• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I believe I have stated over and over that your losses are not what is discussed. It is your accomplishments.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I believe I have stated over and over that your losses are not what is discussed. It is your accomplishments.
Fine....if you want me to phrase it different -_-. If a Sonic main beat me in Sonic dittos in low tiers, would that count as an "accomplishment"?

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Yes, although I was not a panelist for the last rankings, from my understanding, it would. Why would it not? If m2k had the best sonic in the world and you beat him in sonic dittos after he wrecked your diddy, would it not count as an accomplishment for you? Regardless of whether he could have gone mk, he had established that beating his sonic is an accomplishment. You have established by your tournament victories with sonic, that beating your sonic is an accomplishment, regardless of your opponent.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Yes, although I was not a panelist for the last rankings, from my understanding, it would. Why would it not? If m2k had the best sonic in the world and you beat him in sonic dittos after he wrecked your diddy, would it not count as an accomplishment for you? Regardless of whether he could have gone mk, he had established that beating his sonic is an accomplishment. You have established by your tournament victories with sonic, that beating your sonic is an accomplishment, regardless of your opponent.
I would count it due to having the options availible. You said if he wrecked my diddy, having the option to go either character was one of my points from the start.

Established wins with sonic in general regardless of opponent?? That isn't true, I have never beaten a good olimar, lucario, or wario in tournament with Sonic, ever. I have done so with Diddy. Characters are more important than skill in this game imo. Not be a huge margin, but enough.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pretty much I think the bottom line comes down to, was everyone fully aware before the tournament that their potential performance in low tiers could determine their ranking?

---

Inui beat Kai and Vex in low tiers.

Kai beat Inui and Vex in regular.

That sounds a lot better for Kai imo.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Pretty much I think the bottom line comes down to, was everyone fully aware before the tournament that their potential performance in low tiers could determine their ranking?

---

Of course I wasn't aware. It has been said time and time again that Low tiers doesn't count. I even quit out of my last match with inui due to my SD and not caring after it.

This would aslo mean that my win(inui forfeited) at gametable would have counted. Just a bunch of nonsense

fkacyan

Smash Hero

---

I'm not sure why people would think it wouldn't. The rankings list represents your overall tourney threat level iirc, and performance in any aspect of the game would be a part of that, wouldn't it?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I'm not sure why people would think it wouldn't. The rankings list represents your overall tourney threat level iirc, and performance in any aspect of the game would be a part of that, wouldn't it?
It's been stated over and over that low tiers and doubles don't count.

According to this logic, if it did, I would have beaten ninjalink at gametable....are you serious??

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's been stated over and over that low tiers and doubles don't count.

According to this logic, if it did, I would have beaten ninjalink at gametable....are you serious??
Why don't they count? Arguing that they haven't in the past is a fallacy and can't be used as a reason to continue doing so. I would think, logically, that they represent your overall tourney threat, which, is, as I said, what I recall to be what this rankings list represents.

EDIT: Chibo, go somewhere else and whine about MK's moveset or something.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
since ninja link claims to "main random" kai's win over him should count and give him a tremendous boost on the rankings.
if inui's win vs kai counts, logically, kai's win over NL should count. NL is even known to have probably the best lucas and claims that he mains random.
therefore, chris, a lose to inui in low tiers won't even matter that much. a win over NL is a very good accomplishment.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

Despite this tune getting very old, the prosecution is ready to rock!

For some reason you think I don't "get" something. I understand your points as I've said 3 times. I just don't agree with you. So did I get a win off you when you forfeited to me at Game table?? I did meet up with you in the bracket, I advanced, you didn't.

You would never go all Ike in an event? When is the last time I went all Sonic?? November??

So counterpicking doesn't count in this game anymore? Just respond to this if anything in particular. Is counterpicking an important part of this game to you, yes or no?

