• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
When is SBR banning Diddy, I don't like his face.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Question, if you were supposed to play someone in bracket.

And they forfeit.

Does that count as a win? (It does in bracket obv)
No, if someone forfeits then it's meaningless.

We both already know that situation and next time we play I promise you'll need MK to win ^_^
I keep getting lucky, ne? :bee:

In other news, Anti just won his GameBattles Winners Bracket quarters match.

Winners Semis next week

Winners Finals the week after.

If i get 1st im taking the $1,000 and taking you guys to a Chinese Restaurant.

:)
Oh, cool. Sounds fun. Thanks. Good luck, broski.

Hello? Am I supposed to post my info here?

(Oh and hi Inui)
Wow, really? What's up? :bee:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The infinites confuse me. I don't see why they are allowed. They don't require skill, and they completely knock out 2 characters from the game(I know you've made this arguement in the past). AH well
2) Yeah I did make that argument, and I still believe it's ridiculous how Metaknight, a character who has no infinites (other than wall lock) is being considered for a ban all the time, but other brainless, overpowered, tactics that have 0 risk and 100% reward still live on as legal.
Because banning infinites for the sake of banning infinites is scrubby.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Because banning infinites for the sake of banning infinites is scrubby.
If it allows 2 more characters to be viable I wouldn't consider it scrubby. Besides there is plenty of other legit stuff that isn't as bad that has rules against it(planking). This one on wolf and fox especially take 0 skill. At least you have a chance of getting out of IC's

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
If it allows 2 more characters to be viable I wouldn't consider it scrubby. Besides there is plenty of other legit stuff that isn't as bad that has rules against it(planking). This one on wolf and fox especially take 0 skill. At least you have a chance of getting out of IC's
Those two characters are viable, even with the infinite allowed. Atomsk just took 2nd on sunday, going mainly Wolf. Rookie took 3rd. Wario gets infinited by multiple characters, yet he is clearly viable, and no one wants the infinites on him banned. If anything, it's general disadvantaged matchups in the top tier that hold Fox and Wolf back from winning tournaments, not infinites from random, mediocre characters.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
don't get grabbed.
Quiet, men are talking.

Those two characters are viable, even with the infinite allowed. Atomsk just took 2nd on sunday, going mainly Wolf. Rookie took 3rd. Wario gets infinited by multiple characters, yet he is clearly viable, and no one wants the infinites on him banned. If anything, it's general disadvantaged matchups in the top tier that hold Fox and Wolf back from winning tournaments, not infinites from random, mediocre characters.
Wario gets infinited? I wasn't aware of that.

I'm not sure about wolf but I don't think fox's issues is the top tier. I mean, sheik and Pika kill him with the success of one move that takes no talent. I also think he does well vs snake, mk, wario, diddy, and most of the other top characters.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Wolf basically has the same issues with Sheik and Pikachu that Fox does, but those matchups are no worse for him than 40/60 disadvantages. Sheik is worse than both Fox and Wolf. Take out the "infinite", and you're arbitrarily making her poor matchup spread, even worse. Pikachu? The matchup is not even close to unwinnable (for Wolf at least), and the only Pikachu that matter is Anther, in the first place.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Wolf basically has the same issues with Sheik and Pikachu that Fox does, but those matchups are no worse for him than 40/60 disadvantages. Sheik is worse than both Fox and Wolf. Take out the "infinite", and you're arbitrarily making her poor matchup spread, even worse. Pikachu? The matchup is not even close to unwinnable (for Wolf at least), and the only Pikachu that matter is Anther, in the first place.
I can see Ftilt being more difficult to hit than a grab and sheik is definitely not unwinnable, however I can't see how difficult it is for pikachu to get a grab. Luckily, like you said, the only pikachu who matters is anther, so it isn't something to worry about. Still a legit concern if there are bans or limits on Planking and DDD's grabs

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm still not sure how bannable planking is and I think all of DDD's grab gimmicks/infinites should be allowed. Worst case scenario: DDD wins tournaments.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
ZSS and Yoshi have grab releases.

ZSS has grab release downsmash regrab (escapable with bike only, but that's a one-shot deal if he gets grabbed again while the bike's still onstage)

Ike and I think Dedede have grab release pivot grab.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
ZSS and Yoshi have grab releases.

ZSS has grab release downsmash regrab (escapable with bike only, but that's a one-shot deal if he gets grabbed again while the bike's still onstage)

Ike and I think Dedede have grab release pivot grab.
I'm pretty sure a few characters have grab release infinites on Wario. Like Yoshi, for example
Good to know

B1U3

Smash Rookie
No, if someone forfeits then it's meaningless.

I keep getting lucky, ne? :bee:

Oh, cool. Sounds fun. Thanks. Good luck, broski.

