• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Took me 60+ hours the first time I played when I was a dumb child. The first 30 hours were just spent running around Hyrule, the market, Link's hometown, and Karaoke village. I know its not spelled that way but thats how I called it when I was young.

My 2nd time playing through when I was 18 it took me about 15 hours.

Keitaro

**** you all and your strategy guides!! I'd finish a dungeon and get lost for an hour figuring out where the hell to go. I also spent 2 hours fishing so johns. That might have been Majora though, I don't remember.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
**** you all and your strategy guides!! I'd finish a dungeon and get lost for an hour figuring out where the hell to go. I also spent 2 hours fishing so johns. That might have been Majora though, I don't remember.
Lol what strategy guides?!

WOOOOWWWW
I forgot about the fishing mini-game!
Gonna go back and just wreck that game now xD

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
1 M2K
2 ANTi
3 Mikehaze
4 TKD
5 Rich Brown
5 Havok
7 Tyrant
7 Tearbear

Winners
Bye
Defeated Hall
Lost to MikeHAZE (Quarters)
Losers
Defeated SK92
Defeated Tyrant
Defeated Rich Brown
Defeated TKD
Defeated MikeHAZE
Lost to M2K

SHOUTOUTS TO JASON BATES

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Moving to New Haven, CT for school tomorrow for like 2 years, so... I'll see you guys at Apex 2012, hopefully.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Yeah, I was thinking about going to KTAR 6. Not gonna lie.
I'll see what I can do about tourneys on weekends, most likely none on weekdays due
to school.

Keitaro

1 M2K
2 ANTi
3 Mikehaze
4 TKD
5 Rich Brown
5 Havok
7 Tyrant
7 Tearbear

Winners
Bye
Defeated Hall
Lost to MikeHAZE (Quarters)
Losers
Defeated SK92
Defeated Tyrant
Defeated Rich Brown
Defeated TKD
Defeated MikeHAZE
Lost to M2K

SHOUTOUTS TO JASON BATES
ANTi, MAH BOYYY!!!

Vinnie

Smash Master
Chibo just ****ing host up here. Omg.

If you host up here, it would require 1 person to drive up.

If you hosted down there, it would require like 20+ or 30+ to drive down. Use your head.

If Yes hosted his tourney in south jersey, it woulda got like 15 entrants.

Cmon

Chibosempai

/rant

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
How do you expect me to find venues up there

man you guys would never survive in midwest where ppl have to drive lol

also it's actually rly easy to go between NY and Atlantic City via public trans, that's how I'm getting to your tourney vinnie

for my event I'm aiming to make it fairly cheap with some kind of special to attract randoms and wifi players that are located literally everywhere (even south nj lol)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
How do you expect me to find venues up there

man you guys would never survive in midwest where ppl have to drive lol

also it's actually rly easy to go between NY and Atlantic City via public trans, that's how I'm getting to your tourney vinnie

for my event I'm aiming to make it fairly cheap with some kind of special to attract randoms and wifi players that are located literally everywhere (even south nj lol)
Mark the thing is that, like Vinnie said, its more about accessibility to everyone. D1 hosted a tournament near a train station in NYC and almost 50 players showed up. For melee LOL. I mean if twenty new players show up for that then a lot more will be showing up for Brawl. If you want a good venue that can bring about a lot of new players I can suggest Hunter College for you. My friend Jimmy goes to school there and can get a venue for 2 days for about $200-$300 for a weekend. Obviously it would be for a special occasion but since it is in NYC there will be a special attraction for the super underused NYC smashers.

As far as NJ since many drive using Yes's Venue would be ideal. Its nice and has decent parking. Then again, I am a NYer so I just wanna go somewhere without having to drive and pay silly tolls ( ah NJ how I loathe thee ). I'd suggest the Espot but for some reason some people do not like it ( though its suppose to only be for a tournament from around 30-50 people it can be cheap enough with $5 venue to provide incentive for newer players if you do the Mike Haze discounts of $3 off new players ).

We really underuse those discounts and forget locals are more about building our scene as opposed to getting money. I know for some players, it is about making bank ( which is fine ) but those are not the people local events should be focused on. We should focus on the people that are trying to get into the scene. Lets find them and make them regulars.

I mean there is more I can say but this was just on my mind. Nothing really major here.

TL;DR - Be smart about things.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Thinking about hosting a tournament in south jersey on August 20th, whataya guys think?
That's the week after KTAR, people will be burnt out from traveling. It's the week of darkpch's tourney so NYC will be at that. And South Jersey is absolutely ridiculous (timewise and cost) to get to by public trans, which is the option for everyone who doesn't live in NJ. Even if you get to Atlantic City, which yes, is easy, it's still a super pain to get ANYWHERE ELSE. South Jersey is also a very long drive for NYC/LI which is like 10 people+ alone. The drive home from CoT5, which was at a normal time for leaving a tourney took me almost 7 hours because of traffic. If you know how I drive, you know that's absolutely ridiculous, and I'm almost 2 hours closer than Will/Pane.

tl;dr South Jersey is awful for anyone who doesn't live in...well South Jersey.

Keitaro

I don't think South Jersey is that bad, it just may be hard to hype of that Fusion venue again. Besides it getting attendance from the COT venue change, it has yet to garner hype after 3 tournies.

Your best bet is using my venue since I most likely won't be using it anymore, or Yes's venue but people may have already jumped on that. Also as I pmed you, Dark Peach's tourney is on the 20th and hosting a tourney a week after KTAR is a bad idea imo.

Keitaro

Btw, the season ends this weekend.....*****es!!!!!

Please give rankings pic suggestions. The final decision will ultimately come from me this time as I want to be able to actually create the pic with decent pictures.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I don't think South Jersey is that bad, it just may be hard to hype of that Fusion venue again. Besides it getting attendance from the COT venue change, it has yet to garner hype after 3 tournies.

Your best bet is using my venue since I most likely won't be using it anymore, or Yes's venue but people may have already jumped on that. Also as I pmed you, Dark Peach's tourney is on the 20th and hosting a tourney a week after KTAR is a bad idea imo.
I think South New Jersey is a great place in general ( the beaches are beautiful ). It is sad that it is so very far from me and a lot of others. Also, To think about it, take your time hosting a tournament. We do not need a tournament every weekend. I'd be down, if anyone is interested, in doing a Viridian at the KTAR venue to get something big going. I would actually like that a lot.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm looking into hosting at Keitaro's venue on the 20th. I know it's a week after Ktar, but that doesn't really seem to matter to people. Most people are looking for a tournament basically every single weekend (kind of unfortunately lol), but I'm also not looking for the attendance he's going for off the bat of 100+. I know Dark Peach's is the same date, but every other weekend in august has something good on it, and tbh I don't think I've ever seen an NJ player go to one of Dark Peach's events, yet alone most NY players. Isn't it in a fairly bad area, and a house tourney that last time had a $10 venue fee? lol (even if it did come with free food).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Talk to Ebo more and arrange with him. He drives to a lot of tournies and lives right near you.

Unfortunately it seems that even coming from south nj going to get you adds like an hour to my trip both ways :/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Talk to Ebo more and arrange with him. He drives to a lot of tournies and lives right near you.

Unfortunately it seems that even coming from south nj going to get you adds like an hour to my trip both ways :/

_Yes!_

Smash Hero

Top Bottom