Here is what you're still not understanding. Tell me, if a $5 money match occured between your Sonic and my Ike, and most money matches are usually character-locked ones, would that count towards the rankings? Yes, it would. The panel decided ages ago that all matches involving mains for $5 or more will count towards the rankings, and our set was for far more than $5 because it was losers finals.

IF this counts against me, it's not an issue to me. To be clear though for future reference, if I get stuck in a matchup that I would never do in regular singles such as Sonic dittos, in low tiers, and lose, THIS is counted against me??

Ja, Herr Kai. Deal with it.

---

Ha ha ha, Herr Chibo...

You still love sticking your nose in NJ's business when you know nothing?

First of all, Kai's "wins" were from last season, and thus not even valid for this discussion. Second of all, it's been stated many times that I literally did not want to win that set. My reaction after losing makes that clear.

Of course I wasn't aware. It has been said time and time again that Low tiers doesn't count. I even quit out of my last match with inui due to my SD and not caring after it.

Achtung! And who declared this, Herr Kai? Certainly not me. If I didn't say it, it's not so. Simple as that, ja? You may have quit out, but you got outplayed. You straight up lost on Brinstar after beating me soundly on FD, and then you got tricked and outplayed on PS1. Quitting out of game four after an SD doesn't negate the other two games I straight up beat you.

This would aslo mean that my win(inui forfeited) at gametable would have counted. Just a bunch of nonsense

And here I thought you and common sense might be back on speaking terms, but it appears that you're speaking two different languages. A set we didn't play can't possibly count for anything. I forfeit to Atomsk and we didn't play at all, so he has no win and I have no loss. Simple as that.

Correct, Herr Cyanide. We should jam sometime. It's a shame all these little Frauleins can't see things the right way like you.

Oh gullible Kai, this is NJ - home of the Inui.

Regardless of your stupid remark, I am indeed the king, and unlike you, I can maintain my leadership!

since ninja link claims to "main random" kai's win over him should count and give him a tremendous boost on the rankings.
if inui's win vs kai counts, logically, kai's win over NL should count. NL is even known to have probably the best lucas and claims that he mains random.
therefore, chris, a lose to inui in low tiers won't even matter that much. a win over NL is a very good accomplishment.

This is barelt worth addressing. It's a terrible point made to fluff up a terrible argument.

Unfortunately for Herr Kai and your pathetic argument, that tournament was from last season, so it's not valid in this discussion. Furthermore, nobody cares what Herr NinjaLink claims. Evidence overrides his testimony, ja? His big wins come from his R.O.B. and Diddy Kong. Plain and simple. While beating NinjaLink in low tiers is cool, it's not worth that much for rankings purposes.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Unfortunately for Herr Kai and your pathetic argument, that tournament was from last season, so it's not valid in this discussion. Furthermore, nobody cares what Herr NinjaLink claims. Evidence overrides his testimony, ja? His big wins come from his R.O.B. and Diddy Kong. Plain and simple. While beating NinjaLink in low tiers is cool, it's not worth that much for rankings purposes.
my mistake. i was assuming CLAIMS actually meant something because of all the times you CLAIMED you weren't trying in singles.
how foolish of me.

SetoKaiba97321 (6:09:08 PM): btw, how foolish of you to post logic in that forum. dont you realize there are magic factors involved that defy logic that screw me over and award inui? How stupid of you
NScotti1994 (6:09:53 PM): hahaha
NScotti1994 (6:10:01 PM): indeed. i was being silly.
SetoKaiba97321 (6:10:04 PM): HAHAHA

Inui

Banned via Warnings
my mistake. i was assuming CLAIMS actually meant something because of all the times you CLAIMED you weren't trying in singles.
how foolish of me.

SetoKaiba97321 (6:09:08 PM): btw, how foolish of you to post logic in that forum. dont you realize there are magic factors involved that defy logic that screw me over and award inui? How stupid of you
NScotti1994 (6:09:53 PM): hahaha
SetoKaiba97321 (6:10:04 PM): HAHAHA

Little Fraulein, you should stop posting such silly things.