Wow, really? What's up? :bee:

No lie, I registered for this board. Saw your name on the smash ranking and I was like "Wow are your serious!?"

I figured i'd join this in my nth attempt to take smash seriously.

B1U3

Smash Rookie
Did you think I was lying at school? I'm legit. >_>;
Naw, it was'nt even that. I knew you were good. I think you a much better doubles player IMO, but is just from observation. I don't understand why so many kids at mercer suck though.. I mean I use Sheik and are better than like a good majority of them....and I dont even own Brawl... I just incorporate Melle Sheik in Brawl and get by...BARELY.. while I see people with fundamentally much better charecters and they suck... I just dont understand..

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Naw, it was'nt even that. I knew you were good. I think you a much better doubles player IMO, but is just from observation. I don't understand why so many kids at mercer suck though.. I mean I use Sheik and are better than like a good majority of them....and I dont even own Brawl... I just incorporate Melle Sheik in Brawl and get by...BARELY.. while I see people with fundamentally much better charecters and they suck... I just dont understand..
Yeah, I'm better in doubles. The rankings show this.

Mercer kids blow. Me >>> Dave > Juice (I find Juice harder than Dave but w/e) > Rigel/Daryl/Thom >>> everyone else.

You gotta level up too, son. >_>;

B1U3

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm better in doubles. The rankings show this.

Mercer kids blow. Me >>> Dave > Juice (I find Juice harder than Dave but w/e) > Rigel/Daryl/Thom >>> everyone else.

You gotta level up too, son. >_>;
I used to do doubles with Juice for melle. Him and I are both Sheik players.

Dave has been/is getting...really..inconsistant.. I saw Juice wreck him with Olimar....atleast three times in a row... Vs Toon Link... He switched to MK....was just as bad.... I need to level up im like on the high end of "everyone else" eh, its all good. I need to first stop being like Mani and use a REAL dude in Brawl.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Juice is going to be better than Dave pretty soon. His character is gayer and harder to fight and Juice is just a smarter person in general and learns faster. Any skill Dave has is from sheer attrition of time since he sadly lacks talent or natural intelligence.

Sheik is a real character, but she's very difficult to use at high level.

B1U3

Smash Rookie
Juice is going to be better than Dave pretty soon. His character is gayer and harder to fight and Juice is just a smarter person in general and learns faster. Any skill Dave has is from sheer attrition of time since he sadly lacks talent or natural intelligence.

Sheik is a real character, but she's very difficult to use at high level.
Her FTilt is amazing.

I was watching some videos from Armada I think hes from Germany? His sheik is insane.

I personally like the way Sheik plays in Brawl+.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Her FTilt is amazing.

I was watching some videos from Armada I think hes from Germany? His sheik is insane.

I personally like the way Sheik plays in Brawl+.
I think he's from Sweden and he's a decent Brawl player. The best Sheik in America...is most likely NEO. The best Sheik period is probably Earth from Japan.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This Juice guy interests me.

I bet there are alot of underground players that are pretty good at everyone's schools but they haven't attended any tournies yet.

Got 2 people like that at my school.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This Juice guy interests me.

I bet there are alot of underground players that are pretty good at everyone's schools but they haven't attended any tournies yet.

Got 2 people like that at my school.
Juice went to two tournaments. One a year ago at my place, and then Palpi's Restricted Area event.

Izumi and Juice took out Doom and Zucco in teams and Juice only lost to Zucco and Kai in singles.

He's an Olimar player that plays with me and Izumi almost daily at school.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
inui is blue that guy ur training to become the next big threat? i think ive herad about him. im being 100% serious.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
whos juice and rigal and who dew they main.

oh and inui for some reason i feel like u hate me and think i suck whether its true or not im planning on making ppl realize that im decent in brawl. this sat

Inui

Banned via Warnings
whos juice and rigal and who dew they main.
Please stop typing like a moron or I will stop addressing your posts.

I just explained who Juice was a few posts ago.

Rigel is a top player in SC4 and he's really good at fighting games in general. He mains Snake and Meta Knight.

oh and inui for some reason i feel like u hate me and think i suck whether its true or not im planning on making ppl realize that im decent in brawl. this sat
I don't hate you. I just hate having to decipher your posts because you type like an 8 year old on the internet for the first time ever. Everyone already knows you're decent in Brawl. We ranked you because of it.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
Please stop typing like a moron or I will stop addressing your posts.

I just explained who Juice was a few posts ago.

Rigel is a top player in SC4 and he's really good at fighting games in general. He mains Snake and Meta Knight.

I don't hate you. I just hate having to decipher your posts because you type like an 8 year old on the internet for the first time ever. Everyone already knows you're decent in Brawl. We ranked you because of it.
i'll stop typing like that then i guess

is rigel/ juice going to Vc and thanks

Top Bottom