• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Waahs 2: Balls Mandatory Saturday, April 10th, 2010 Scarborough, Canada

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
They're not making any more versions. There's nothing to discuss.
Pretty sure they said the exact same thing with 5.0. Then along came this guy :ness2: and his ability to 0-death half of the cast using only 2 or 3 moves. The BBR needs to realize there's going to be flaws in every version whether they call it "final" or not, so that they can either release a 'flawed' final version and be satisfied with it or keep making updates but stop lying about 'final' versions.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Pretty sure they said the exact same thing with 5.0. Then along came this guy :ness2: and his ability to 0-death half of the cast using only 2 or 3 moves. The BBR needs to realize there's going to be flaws in every version whether they call it "final" or not, so that they can either release a 'flawed' final version and be satisfied with it or keep making updates but stop lying about 'final' versions.
No.

The WBR said, as far as creating an entire version goes, 7.0 is the last one.

They may make minor changes to the already exisiting "Gold" build, not release a new version.

Nothing is perfect. But, they finalized and solidified an amazing game where character viability and moderate Melee mechanics are common occurance. Professional Nintendo staff didn't do it, regular members of our community did it by themselves.

You guys play a "flawed" final version. What's the difference? That it's mainstream?

5ive

Smash Champion
You're just putting words into their mouths. 5.0 was a release CANDIDATE. 6.0 was NEAR Gold. Never did they say that those sets were going to be final. Whomever you heard that from was not credible at all.

5.0 to 6.0 had a 4 month window. 6.0 to Gold had a 3.5 month window. Pretty long gap between changes if you ask me. Don't know where the OMFG SO MANY UPDATES came from. It's not even like you have to relearn your character EACH re-iteration, which is what some of you are implying.

GHNeko said:
The changes are small and they're not constant. The last large change was from 5.0 to 6.0, which was many many months in between, and that wasn't even a huge change. That and ever since 6.0, the changes have been relatively small, to the point where you had ZERO worry about completely having to re-learn your character. Any update to any game is going to bring change. That's the whole purpose of an update/balance patch, so arguing this is a moot point, tbh.
And Marik. It's a Gold set. Call it Gold. The only things that have the possibility to be changed are glitches and infinites.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
You guys play a "flawed" final version. What's the difference? That it's mainstream?
You misinterpreted this. I don't have a problem with playing a flawed final version of Brawl, nor Brawl+. I love Brawl+ flaws or not, but I vividly remember 5.0 was also supposed to be the final full version and that didn't happen because the BBR had to fix some flaws. What I'm saying is that based on the past I can't put any credence on the idea that this will actually be the final version; and I honestly hope I'm wrong.

editgotninjadby5ive

And for the record I'm pretty sure when a character's dthrow goes from "combos into anything" to "doesn't combo into anything" in a version change, then relearning that character is something its players will need to do.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Brawl ***** Brawl+, who cares about how chars are more viable, there's bound to be low tier and high tier, ya'll just crying. Brawl + is the worst thing ever. It's so bad, you don't need to practice to win lmao.

.Marik

is a social misfit
And Marik. It's a Gold set. Call it Gold. The only things that have the possibility to be changed are glitches and infinites.
That's what I meant. I just threw in "Near Gold" because I was typing really fast without remembering "Near Gold" was actually 6.0, and the fact that 7.0 was just released.

But it still stands that 7.0 is the finalized "Gold" version.

You misinterpreted this. I don't have a problem with playing a flawed final version of Brawl, nor Brawl+. I love Brawl+ flaws or not, but I vividly remember 5.0 was also supposed to be the final full version and that didn't happen because the BBR had to fix some flaws. What I'm saying is that based on the past I can't put any credence on the idea that this will actually be the final version; and I honestly hope I'm wrong.
Fair enough.

Brawl ***** Brawl+, who cares about how chars are more viable, there's bound to be low tier and high tier, ya'll just crying. Brawl + is the worst thing ever. It's so bad, you don't need to practice to win lmao.
Brawl+ doesn't even have tiers, or at least not to the degree found in Melee and vBrawl.

5ive

Smash Champion

editgotninjadby5ive

And for the record I'm pretty sure when a character's dthrow goes from "combos into anything" to "doesn't combo into anything" in a version change, then relearning that character is something its players will need to do.
That's relearning your down-throw. And before I go on, you're probably referring to 5.0 to 6.0 hitstun changes. That was probably the biggest change out there, so I don't blame you for being a bit irritated at that change. I also took a while to adapt to the changed hitstun, and found myself getting hit out of combos which worked beforehand.

Anyways, what I interpret as relearning your character is basically how I felt when I first tried out Brawl+. I pretty much had to approach the game, in general, differently than Brawl. I guess others have an opinion on what "relearning" a character is, but a change can be minor, or major, and can effect your gameplay in different ways. No matter how you define "relearning your character", you should realize changes vary in effect. I am very confident that the changes from 6.0 to 7.0 are minor, and should affect your gameplay very little, if any. If I recall, about 3/4 of the cast was unchanged since near Gold, and the rest had minor angle tweaks/sakurai angle removals.

@Ally: I'll play what's fun for me, thanks. Even if I suck, I'll still play. Why? Because I enjoy it. I'm glad you have your opinion. I'm also glad I have my own. /startheartgoldsession

Gichan

Smash Champion
I find Brawl + to be incredible, only reason why we don't have to practice it as much is that we have played other smash games and know a bit about the mechanics. and ally, of course you **** in that game you're practically #1 in the world at brawl, and they're similar in ways.

My only issue with it is that they don't leave it alone. Even if you make small improvements and come out with 7.1, why are tournies going to have 7.0 if there is a 7.1. Leave the game alone and let the metagame develop or else it won't go anywhere. Yeah some characters may not be touched often but it is quite annoying still to have to hear 4.1, 4.2, 4.5 , night build, and all these terms and numbers that just turns it off for people. Oh well...

And holy, it all depends on what time I work sun morning. Like I usually work sunday mornings at like 7-8am. Knowing already that we're going to sleep like 1 hr at my place friday ngiht I don't know if I can do that again then go through 10 hrs at work on two nights with max 3hrs of sleep a night. I'll have to see, but I am already cancelling fri and sat to do this. Let me get back to you on this.

And dayum I'm happy that the attendance jumped a bit. If we hit 50 I'll be completely satisfied (including drop outs and such , it'll at least be 35 ppl, least). Anyways, anyone think they can beat Ally's Wario?

.Marik

is a social misfit
I know that.

But when an individual voices their opinion about something that they have zero understanding of, especially when criticizing it, then they are naturally going to come across as ignorant.

You know what? It's a hacked game, but it's a hacked game I'm going to **** everyone here in.

:yoshi:

.decoy

Smash Ace
i posted this already but no one replied :(
anyone? or anyone else..

yo i'd like to get some mm's...

holy - $1 bo3 snake vs. mk
raidos - $1 bo3 snake vs. ics
SRTM - $1 bo3 snake vs. diddy
fatal - $1 bo3 dittos
iliad - $1 bo3 snake vs. falco
i1337 - $1 bo3 snake vs. dk (i owe you from lbt2)
kkong - $1 bo3 snake vs. bowser
ally - $1 bo3 dittos

lemme know if you're down or if you want to change amounts/chars
i'm also open to more if people want to

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOLOL, decoy is too sexy, get ***** tin.

But bran, I think you should up the MM with KK, don't be gay and take his money.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
A game that is hacked (especially one which took 500 hours to make collectively), shouldn't be taken as some sort of joke, especially when Brawl is seen as a party game to other competitive scenes. I could say the same thing about the PR or complaining about counterpicks. It's just a game; why take it so seriously?

Because the people who do it, find it fun. Being hacked doesn't make something less legitimate.

GAME SEGREGATION LOL

Gichan

Smash Champion
Kalm, what's his/her name? and Jaimie, next time, **** in the *** okay? You look like one of those asian girls anywyas, LOL. Punishment required. And I'm assuming han isn't going either....

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
lol I'm not sure if Jason might go... he likely won't cause he'll be playing Maple

Gi doesn't like asian girls lol

Gichan

Smash Champion
I don't like ******** "KAWAII" trying to be too cute and cuddly asians.

And i1337, $5 MM? I hear you're a beast so I wanna see for myself.

Gichan

Smash Champion
god dammit I forgot my mms.

Ally $3 Ally, $2 Falcon
KKong $5
Holy $3
Joe $3 (halberd only, LOL, kidding)
F1ZZ in B+ $3
Pharoah $5

Raidos $5 MM? I'll **** your ****. And I think that will be all. maaaybbee kalm $5, just maybe.

oohh yyeeaahh, SRTM!!! $5 MM!

Top Bottom