Here is evidence backing up my claims: I used to be a dominant singles player, but then I started placing lower in singles due to not caring, but my doubles dominance actually increased, which shows an increase in my skill and ability. My doubles dominance increasing while my singles dominance drops shows two things. My skill increased. I didn't care about singles.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Silly of you indeed young one :laugh:

bajisci

Smash Ace
man that post had more gifs then the ones me and emus posts had during our epic oreo discussion. psh.

if kai forfeited to u after a few games then it should count less on top of it being low tiers and since according to u "A set we didn't play can't possibly count for anything. I forfeit to Atomsk and we didn't play at all, so he has no win and I have no loss. Simple as that." I dont see why that doesnt apply to specific matches :D
well it shouldnt count for anything to begin with but idc.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Welp, I may regret entering this discussion..considering this is NJ rankings and I'm involved with PA, but I just want to express my thoughts on the matter.

Here is what you're still not understanding. Tell me, if a $5 money match occured between your Sonic and my Ike, and most money matches are usually character-locked ones, would that count towards the rankings? Yes, it would. The panel decided ages ago that all matches involving mains for $5 or more will count towards the rankings, and our set was for far more than $5 because it was losers finals.
You raise a very good point, however, it was not a MM, it was a low tier tournament event. Players already have the initial mindset of "Low tiers does not affect my ranking" so if a low tier main loses to someone in low tier, then why should that be held against him? They enter strictly for fun and a chance at money.

It's low tiers, not a MM. You can theorize all you want "Oh, this would mean this if it was a MM" but it wasn't. Was money on the line? Yes. Was it a match during a low tier event that has no affect on rankings? Yes.

First of all, Kai's "wins" were from last season, and thus not even valid for this discussion. Second of all, it's been stated many times that I literally did not want to win that set. My reaction after losing makes that clear.
I understand that these results are from last season and aren't valid...but the bolded part is a giant john. You can word it as fancy as you want, it WAS a loss, and that IS a john.

So, with this logic, couldn't Kai just say "I didn't care about that low tier turnout because low tiers doesn't affect my power ranking. I just played for fun. The only reason why I forfeited was because of my anger from playing on a gay stage like Brinstar and I stopped having fun."

If Low Tiers has never affected Singles rankings, then why should it just now all of a sudden affect Kai since he's known for his Sonic...but doesn't even go all Sonic in a legitimate tourney?

:093:

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Welp, I may regret entering this discussion..considering this is NJ rankings and I'm involved with PA, but I just want to express my thoughts on the matter.

You raise a very good point, however, it was not a MM, it was a low tier tournament event. Players already have the initial mindset of "Low tiers does not affect my ranking" so if a low tier main loses to someone in low tier, then why should that be held against him? They enter strictly for fun and a chance at money.

It's low tiers, not a MM. You can theorize all you want "Oh, this would mean this if it was a MM" but it wasn't. Was money on the line? Yes. Was it a match during a low tier event that has no affect on rankings? Yes.

I understand that these results are from last season and aren't valid...but the bolded part is a giant john. You can word it as fancy as you want, it WAS a loss, and that IS a john.

So, with this logic, couldn't Kai just say "I didn't care about that low tier turnout because low tiers doesn't affect my power ranking. I just played for fun. The only reason why I forfeited was because of my anger from playing on a gay stage like Brinstar and I stopped having fun."

If Low Tiers has never affected Singles rankings, then why should it just now all of a sudden affect Kai since he's known for his Sonic...but doesn't even go all Sonic in a legitimate tourney?

Too much win...unfortunately, some people just don't get it sir....accomplishments are a thing of the past. Fancy word play is in, it seems

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Although Kai and I aren't on the best of terms (which I somewhat regret), he has a stronger point than you, Lucas. The fact that you're nullifying your loss by saying you weren't trying means anyone can do it, unless you're saying you're special, which would make this state even more of a joke than it already is.

