• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
*Forum Name AlMoStLeGeNdArY
*Which game you play actively- Brawl
*County: Burlington
*City: Bordentown
Contact Info: AIM, Cell#, Email, etc. Aim= WiTiTiSick101
College: Kean Univeristy
Brawl FCs: 0603-0984-9743
**Crew: Kings of Brawl on neoseeker.com

I think I filled it out right and just hit me up whenever I'm trying to get better and I want to start going to tournies. Anyone in my area?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Cool, lets share recent gaming tales. I spent all day yesterday in fighting game training modes. Practiced M.Bison in SSF2T, Chun-li in 3S, Shino in NSGNTEX3, and random characters in TvC. I'm curious why and suprised that the GC dpad is significantly more responsive than the Sony and Microsoft dpads of this and last generation. I will practice Balrog and Deidara today. TvC, I don't even know where to get started. I didn't plan on getting into TvC, but it's sitting here in my house, so I might as well mess with it.

Also, I beat FFX again, earlier this week. Good game, voice-acting could have been better, for the most part.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
wow something really depressing happened to me in school today and stuff...then i saw the video in ethers sig..and it really helped ALOT <3 ether

bajisci

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm loving this game. Faize is considered the worst character gameplay wise, but he's still my favorite lol...I'm tempted to stop using him though because he really seems pretty horrible :ohwell:
yea faize sucks pretty hard lol
bacchus seemed to suck at first but gets much better, of course edge is godly, reimi is good, idk what part u are at so ill stop there to avoid spoilers

ANTi_

Smash Hero
i doubt no one on this site can beat my pokemon diamond team.. i put mindgames into pokemon ;)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I can't deal with Pokemon games anymore. Too much RNG involved with trying to form a competitive team. It's nice playing through the story for fun though.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Golem should be on everyone's team. Nothing shows you're more manly than having a giant rock to rely on in tough times.

So anyone wanna guess where I'm gonna be ranked this season? I'd say 16th.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I hope I'm at least in the top 10 somewhere. As of right now tho i'm not even going to be on, that is unless if I'm going to another tourny which I am.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Did anyone actually play Pokemon Cards???

I found it to be much more fun than the luck bull**** of Yu-gi-oh.

Anyone who played Pokemon Cards "including the Pokemon League at Toys-R-USs nation-wide" should agree with me that the Pokemon Card game took more skill than Yu-gi-oh to a great extent. I feel like I'm comparing Melee skill to Brawl :bee:

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Did anyone actually play Pokemon Cards???

I found it to be much more fun than the luck bull**** of Yu-gi-oh.

Anyone who played Pokemon Cards "including the Pokemon League at Toys-R-USs nation-wide" should agree with me that the Pokemon Card game took more skill than Yu-gi-oh to a great extent. I feel like I'm comparing Melee skill to Brawl :bee:
Do you know what the latest pack released was when you played yugioh? When invasion of chaos came out as well as all the packs after it, I thought the game got much more skillful, after the advanced format was started anyway.

Pokemon wasn't entertaining to me. The only time I ever had fun with the card game was trying to get out charizard. You probably know more about Pokemon than me anyway, but I would say that Yugioh is the better game. If you took some time away from your cell phone I think you may feel differently

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Both pokemon and yugioh were fun but i liked yugioh more. I ran a sexy monarch deck. then i quit and now supposedly elemental heros...are good? wtf is this blasphemy

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Both pokemon and yugioh were fun but i liked yugioh more. I ran a sexy monarch deck. then i quit and now supposedly elemental heros...are good? wtf is this blasphemy
The last deck I ran was monarchs too XD. When Caisus(think thats his name) came out I was tempted to start back up but I decided not to.

Yeah they aren't bad now. I think it's mainly due to disk commander and Stratos. I don't know from tourny experience but ive been playing the games(tag force2, 3) and those 2 seem to be very good.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
True true, I have not played Yu-gi-oh too much.

All I remember were rediculously counter trap cards like Mirror Force and Black Hole or whatever its called.

People at my school play it so I may watch um play a bit to see how it has evolved. Excuse my bashing of Yu-gi-oh.....kinda :p

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Pokemon cards were silly to play with because of those **** element cards that you needed to even attack. >_>

Seriously nobody ever played with those element cards in Pokemon.

Lol I remember when I was young I had a computer game that taught you how to play with Pokemon Cards.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It's all good. You're probably right anyway if you played the game closer to it's release. The cards like dark hole, monster reborn, pot of greed, forceful sentry, deliquent duo, and raigeki were simply amazing with the first few packs. By the time mirror force was out there was even more gay ****. The advanced format as well as all the cards that have come out over the years truly changed the game for the better. I'd probably still play today if there were any hobby shops with a good number of players that attend close by but there arent.

Yugioh is probably why I have more appreciation for the smash community as weird as that sounds. I fell out of yugioh bc the community near me was gone basically. Thats not exactly what I want to happen to the brawl but I fear it's only a matter of time before every player who takes this game seriously turns to MK and the game dies. Thats off topic though. Charizard> Pokemon. Kuriboh> Yugioh.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well Pokemon Cards are still fun to collect. I mean Jigglypuffs on one of them. Why would you NOT want to get a Jigglypuff Card?

I actually played Yugio cards with my friend alot when it first came out. I never liked how you played with Pokmeon Cards.

Lol I'm posting at School right now during my study. =D

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
back in high school I loved yugioh till no end. I had the most incredible fiend deck ever!!! Then some kid (he was a fat black kid named ricky) stole my deck, but he kept denying it and I never got it back.... Then I started Magic the Gathering and I had an incredible burn deck. All of my friends either stopped playing it or went to a different college so it just sort of ended. Then I went into pokemon diamond and that just sort of stopped some how...can't remember how lol.

Now it's brawl.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
i doubt no one on this site can beat my pokemon diamond team.. i put mindgames into pokemon ;)
Next time don't forget your DS and MM me :)
Hey guys. I wrote a totally interesting and helpful blog that everyone should read. It's witty, too!

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=15039
I feel like I just got RickRoll'd lol

guilty as well, currently playing it
MM Me :)

And @ Everyone talking about yuhioh/pokemon lol i still have both my decks even though I haven't touched them in about a year. I'll dust them off and take them to a tourny if someone wants to **** me/ get ***** :)

Top Bottom