• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

CO18

Smash Hero
then I won the my D3 vs your snake 10$ cuz u were complaining that grabbing was hard, and how I spotdodged faster LOL Johns18 too good
You won 2-1 last hit, and you only won the first match cuz I sded my last stock when u were at 140 and I was at 60 shouldve got 2-0ed.
My snake>ur d3.

And you do seem to spotdodge faster no joke LOL. unless it was the delay on the tv, id wait for ur spotdodges then youd spotdodge again somehow

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Generally, I think characters that are unable to or infrequently place at regional and national tournaments are worthless.

But.

We had just had a Pikachu place in the top 4 of MLG Orlando and a Luigi in the top 8, so, I dunno.

Zucco

Smash Master
we also had a tournament with laggy TVs and random seeding.

Pikachu sucks ****. hes the new marth (brandon logic)

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Here we go Sonic's MU are not horrible he holds his own well against most if not all characters
Why are YOU trying to tell ME something about Sonic? Get some accomplishments or at least be recognized as a good Sonic main before attemting to educate me:laugh:

Robfox

Smash Lord
When someone can switch to a character they almost never play and 2-3 stock you, the character's bad

You have a strong point but as said previously you ppl act like low tiers are worthless CG can happen to anybody Fox jus has it harder you just have to learn how to camp and evade. Yoshi can Chain release MK until his heart's content is MK considered bad i think not.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
You won 2-1 last hit, and you only won the first match cuz I sded my last stock when u were at 140 and I was at 60 shouldve got 2-0ed.
My snake>ur d3.

And you do seem to spotdodge faster no joke LOL. unless it was the delay on the tv, id wait for ur spotdodges then youd spotdodge again somehow
buffering dodge for some characters is faster than going back to shield, like falco. not sure about snake

Zucco

Smash Master
Kai just accepts that his character is bad in competitive play. Nothing wrong with that.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
O believe me im trying I just got into competitive brawl this year and if you use him why talk unnecessary trash on him.
Liking the character is no reason to delude yourself into thinking he's good. Use him when the matchup oppurtunity is there. Liking the character has nothing to do with he's viability in the game

Edit: What Zucco said

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
robfox is making the most dumbest posts since big m. seriousnly, if you just got into competitive play, you cant shrug off facts. Sonic is bad. yoshi cant cg mk till his hearts content, only till the end of a stage and thats only if he gets the grab. you do know mk has 6 jumps right.

fox is bad too. only talented players make him look good. there are characters that easily make him unviable

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yes keitaro, i had to switch up my strat vs nick riddle because i couldnt run up and powershield becuz...i couldnt powershield the d smashes due to lag. and nado wasnt helping either. once powershileding vs zss was taken from me, i knew id lose. just gonna go falco next time lol

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Can someone give me an in depth, systematic breakdown on how PRs are done, preferably in a PM

Maybe doom or keitaro? D:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
M2k and cheese complained about it. From what I heard no one else did but I wasn't there this is what I heard.

BTW part of being a new competitive player is being a little naive to the community and how things work in terms of tiers work. Eventually what happens is those (i'll call them lower level players for now ) players either get good ( rookie, kai ) , learn better characters ( Malcolm ) or just flat out quit ( inserts a million players ).

As a community I'll just say its better to encourage new players rather than deter them from entering by MM them til they run out of money and give up cause we gave them a "bad" experience.

@robfox - you should also not annoy people and mock them. What has worked for people helps. If someone makes a page of habits and happens to make money then more power to him. It shows commitment and intelligence. Studying people and remembering habits is a big part of any sport and trying to disregard that is just silly ( reference to NBA/NFL or even MLB but thats more statistical). Be respectful and others will respect you.

@kelvin - did you try Lucario I know that character is a nightmare for ZSS last time I checked.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Some of you people are calling characters bad they may be, but realistically both Fox and Sonic (ill have to pass on Yoshi) can do good due to a lot of people not knowing the matchup or not knowing how to stop the character's approach (ex: Sonic spindashing and running away from a non projectile character)

Yes the characters are balls, but gl finding many players to stop the crappy character cause honestly even ranked players can be pretty dunb sometimes.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
lol you know what im gonna stop here it's obvious I can't win especially in a room full of top tier suck offs and for that people I bid you good night.
Top tier suck off = Sonic main like myself?? Que? What?

Sucks when the bad kids have no idea what they're talking about and insist that a character they like is also amazing in the game.

Keitaro- We call that getting outplayed, not the character being good. Sonic isn't good when someone cant sheild spin dash.....