Just my two cents; Spare me the gifs and argue like a grown man that you are if you want to discuss this with me please.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Guys, don't worry. Inui is trolling alot. Go look at his recent posts. He has no friends.
I personally have nothing against Inui. We talked a lot and played each other at No Maps, so I think he's a pretty chill guy...

However, he has only the following options to choose from.

1. Make everyone who enters Low Tier know that it will affect their rankings. This includes non, and Low Tier mains alike. No exceptions.
2. Continue to exclude Low Tier results/matches from the rankings in any way, shape, or form.
3. MM Kai's Sonic with Ike for $5 or more xD

You can't just "weave" around the rules and make certain matches count...it's just wrong.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Guys, don't worry. Inui is trolling alot. Go look at his recent posts. He has no friends.
What place do you have in the New Jersey rankings thread?

I won't say that Inui isn't trolling at all, but, um...

Pot, meet kettle?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
man that post had more gifs then the ones me and emus posts had during our epic oreo discussion. psh.

if kai forfeited to u after a few games then it should count less on top of it being low tiers and since according to u "A set we didn't play can't possibly count for anything. I forfeit to Atomsk and we didn't play at all, so he has no win and I have no loss. Simple as that." I dont see why that doesnt apply to specific matches :D
well it shouldnt count for anything to begin with but idc.

Sorry, but Kai beat me one game and then lost two in a row. Him giving up after that doesn't erase the fact that I beat him two games for real. With me and Atomsk, I didn't even play for one second or even plug in my controller.

I am growing increasingly tired of repeating myself. We played a serious set for a big amount of money involving mains for both of us and I won. End of story. The rankings are based on such things. We decided that ages ago.

It doesn't have to directly be an MM to matter. It was a serious tournament set involving our mains.

What's funny is that you people have the sheer stupidity to claim that Kai would switch to his can't-beat-me-Diddy Kong in a real tournament and Kai was somehow the handicapped one in our set. Sorry, but I main Snake and Meta Knight, the two best characters in the game. I lost access to my S tier mains that beat both of his mains, and instead had to do an even match-up against his 1st best with my 3rd best. But I won. It means more than a normal victory to me because of this.

Nobody has declared that attaching the word "low tiers" to a tournament means it doesn't count. If mains and cash are both involved, it obviously counts.

Keep your baseless slander to yourself, fool. I have at least ten people that I consider "best" friends. I have many, many friends. Again, you are making an assumption about my life based on you not liking me on the internet. Idiot.

You are in my domain right now. I am the king. Regardless of any infighting, my people will side with me if you make personal attacks against me, and I would gladly do the same for them.

Although Kai and I aren't on the best of terms (which I somewhat regret), he has a stronger point than you, Lucas. The fact that you're nullifying your loss by saying you weren't trying means anyone can do it, unless you're saying you're special, which would make this state even more of a joke than it already is.

Just my two cents; Spare me the gifs and argue like a grown man that you are if you want to discuss this with me please.

I can support my logic. That's the difference. I am special in that sense. I can present solid evidence that I truly didn't care.

However, none of that matters. That was that season, this is this season. The two sets are not related.

GOTM

Smash Champion
sadaharuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Sorry to ruin your fantasy, but losing because you "didn't care" doesn't mean ****. If you don't care, don't enter.

I didn't know that was from another season though. In that case then why is that even being brought up lmfao.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

Sorry, but Kai beat me one game and then lost two in a row. Him giving up after that doesn't erase the fact that I beat him two games for real. With me and Atomsk, I didn't even play for one second or even plug in my controller.

I am growing increasingly tired of repeating myself. We played a serious set for a big amount of money involving mains for both of us and I won. End of story. The rankings are based on such things. We decided that ages ago.

It doesn't have to directly be an MM to matter. It was a serious tournament set involving our mains.

