• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
In the demo, was Olimar in it/ still feel exactly like Brawl? Last time I played, he was just like brawl in every sense and mad easy to play, seemed very good. they probably changed it though.

MARVEL OMFG SO GOOD BIONIC DIKC

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Olimar isn't in this demo, no. The available characters are:

Mario
Fox
Falco
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Ganon
G&W
Jiggs
Snake
Lucas
Sonic

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
In the demo, was Olimar in it/ still feel exactly like Brawl? Last time I played, he was just like brawl in every sense and mad easy to play, seemed very good. they probably changed it though.

MARVEL OMFG SO GOOD BIONIC DIKC
So long, **********!

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
ROFL at them.

I played project M last night, it's MEH.

Totally don't feel like Melee. Game is like Brawl with 2x Speed with a few changes like WD, Lcancel, hitstun. it feels like A speed UP Brawl + for real.

oh hey I can have tap button off, nice LOL.

But overall the game isn't even that fun. I went back to practice my Diddy MU, that's way more fun.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna practice this week for pound, before thrusday?:o i can invite ppl ovahr hurr
I do! :D

thoughimnotactuallygoingtopound

@Wedge: Nice.

Edit: For anyone who plays Pokemon, shiny Raikou's on wifi Mystery Gift until...well it's supposed to end today, but it's a European event so probably before 12 AM for us. Next week is Entei, then Suicune. Apparently need at least one of them to trade to Black & White to get Zoroark.

shanus

Smash Hero
I agree that it doesn't feel like real Melee. I like the game anyway, but I have a feeling they're going to ruin it trying to make it more like Melee instead of the cool in-between it's at now.

Wavedashing definitely is not the same as it is in Melee on 0 buffer. No way in hell. The timing is much slower, and extremely awkward.
The only difference in timing is that the first frame of movement occurs on frame 2 instead of 1 for the MAD. The distance, jumpsquat timings, and potency are near identical. The only difference you should feel in executing it is the fact that a light-press on the R or L buttons can trigger an airdodge as compared to melee in which a full press is required. So unless you play with perfect techskill, the input timing is no different.

People don't seem to understand the method to which top tiers were ported in PM:

-Direct melee frame data
-Direct melee hitbox data (as parsed from their actual melee character files)
-Direct melee physics (also as parsed from their actual melee character files)
-Direct edits to games engine to match its frmae functionality as compared to melee
-animations modified to match melee

Yes, a few things aren't quite there yet, like ledgeroll lengths. It's amusing seeing players try and say "it's not melee timings" (many of whom are brawl players) which is solely different in total airtime due to brawl's landing detection being significantly earlier. This is the only reason wavedashing feels easier, wavelanding inputs are later, and why L-cancel timing is later.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Nakat bug people individually. Posting to the public doesn't do shiet.

Shanus alot of us played melee you silly goose.

shanus

Smash Hero
Nakat bug people individually. Posting to the public doesn't do shiet.

Shanus alot of us played melee you silly goose.
I was just explaining the subtlety behind inputting a WD. If anyone thinks the input timing is wrong, it's either because they are used to full presses, or they are just placeboing a frame difference, because the only thing buffer provides you with is getting the input out on the first possible frame which is the same exact thing as precise timing with 0 buffer (on the same frame you do it in melee!)

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Oh snap project m party! WD is fine imo.

Heero let's play PM, but instead of PM let's play MvC3.
I'll play Project: M if you give me liquor.

Hell if you give me liquor I'll even respond to Wyatt's "I'm gorgeous" posts he makes before he goes to school. Lord(Knight) knows no one else will.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
The only difference in timing is that the first frame of movement occurs on frame 2 instead of 1 for the MAD. The distance, jumpsquat timings, and potency are near identical. The only difference you should feel in executing it is the fact that a light-press on the R or L buttons can trigger an airdodge as compared to melee in which a full press is required. So unless you play with perfect techskill, the input timing is no different.

People don't seem to understand the method to which top tiers were ported in PM:

-Direct melee frame data
-Direct melee hitbox data (as parsed from their actual melee character files)
-Direct melee physics (also as parsed from their actual melee character files)
-Direct edits to games engine to match its frmae functionality as compared to melee
-animations modified to match melee

Yes, a few things aren't quite there yet, like ledgeroll lengths. It's amusing seeing players try and say "it's not melee timings" (many of whom are brawl players) which is solely different in total airtime due to brawl's landing detection being significantly earlier. This is the only reason wavedashing feels easier, wavelanding inputs are later, and why L-cancel timing is later.
Yeah we play/played melee, go explain your theories somewhere else, we don't give a **** about your ****ty modded v of Brawl. Melee or Brawl, nothing else.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Yeah we play/played melee, go explain your theories somewhere else, we don't give a **** about your ****ty modded v of Brawl. Melee or Brawl, nothing else.
Yo Elliot... you need to relax man.
I'm not a fan of Project M, but you don't see me going that hard at Shanus. Sheesh broski.

Let's go take a walk and do fun Canadian stuff.
That'll calm you down.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol elliot chill. They're not even viewing the thread anymore.

Project M.

That should do it.

It's fun but given the history of brawl+/brawl-, idk. I don't see the game finishing before we're all 30.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
It's the full press vs. the light press. Makes a huge difference to me.

project m project m project m project m project m project m project m

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I played a very old version of project M many months ago and wasn't feeling it since it didn't feel like Melee. I'll try this new one out soon to see how it compares.

This is the best brawl mod, but sad face at brawl mods.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Who is responsible for this gathering of downright ugly people talking about MVC3 and Project Melee?

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
a friend of me and gunblades is trying to sell a ps3 and lots of stuff with it for anyone interested

PS3 like new
2 controllers (1 dualshock and 1 sixaxis)
17 games (will specify the games later)
and a 650 gig hard drive..yeah that big.

for 500 bucks

PM if interested.

will edit later for list of games.

some of the games:

Gran Turismo 5
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty World at war
MLB 2009 the show
MLB 2010 the show
Fat princess (on hard drive)
GTA 4