• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Waahs: The Return of the Troll! Scarborough, January 9th, 2010

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Wolfie, check the gtan thread, you may need to troll backwards. But I officially deserve god tier on the taunt PR.
I do not check threads unless I feel the need and I do not go searching for posts unless they are handed to me on a silver platter.

Oh the good ol' taunt PR, if I can make it out to a couple tournies I'll be sure to update the ol' girl best I can.

P.S. I miss your scarf :(

Iliad

Smash Lord
I do not check threads unless I feel the need and I do not go searching for posts unless they are handed to me on a silver platter.

Oh the good ol' taunt PR, if I can make it out to a couple tournies I'll be sure to update the ol' girl best I can.

P.S. I miss your scarf :(
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235341&page=190

Start there, and work your way until the swordgard motivator. That's pretty much where I stopped.

Percon

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait

I'm so confused... I thought the tournament in January was LBT2, but that's actually in Feb... man I got things backwards.

Uh... so I really wanna make this. Wolfblade, you driving up from Niagara?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
this tourney also looks like its gonna be mad hype, dayum, I have to go, Im onna play so much online between when I get home until the date of this tourney. I'll confirm attendance later.

SRTM

Smash Ace
is this the same little venue as last time? the unit across from timmies?
man its gonna be packed in that little thing!

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
yeah like..is this an apartment or soemthing??

its gon be JAMMED.
Weve had a copule tourneys at this venue, its pretty small.

But anywhere that sells fresh burgers and 1.50 gotorade is fine by me:)

Also, update OP. Im bringing my Wii, and 5ive said hed hack it, so we can run a + station off of it if you want

WIGI

Smash Champion
and im bringin a tv... and a wii if needed, but the fans broken inside. so wel only use if needed and keep on its cooling station.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yes, the venue is small, but remember that not all 50 ppl are going to come. All I know is that we need tvs and raidos has not confirmed, if he doesn't we might as well cry cause niagara/hammy brings most of the tvs, lol.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the venue is small, but remember that not all 50 ppl are going to come. All I know is that we need tvs and raidos has not confirmed, if he doesn't we might as well cry cause niagara/hammy brings most of the tvs, lol.
Because everyone loves 2 stock, 5 minute pools :)

Gichan

Smash Champion
doesn't matter, even if I had 11 tvs, I'm still doing 2-stock 5-minute pools, then 3-stock 8-minute bracket matches.

you still get your matches, and it reeeallyy helps for time. Please remember there are still doubles, SF IV, and Brawl +.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
doesn't matter, even if I had 11 tvs, I'm still doing 2-stock 5-minute pools, then 3-stock 8-minute bracket matches.

you still get your matches, and it reeeallyy helps for time. Please remember there are still doubles, SF IV, and Brawl +.

Agree to disagree. Especially with the doubled venue fee, lowering the amount of tourney smash being played is a negative. And for the sake of honesty, SFIV can go **** itself if its detrimental to the quality of smash.

Personally, I hate 2 stock matches. First kill wins. At least with 3 stock matches theres a window of comeback opportunity.

.Marik

is a social misfit
3 or 4 stock please.

It gives people a chance to catch up, make corrections on their gameplay, and this helps low tier mains like myself.

2 stock matches are over much to fast, and if we make a mistake, and we will against rampant Snake and Meta Knight players, then we blew our match.

2 stock pools happened at Prepare Yourself. Do not want.

*Edit* What Waffles said.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Agree to disagree. Especially with the doubled venue fee, lowering the amount of tourney smash being played is a negative. And for the sake of honesty, SFIV can go **** itself if its detrimental to the quality of smash.

Personally, I hate 2 stock matches. First kill wins. At least with 3 stock matches theres a window of comeback opportunity.
Run a tournament, then complain, otherwise get this garbage out of here

Gichan

Smash Champion
look looft, I might even take out SF IV, but even then it might have to be 2 stock 5 mins pools. Look, tourneys take MUCH longer than expected. these things go on forever so things need to be done to shorten it.

Plus we do want the Brawl + tourney to happen right? Last time we couldn't finish it, and that was a very sad thing. Imagine with 3-stock 8 mins pools....