What's funny is that you people have the sheer stupidity to claim that Kai would switch to his can't-beat-me-Diddy Kong in a real tournament and Kai was somehow the handicapped one in our set. Sorry, but I main Snake and Meta Knight, the two best characters in the game. I lost access to my S tier mains that beat both of his mains, and instead had to do an even match-up against his 1st best with my 3rd best. But I won. It means more than a normal victory to me because of this.

Nobody has declared that attaching the word "low tiers" to a tournament means it doesn't count. If mains and cash are both involved, it obviously counts.

Keep your baseless slander to yourself, fool. I have at least ten people that I consider "best" friends. I have many, many friends. Again, you are making an assumption about my life based on you not liking me on the internet. Idiot.

You are in my domain right now. I am the king. Regardless of any infighting, my people will side with me if you make personal attacks against me, and I would gladly do the same for them.

I can support my logic. That's the difference. I am special in that sense. I can present solid evidence that I truly didn't care.

However, none of that matters. That was that season, this is this season. The two sets are not related.

Diddy vs Ike $5 mm all FD?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sorry to ruin your fantasy, but losing because you "didn't care" doesn't mean ****. If you don't care, don't enter.

I didn't know that was from another season though. In that case then why is that even being brought up lmfao.
I'm aware of this, which is why I dropped on the rankings and didn't complain about it.

It's being brought up because people have to bring up tons of weak points and random fluff to beat me in debates because I crush my opposition with perfect logic and undisputable facts.

Diddy vs Ike $5 mm all FD?
No. I'm not giving you like a 80/20 advantage. I'll just use MK or Snake.

I do want to learn Ike vs Diddy, though. Just not for cash yet.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
LOL at this argument lasting literally about 10 pages... Cam makes ALOT of sense and the post I was gonna make was near identical... Inui even tho you did beat his main..... it was low tiers and i never thought it counted before even if people used their mains. Did it count in any other season? and if not, why should apply now that it would benefit you? I think panelists really need to lay down some really really concrete ground rules as to what will count towards rankings because i swear every season there is some brand new factor that applies. If anything, since everyone was unaware you guys shouldn't count something like this until next season and specify in the rules to be on the rankings that if someones main is to be beaten in low tiers that it counts towards the PRs

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I'm aware of this, which is why I dropped on the rankings and didn't complain about it.

It's being brought up because people have to bring up tons of weak points and random fluff to beat me in debates because I crush my opposition with perfect logic and undisputable facts.

No. I'm not giving you like a 80/20 advantage. I'll just use MK or Snake.

I do want to learn Ike vs Diddy, though. Just not for cash yet.
So you won't mm my diddy which can't win at all with Ike??

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL at this argument lasting literally about 10 pages... Cam makes ALOT of sense and the post I was gonna make was near identical... Inui even tho you did beat his main..... it was low tiers and i never thought it counted before even if people used their mains. Did it count in any other season? and if not, why should apply now that it would benefit you? I think panelists really need to lay down some really really concrete ground rules as to what will count towards rankings because i swear every season there is some brand new factor that applies. If anything, since everyone was unaware you guys shouldn't count something like this until next season and specify in the rules to be on the rankings that if someones main is to be beaten in low tiers that it counts towards the PRs
Nobody has ever declared that it doesn't count.

The word "low tiers" is confusing people. You hear it, and then you INSTANTLY DISCARD THE HAPPENINGS OF THE EVENT WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT AT ALL, because you are quick to make stupid decisions. That goes for all of you.

Sorry, but the panelists decided that all serious sets involving $5 (the entry fee for low tiers, btw) or more that involves mains will count towards the rankings. This is a fact. There is no way to argue against me as long as this fact remains. I win. Get over it, everyone.

So you won't mm my diddy which can't win at all with Ike??
I know where you're going with this, and it doesn't strengthen your argument at all. The fact that you're 1st best character lost to my 3rd best character in an even match-up remains. The fact that you need to counterpick an Ike...is pathetic.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I approve deeply.