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
robfox is a f@ggotand no one likes him. plain and simple lol welcome to nj

he called us top tier suck offs. hes off to a bad start. no nice treatment or he wont learn.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well I was trying to be nice until robfox was ...

robfox are you related to darkpch...just asking

I was trying to be nice but trying to argue and be a jerk really does not help your chances. It is better to just learn then just commenting on peoples preferences.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yoshi can Chain release MK until his heart's content is MK considered bad i think not.
Only MKs that are doin it rong get grabbed a lot. It's not that useful.

And if you try to educate ME on Yoshi, I will throw something at you.

robfox is making the most dumbest posts since big m. seriousnly, if you just got into competitive play, you cant shrug off facts. Sonic is bad. yoshi cant cg mk till his hearts content, only till the end of a stage and thats only if he gets the grab. you do know mk has 6 jumps right.

fox is bad too. only talented players make him look good. there are characters that easily make him unviable
Irony. :laugh:

ill have to pass on Yoshi
Hatersssssssssssssssssssssss.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
lol you know what im gonna stop here it's obvious I can't win especially in a room full of top tier suck offs and for that people I bid you good night.
Get use to it, you live in Jersey stop whining just because people use really good characters. Ever thought the person may love MK from the Kirby series and decided to use him for the love of the character? Man up and make Fox into something that they can't handle.

I'm pretty sure fox beats d3, lol
It's even

lmao ok he gets CGd easily you people act like high tiers have no weaknesses nd low tiers are worthless
I am pretty sure they never said that, but being that I main Fox it is obvious he has some pretty ****ty MU's. He is definitely far from bad so ignore when people say that, but it takes the player into making him good. If you have seen Rookie and TKD i'd have you know they have beaten most of the countries really good players with the so called "bad character".

When someone can switch to a character they almost never play and 2-3 stock you, the character's bad
No just no...............

You have a strong point but as said previously you ppl act like low tiers are worthless CG can happen to anybody Fox jus has it harder you just have to learn how to camp and evade. Yoshi can Chain release MK until his heart's content is MK considered bad i think not.
If I hear tier one more time from you I am going to rip Fox's tail off and stick it on MK to make you shut up. I remember you and I remember blocking you on AIB due to you speaking so much nonsense.

Robfox

Smash Lord
Top tier suck off = Sonic main like myself?? Que? What?

Sucks when the bad kids have no idea what they're talking about and insist that a character they like is also amazing in the game.

Keitaro- We call that getting outplayed, not the character being good. Sonic isn't good when someone cant sheild spin dash.....

ok you win feel better now :)

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
I have a page for him. not a book lol. atomsk has a page too, and shadow, zucco, adhd in teams, havok, inui, my crew, pierce, i wrote nick riddle today on the plane...I WAS BORED OK! (easiest one ive written lol) .

who won that mm anyway?
I'm sure you've heard this enough already, but, seriously. I imagine you just sitting around writing down names in a black book with a totally inconspicuous title.

@Robfox: :/ Try not to be offended. Trust me, everyone here would LOVE for characters that aren't considered very good to be so. But the fact is, the ones that have been repeatedly proven "bad" are considered so for good reason. Sonic has amazing speed and ability to punish because of it, but his capacity to kill SUCKS. Fox has lazors and speed, and an Usmash that kills at 100, but always has to mindgame in order to approach properly, and...all those hard counter characters he has.

When people say they suck, they're talking in general. You can a chosen few who transcend the suck properties of the character (e.g., X and Rookie, respectively), but even they have yet to take 1st in a top tier region.

People aren't trying to be jerks. They're just seriously grounded due to...reality, lol. Call it justified cynicism.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
oh grammar nazi lol

cloudfox i do it when i come back home from a tourney. not on my spare time

and shugo doesnt play sonic. he plays super sonic

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
i dont get it. or did you get butthurt cuz i said something not nice about yoshi?
No, you said "most dumbest" which is a double superlative which is wrong, which is ironic when insulting the intelligence of a post. It wasn't serious at all, and I don't really care if any of you diss Yoshi. Chill bro. :dizzy:

Robfox

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure they never said that, but being that I main Fox it is obvious he has some pretty ****ty MU's. He is definitely far from bad so ignore when people say that, but it takes the player into making him good. If you have seen Rookie and TKD i'd have you know they have beaten most of the countries really good players with the so called "bad character".

No just no...............

If I hear tier one more time from you I am going to rip Fox's tail off and stick it on MK to make you shut up. I remember you and I remember blocking you on AIB due to you speaking so much nonsense.[/QUOTE]

????? no you blocked me because we got into that Hip Hop argument and you were scared 2 mirror me lol honestly i couldn't care less about your block. Oh and im far from whining and most people only main the "real good" characters because they are considered top tier look @ me I play wit both Snake and MK but not because they are high.

Top Bottom