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Run a tournament, then complain, otherwise get this garbage out of here
I dont see myself complaining. Complaining would be `Gi, thats stupid, you guys suck, 3 stock or die`

What I did instead, was point out why I believe 2 stock is inferior to 3.

Consider garbage removed when you delete your post

:)

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
look looft, I might even take out SF IV, but even then it might have to be 2 stock 5 mins pools. Look, tourneys take MUCH longer than expected. these things go on forever so things need to be done to shorten it.

Plus we do want the Brawl + tourney to happen right? Last time we couldn't finish it, and that was a very sad thing. Imagine with 3-stock 8 mins pools....

And lol, I understand perfectly. Im glad School)Brawl was 2 stock 5 minute, because I had to leave early. Sucks about + though.

2 stocks make logical sense, for we work within the constraints of a private venue. Im not a fan of what it does to the quality of the smash more than anything else

Iliad

Smash Lord
Might as well make it sudden death
in their defense, i dig why it has to be. My tourney ran with 3 stocks 8 min no issue, but I had a ****load of setups. Something like 10+ for brawl alone. They'll be lucky to have 5-6 dedicated to brawl with nearly the same vBrawl attendance. I was just trolling. 2 stocks IS gay, but in this case, it's a legit necessity.

*Edit* Just spoke with Mike (Raidos)

He's not attending, has something planned with friends/family that was planned a while back. Which = not able to back out of, which also = no ride for hamilton players unless a miracle comes into play. We may look into go bus or go train.

But no actual ride means no TV. i'm not lugging my crt onto the bus or train, sorry.

WIGI

Smash Champion
what about 3 stock 5 min.......

same max time as 2 stock 5 min, but gives a chance for those comebacks and stuff.. generally unless theres alot of camping or large stage, my brawl matches are usualy under 3 minutes.....

Gichan

Smash Champion
maaaaaann WiGi, you haven't been around in a long time, brawl matches are on avarage 5 mins, if not more, if 3 stock. The metagame has evolved into camping more and harder. So **** it. Look, if we got set-ups then yeah we'll do 3-stock. If not, no waahs, 2 stocks 5 mins.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i have been gone for a while.

w.e il **** those campers OLDSCHOOL brawl style.

i never thought id become the oldschool style of a game.

im old.....

my matches will be under 3 min so i can record the tauntspikes.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait

I'm so confused... I thought the tournament in January was LBT2, but that's actually in Feb... man I got things backwards.

Uh... so I really wanna make this. Wolfblade, you driving up from Niagara?
Not driving from niagara, I'll be up at my place in Etobicoke and probably working early the next morning. Sorry dude.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
why the fuck would you want 3 stock pools.

fuck pools.

theyre a waste of time

their only purpose is seeding, because no one in this scene cares about them or takes them seriously. shit, everyone i see is using secondaries or sandbagging during pools.

some of us dont want this tourney to drag on past fucking midnight, because people loaft to HELL during pools i swear to god yo people dont do their fucken matches and im just sittin there waiting 3 hours because i finished mine.
hell if i had the choice id just scrap pools entirely.

fuck pools.

Hammabro

Smash Apprentice
Let me know if you guys need more equipment because Freeroller can bring his wii + Brawl and I can bring a T.V. if you guys need it ( but the T.V. is only 22 inches or something like that).

nickcam

Smash Ace
why the fuck would you want 3 stock pools.

fuck pools.

theyre a waste of time

their only purpose is seeding, because no one in this scene cares about them or takes them seriously. shit, everyone i see is using secondaries or sandbagging during pools.

some of us dont want this tourney to drag on past fucking midnight, because people loaft to HELL during pools i swear to god yo people dont do their fucken matches and im just sittin there waiting 3 hours because i finished mine.
hell if i had the choice id just scrap pools entirely.

fuck pools.
+1000. Pools are only needed if there are more than 32 people.

SRTM

Smash Ace
I like pools because I get to play more lol.
But they make me nervous as heck cause I want to get in brackets.
Also Gi, I don't have a portable tv on me, sorry.
Fizz, I can bring a wii.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

ewwwwwwwwwwwww really o_O

also, make brawl + a 5 $ entry fee, what version of B+ are yall using?

Top Bottom