• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
We'll be waiting Tec. Oh wait, I don't go to RU :psycho: I feel like an honorary member of the group though.
haha you definitely are keitaro. YES! welcomes you :p I definitely wanna get some more smashing in before exams come back to do bad things to me though.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Spam you wouldn't be so bad if you did more fairs as the spacies....I mean come on do that and you're pro!

Eggm

Smash Hero
The only tournament this weekend seems to be in NY the KOTC, tec0 are you gonna go to this or go to RU? If your going tot he KOTC i wanna take the train from your house with you probably.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
The only tournament this weekend seems to be in NY the KOTC, tec0 are you gonna go to this or go to RU? If your going tot he KOTC i wanna take the train from your house with you probably.
Im not sure cuz KOTC seems gay >_>

plus right now im sick so i might not do anything but sleep for the weekend :(

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ah, thats probably a good idea, and the KOTC rules aren't as bad once you actually get there, expect for buy backs. >_> Like the one i went to we did ghetto doubles, and had normal rules, 15$ is whack tho.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
kotc was the **** back in the day back when it was at bennigans
haha... its so true with all the madden players trying to kill one another... i just remember one time wes starting something with one of them from across the room and he got up was like who said that. and then wes stood up and the guy was like "oh" and then sat right back down...

JFox

Smash Hero
Hahaha, thats funny as hell.

Yeah, KOTC was fun when it was the only venue around cuz everyone came to it since there was no other choice.

But it was always expensive cuz they take 50% of the cut since they do it as a business and are looking to make a profit.

I had fun in those days, but I doubt I would make it a regular thing just cuz of how pricey it is, and how many option there are nowadays.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
ehhh just go and win KOTC eggm :)

i feel much better and i wanna play the RU guys so tommorow (If thats cool with you guys...???) i want to head down if thats at all possible.

Someone IM me SN = Teczero8

... yes an eight at the end.... >.>

EDIT: Can anyone tell me train directions to RU??? and about how much i would need for transportation?

JFox

Smash Hero
I wonder if RU newark gives people transportation from newwark to the new brunswick campus. I bet if they did it would be much much cheaper than public trans. Of course they might not have something like that, and even if they did it might not be available to non-RU students.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Hey all, I am relatively new to the smash competitive scene (I'm newb, but can learn) I would love to meet up with some other NJ players that can maybe show me some tricks or the competitive methodology. Any help would be great.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Umm i love to play new peepz man

If you ever wanna play i actually play alot.. lol

anyway unfortunately you are like 6 years late... :(

but i dont mind playing unfortunately i think you live far....

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Well yeah, it was more in preparation for brawl, I just got my Wii today.

But sure I would love to learn some new techniques and play with a different variety of people than what I am used to.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
well cool i havent played too long either (like about 4-5 months by now) so yea...

anyway look at the melee discussion and learn tech stuff first its the only thing you can do by yourself.

If you want come and go to tournies or play me sometime :) im like currently somewhere between 16th - 23rd in the state >.< so im okay and therefore you should play me sometime lol

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah thats true,

Its funny I met someone on this board who I went to high school with but we never knew each other, its pretty amazing.

I don't know how many techs will be useful from melee to brawl, but I'm sure the general framework that competitive players use will apply to the next game as well.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
well cool i havent played too long either (like about 4-5 months by now) so yea...

anyway look at the melee discussion and learn tech stuff first its the only thing you can do by yourself.

If you want come and go to tournies or play me sometime :) im like currently somewhere between 16th - 23rd in the state >.< so im okay and therefore you should play me sometime lol
screw you

you're a candidate for top 5

just like me ;)

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm aiming for the # 1 spot. xD Lol, I'm coming for you m2k, watch out for me at pound 3, I'm in deep training. :) Make sure to come to smashpoclsyse too, with a bad controller so i stand a chance. :) Oh and c3.

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm aiming to get better at smash. I'm really pretty apathetic about this list.

Oh and BTW, no one stepped up to the plate, so I have no idea who is a panelist this season. I haven't even kept track of any tourney results cuz I'm sick of doin all the work for this thing.

MrMatt

Smash Rookie
Name: Matt
County: Middlesex
City: East Brunswick
Contact Info: AIM - Phat Matt 10392
College: _
Crew: _

max32090

Smash Ace

youre definitely top 5

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh and BTW, no one stepped up to the plate, so I have no idea who is a panelist this season. I haven't even kept track of any tourney results cuz I'm sick of doin all the work for this thing.
OMGosh, are you serious!?!??! I was going to post months ago on whether you were keeping up with the tourney results or not cause if you weren't I would of helped you.

If you are going to make the new list with the same rules as last time then I would like to ask to be a panelist. If I'm able to, I can start backtracking through tourney and weekly tourney thread for results and save them.

JFox

Smash Hero
Keitaro, thats fine with me. I would love the help. It won't be hard to backtrack most of them All of the Cheezit's and Smashacre's are easy to find because they both are in their respective threads. Simply check the first page for all tourney results.

OOS is mad annoying cuz no one tells you where they are going. I don't feel like effing stalking every NJ smasher to see what OOS tourney they go to. Stuff like NY weeklies, KOTC's, and Smashpocalypse are harder to keep up with.

Anyway, Keitaro is the man. Thanks. Talk to WoZ, I'm sure he'd be happy to have u as a panelist since Sensei doesn't seem to show interest anymore.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I stalk people on the boards by clicking their usernames and clicking "find more posts by user: to find out what OOS tourneys NJ people go to. It's real easy cause I used to stalk people in per......uhh....play Splinter Cell alot....yeah ;) I'll speak to Woz.

I'll get on that tourney stuff now. Gimme some time, a day to 3 days.

Top Bottom