• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
but at least hes done amazing at SOME tourneys

what about players who never do anything good and place bad since the game came out but blame their losses on choking? is that legit?

@Jtails: I'd be up for it if its for fun. i mean yeah we could even put up money but i dont want anger to arise from it cuz i think at this point weve reached, NJ NY should go out to tourneys repping both of us. so whoever wins wins. whoever loses loses. shows what we need to improve on and thats it =D

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
but at least hes done amazing at SOME tourneys

what about players who never do anything good and place bad since the game came out but blame their losses on choking? is that legit?
I think choking can really hold a player back, but at this point if you're bad you're just bad probably.

I used to choke extremely hard and I think it held me back. I've since cut down on it and it shows a lot imo

Jtails

Smash Lord
yea, ny/nj has really come together. id be down for money or not. we should just organize it. no one should get mad regardless, just play harder and be good sports :)

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
yea, ny/nj has really come together. id be down for money or not. we should just organize it. no one should get mad regardless, just play harder and be good sports :)
Word this is why I love Jtails meyneee this guy always has a positive attitude, good ideas, and is an amazing sportsman.

I agree the crew battle sounds like a great idea but most top NJ players are always telling me they hate crews/don't try in crews D:

Care as much as NY, NJ!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If NJ's top players don't want to participate, then let the other players participate. It's not like everyone besides the best of the best sucks.

Jtails, I wanna MM you if I don't play you in bracket the next time I see you. I wanna try my hand once more and break my 0-2 set record on you. :bee:

Jtails

Smash Lord
<3 PD!!

and for mblaze. wes is hosting a tourny soon 9/12. and on the 25th theres a tourny in jersey ktar3 i believe.

sounds good delta :D

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Word this is why I love Jtails meyneee this guy always has a positive attitude, good ideas, and is an amazing sportsman.

I agree the crew battle sounds like a great idea but most top NJ players are always telling me they hate crews/don't try in crews D:

Care as much as NY, NJ!
I care if I'm defending something(If i didnt i wouldnt be a part of it then, **** sandbagging) but I wouldn't disrespect NY by not trying.

EE: i aint saying **** bisch! i played u a while back tho. u good :). do you feel you choke in tourneys or just need to get better?

Jtails

Smash Lord
I care if I'm defending something(If i didnt i wouldnt be a part of it then, **** sandbagging) but I wouldn't disrespect NY by not trying.

EE: i aint saying **** bisch! i played u a while back tho. u good :). do you feel you choke in tourneys or just need to get better?
which is why some money would be something you're defending, even if its 5 ya know.
but yea the ny vs nj rivalry should be enough :p ktar3/sos gauntlet need to be epic

Jtails

Smash Lord
choking is what i did against dabuz game 3 at gauntlet. 6 seconds left. im up like 10%

i dimentional cape to the edge of castle siege 2nd form.

throws purple O_O

SPOOOOOOOONZZZ

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Alright, I'll answer this truthfully.

I use to blame it on choking cause I generally have close matches with anyone better then me, in fact up until very recently(maybe a month b4 Apex) that's what I always use to comfort myself with and just say I'd win next time. However, I got a few vids recorded and realized I just made poor decisions/bad reads and it cost me so it wasn't really choking, it was just a lack of approaching matches the right way. I've since been working to correct that problem since its my own fault for losing. :)

Expect when I played Squal, that negro got ****ing lucky at Players Bowl, Cypher hits me with 3 seconds left on the clock and he wins by time out because of that extra 2%? **** THAT YO.
lmao :ouch:
Squall is an expert with the cypher

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
LOL you guys realized you have asked/accepted the same $5 MM at LEAST 4 or 5 times in this thread alone?

Jtails - "Yo accepting all MMs!"
TakeO - "alright jtails i got u for 5"
*2 days later*
TakeO - "ey im tryna MM at DC who wants to"
Jtails - "yeah let's MM for 5 TakeO!"

Jtails

Smash Lord
LOL you guys realized you have asked/accepted the same $5 MM at LEAST 4 or 5 times in this thread alone?

*2 days later*
Thats ****ing hilarious!

whatever we'll do two of em!!

yo PD mm me for 5 we out yo for 5!
did i mention ill mm you for 5?

hahahha JP

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
lmao if i have money next tourney i go i would like to mm money is kinda tight right now with college and **** jtails =(

but i should have some extra cash after my loan goes through so we (probably) out!

Jtails

Smash Lord
hahaha enjoy college dude, the years go by with the quickness!

I'm already a **** senior :( but everyone thinks im still in highschool haha :D

erick gm14

Smash Ace
HAD MY FIRST CLASS TODAY AND NO JOKE, MY ART TEACHER LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE KEITARO! LOL hes hilarious guy.

but yea choking is panicking and when u panic u dont think straight, and when u dont think straight u dont perform as good as u shoulda done. choking is part of a player. with confidence though u dont choke which is why top players dont choke/do bad, or they may do bad but from having a bad day or something.. my 2 pennies.

im starting to choke a lot less though, my losses are now in forms of SD's :D lol its still my fault though..

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Kelvin:

I think I fall under your definition of somebody that sucks and blames losses on choking.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion

*2 days later*
lmao I had a hunch I already asked him, well at least I added it to the list of people i MM in the MLG thread. I won't forget this time :chuckle:

Ebay has so many fluke GC controllers it's ridiculous. Those bootleg *** controllers feel like the chinese people threw them at the wall 100 times & erase Nintendo off the product

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you think you`re choking, acknowledge it and make a clutch comeback.

I try to control my emotions even and try to have a good competitive attitude even while playing. Be sure to think while you`re in the respawn bubble. :)

Top Bottom