful:
That's exaclty what I'm thinking.

That is true, I just read the 1st post and it said the door fee is to pay for pizza and the rest goes to the pot. . . how will the room be paid for?
Well, when we found out that we couldn't get a room on the 9th, we considered holding it at Joe and Louis's apartment/theater room, therefore we wouldn't need money for the room...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So wait even if this was a big FL only tourney (SE + NFL show) then you'd lose money???
Apparently the room is only available from 11-5. A big FL tourney and only 6 hours to run it doesn't seem plausible. Thats mostly why it was cancelled.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
So...Are the rooms always only available from 11 - 5? Also, Joe, I'm afraid NOOB has a very small chance of getting on the circuit, seeing as how the FL tourney is already going to be LTEC2.

Id have to say two FL tourneys that close together isnt great for anyone outside of FL.
...:(

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sorry, it's true. I know we INNsomniacs had to pay a lot of gas to get to GA alone. Since FL is like twice the distance, it cost a lot more. Doing that more than once really hurts the wallet.

I doubt I can even make LTEC. XD

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey,

If you are looking to get space at UCF contact Brendan AKA bChad from the PC Gaming Club.

I used to be able to get rooms in the student union but I'm not a current officer of the club anymore.

You can email him at blynch87@gmail.com

Other then that Gigabits will be holding a tournament pretty much every month this summer :D

OTRU...

Smash Champion
So...Are the rooms always only available from 11 - 5? Also, Joe, I'm afraid NOOB has a very small chance of getting on the circuit, seeing as how the FL tourney is already going to be LTEC2.

...:(
colin i explained it above, noob1 will b part of the circuit eventually, the thing is that it cant b now, cuz of LTEC... so what im tryin to say is that it will prolly go down until august or september or sometime around there cuz we cant have two consecutive or really close circuit dates in FL

n thnx mwarhead i will def email him about that, i will try to get the room as soon as Zane gives me a good date for the tourney

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I think this will be best held in july, imo......
but until then
COME TO MINE!
I wanna play some N00b Testies again :)
And especially Col Bol, never got the chance :/

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
that, and Falco's Shine is acting as if it belonged to Fox? :ohwell:

Will the Noob Testament be playing the night of the 16th by any chance?

Maybe just to warm up for the 17/18th festivities?

Please?

Angry Lobster and Vision are big bums and never want to practice anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom