• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO JOHNS Biweekly Results - 1st ANMC Event!

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol Why would you be pissed? Hax and I have to MM soon though. Also there should be vids of Scar vs HardGay on YT.
idk for some reason your my favorite falcon main

jona, come back in 2 weeks
i will hax...

falcon dittos??

wait? scar wanna join?

falcon trios/triplets/watever the hell its called?????

Edit: cant find your videos scar =[

phish-it

Smash Champion
Amazing tournament here. Too bad it didn't end until like 2am before we got to finish crews. I felt I could've done a little better but everyone is so **** good now. Can't wait for the next one.

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, thanks to all the people I played at the tourney and an extra thanks to Alukard for a kickass venue I had a good time, but it took way too long.
SHOUT OUTS

Phish-it good s*** in teams we really did well in this one.

Teh Spamerer yes the 5 5 5 deal is awesome, but what happen to your five?

Do you just pop out of no where as always.

Oorah we'll fight again my arch nemesis.

DJNintendo that was dirty man that was dirty.

Eazy great talking with you and good s*** getting out of that pool cause I wouldn't make it.

BrawlLover dude im sorry i thought it was you who was saying that stuff about me, but i know now your kool, please no hate.

Dot Eater I forgot about our MM next time I see you will play.

UltimaScout i saw what you did i saw lol.

and to everyone i forgot to shout to good stuff

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
ya scar i know im subscribed to you.

ive been dying to see some of you vs darkrain

basically anything falcon related.

fox, falco, marth and sheik vids are plentiful

falcon vids are rare.

not that many sexy falcons out there like there used to be.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
for those that are curious how my matches with jman went, first set i won 3-0, a 1 stock and two 2 stocks, two marths and once I was fox.

2nd set he beat me 3-1. First game was last stock 90 on YS fox ditto, 2nd I forget another fox ditto, but I think it was 1 stock mid %, 3rd was 2 stock high % I won that one, 4th was 1 stock 60% i was marth on YS. He was playing better, so he won.

3rd set I won 3-0, I think I 2 stocked him twice then jv 4d him on DL64, all fox dittos. I guess it was a combination of me playing better and him playing slightly worse (but it's mostly because he gets demoralized and then plays worse, which is a problem that both me and him share sadly). We have tons of friendlies, I guess I win like 2/3 or so in fox dittos overall, but he beats my marth like half the time when he's playing good, but usually he's not playing good. Generally when he's playing good I have to be playing at least average to go even, the proportion is something like that. His main problem is consistency, but I guess mine is too since I'm also a technical player, as is the nature of Fox McCloud. Jman's gotten much better recently.

edit - LOLZ DOUBLE POST IM A N00B

JFox

Smash Hero
LOL, not only a noob, but also a machine. IDK how you remember all that stuff. You're like that guy from the movie rainman.

Edit: Everyone get @ motha****in copycat for 9th place! Godddddddddddam. Tying with Vanz, Tec0 and HBK?! ugh this man is too beast.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yo **** son everyone lucky the mana lord didnt show up that dude beasts on a daily basis

he says he might come to the one during thanksgiving weekend tho if there is one so make sure there is one

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
my one real shoutout has to go to GMONEY for having the ill ride home he took like 14 people home in a toyota yaris with 2 trips to NY from jersey. he is too beast. thanks for the ride home G dollar dollar!!! :) those m2k vs jman battles were to good it was fun to see so much talent at one event for melee again. hax is right melee is too good and hax i might just quit brawl to train in melee again

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
for those that are curious how my matches with jman went, first set i won 3-0, a 1 stock and two 2 stocks, two marths and once I was fox.

2nd set he beat me 3-1. First game was last stock 90 on YS fox ditto, 2nd I forget another fox ditto, but I think it was 1 stock mid %, 3rd was 2 stock high % I won that one, 4th was 1 stock 60% i was marth on YS. He was playing better, so he won.

3rd set I won 3-0, I think I 2 stocked him twice then jv 4d him on DL64, all fox dittos. I guess it was a combination of me playing better and him playing slightly worse (but it's mostly because he gets demoralized and then plays worse, which is a problem that both me and him share sadly). We have tons of friendlies, I guess I win like 2/3 or so in fox dittos overall, but he beats my marth like half the time when he's playing good, but usually he's not playing good. Generally when he's playing good I have to be playing at least average to go even, the proportion is something like that. His main problem is consistency, but I guess mine is too since I'm also a technical player, as is the nature of Fox McCloud. Jman's gotten much better recently.

edit - LOLZ DOUBLE POST IM A N00B
YEA M2K got it...

that like what i can remember..

also i suck 4 having that problem:ohwell::ohwell:

javi1589

Smash Apprentice
im not saying this just because alukard is in my crew,but it was defiently not poorly run,there was definetly maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad people
i'm not starting a fight (like Kadiev would haha) but it started way too late after 330pm when it said it'd start at 130pm, pools lasted forever only because people were playing friendlies and no one checked on it, and no one seemed to care. I had fun, but i couldnt enter the singles bracket bcuz i had to leave =( and ending past 2am isnt a well run tourney

but no hate id go to another one if i could

edit (first quote in reply EVER)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this wasn't poorly ran, the only 2 problems there was that one match in singles took forever because the two ppl for some reason werent doing theyr match no matter how many times i called it out to them and it held up the bracket (but it wasnt that big of a deal), and doubles didn't start till like 3:30 or something, but that wasn't my decision.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Much love for No Johns Biweeklies but starting too late and having events run for too long with too much downtime in the middle = not well-run.

It was already said that we were going to be there forever though so I really didn't care and actually had a ton of fun even though it took so long. Melee all day.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
if it was poor ran its cause we took 4ever with pools..

i dont think we should say anything about alukard and chibo, it was us who took 4ever.. it took us 3+ hours to do pool.. and its because must people were playing friendlys and i know because i was 1 of them >_>....

i loved the tourney thanks guys..

JFox

Smash Hero
Actually, the tourney didn't take all THAT long, it was just cuz people took FOREVER to get there. CT and Reno/HBK/Gmoney got there at 3:30. Everyone getting there late was the biggest problem of all. Honestly, I think we should start without people, but alukard is too nice a guy to do that.

Had we started on time, we woulda been done by 11ish. That crews would have gone til 12, and thats fine. But those 2 hours really made things worse.

Anyway, I had fun, so w/e.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
even earlier than that lol. ideally ppl shoulda been there by 12 30 so brackets can be done by 1. we woulda been done a lil after 9 lol.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Actually, the tourney didn't take all THAT long, it was just cuz people took FOREVER to get there. CT and Reno/HBK/Gmoney got there at 3:30. Everyone getting there late was the biggest problem of all. Honestly, I think we should start without people, but alukard is too nice a guy to do that.

STFU you say stupid ****.

Who expects to go to a tournament and leave at like 6pm. I mean really.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
if it was poor ran its cause we took 4ever with pools..

i dont think we should say anything about alukard and chibo, it was us who took 4ever.. it took us 3+ hours to do pool.. and its because must people were playing friendlys and i know because i was 1 of them >_>....

i loved the tourney thanks guys..
I went to get food when pools started and less than half of my pool was done in ~45 minutes and DJ Nintendo went to sleep before finishing pools matches. idk if other pools were that slow though.

I also played friendlies during pools :bee:

R3N0

Smash Lord
Jfox just has a problem with New York love. =/
THANK YOU ALEJ.

btw your post count (718) is my area code.. holler...

anyway, yeah it was partially our fault, no lie there. But pools took a little while =/. I wanna say pool leaders needed to do their jobs!!! lol.. my pool finished in under an hour. cause I kept calling matches AS SOON as they were done so everything ran smoothly. and then I went and did all my matches.

I'm SORRY JAVI THAT U LEFT >_< I wanted to see how well you would've placed tbh. You're mad good and every time I play you I get surprised lol cause I didn't know you before esticle.

anyway. yeah. Jfox, you're such a jerk for having to call us out like that =/. WHAT A JERK. god. You've been jerky for like the past 2 weeks. Calling people idiots because we didn't agree? (SEEDING SYSTEM). And now you gotta go callin' ppl out on stuff o_O.
WHAT A TATTLE TAIL, GOD!

anyway, teams was the most intense and fun part about the entire experience lol. I <3 you alukard, and yeah be more firm in telling people to quit! I'll see u @ the next biweekly you hunk.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
I told Gmoney it'd probly be best if they started teams without us. I told reno a good few times on the way there that we probably wouldnt end up doing teams, but Alukard waited anyway.

I also have to admit to playing friendlies during pools. Lol Fox dittoes with Spam were too good. And then me and Pakman had our epic 3 match set which was mad intense. AwsmSean ***** my fox in pools btw.

Lmao, teams was sooo fun Reno lol I honestly can barely remember a match we played. And I def have the rest at my house. I really cant think of who I played at all Saturday, but I do remember Scar ****** me in losers. Hopefully they were close matches

R3N0

Smash Lord
omfg.. save it for like next bi-weekly. lol :-D and yeah all the matches are HAZY LOL. I just remember my heart going crazy when we were playing.. the only people i remember playing against was scar n pakman.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
In terms of personality and appearance, Teczero reminds me of an asian Cort. Anybody else get that at all?

javi1589

Smash Apprentice
Reno next time I'm staying longer i just couldnt bcuz the guy i was with wanted to leave ...=( and i had promised my girlfriend that id leave by 10 to do something, but chibo and other tourney host i loved the tourney i just thought we couldve started earlier even if you had to skip a few matches, i dont think anyone should ever not be put into the bracket but i think you couldve started it and skipped there match until they got there oh well.

Reno i forget all my match ups esp against sheik (JOHNS) but im starting to remember hehe

Top Bottom