Inui, you haven't won. You've only danced around the rules.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

The word "low tiers" is confusing people. You hear it, and then you INSTANTLY DISCARD THE HAPPENINGS OF THE EVENT WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT AT ALL, because you are quick to make stupid decisions. That goes for all of you.

Sorry, but the panelists decided that all serious sets involving $5 (the entry fee for low tiers, btw) or more that involves mains will count towards the rankings. This is a fact. There is no way to argue against me as long as this fact remains. I win. Get over it, everyone.

I know where you're going with this, and it doesn't strengthen your argument at all. The fact that you're 1st best character lost to my 3rd best character in an even match-up remains. The fact that you need to counterpick an Ike...is pathetic.
No one is even arguing anymore... chill... but what I am saying is that we should end the overall confusion and make things clear so that arguements like this wont happen anymore. I'm just trying to think of a way to prevent further confusion without the 10 pages of nonsense and useless bickering

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

This reminds me of when you tried to count doubles towards the PR and keitaro pointed out your bs. It has been stated that it doesn't count. You can't have it count in your favor only.

IF low tiers DOES count, then it counts for everyone. You don't have a good low tier? Then keep your *** out of the event. That simple. Cy said earlier it has to do with overall tourny threat for low tiers to count. If thats true(which you agreed) then why are only select people affected. You pay the money, it counts. This is assuming it counts for anyone, if thats true, it counts for all.

It's a basic understanding tht low tiers doesn't matter. see sneaks post*

But my diddy cant win, you said it yourself, the 80-20 must have no affect.

If the panelists want to put a rule in affect to prevet this again, I'm all for it but everyone or nobody. Singling people out is bull**** when we all pay money to enter

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, you haven't won. You've only danced around the rules.

Sorry, but I'm abiding by them perfectly.

All serious sets involving mains that are worth $5 or more count towards the rankings. That is all that matters. That is a rule every single panelist agreed on. It will be enforced.

No one is even arguing anymore... chill... but what I am saying is that we should end the overall confusion and make things clear so that arguements like this wont happen anymore. I'm just trying to think of a way to prevent further confusion without the 10 pages of nonsense and useless bickering
How is it not clear? I have made it clear.

Lucas: Ike vs Falcon at VC $3?
Sure thing.

This reminds me of when you tried to count doubles towards the PR and keitaro pointed out your bs. It has been stated that it doesn't count. You can't have it count in your favor only.
Irrelevant. What I am arguing for has already been agreed upon by every panelist since last season.

All serious sets involving mains that are worth $5 or more count towards the rankings.

IF low tiers DOES count, then it counts for everyone. You don't have a good low tier? Then keep your *** out of the event. That simple. Cy said earlier it has to do with overall tourny threat for low tiers to count. If thats true(which you agreed) then why are only select people affected. You pay the money, it counts. This is assuming it counts for anyone, if thats true, it counts for all.
No.

Don't make silly assumptions. I never said it wouldn't matter. They are serious sets involving cash.

Your chances of winning in Ike vs Sonic are far greater than your chances of winning against my S tiers with Diddy Kong or Sonic.

That has been my point all along.

You trying to make me use Ike against Diddy Kong doesn't disprove that or strengthen your argument. You are a terrible debater.

If the panelists want to put a rule in affect to prevet this again, I'm all for it but everyone or nobody. Singling people out is bull**** when we all pay money to enter
The panelists already did make a rule.

All serious sets involving mains that are worth $5 or more count towards the rankings.

Eazy already wrecked your crybaby "waaah i main a low tier so it only hurts me" argument. You have such a gigantic advantage in low tier tournaments it's not even funny. You use the best character allowed that everywhere else bans and you actually main him.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

hmmm I didn't think about it that way before but Kai just made a really good point. Everyone that has entered the low tier tourney paid the $5 entry fee which means it counts according to the previous post inui just made. So that would mean that every single match in a low tier tourney has to count right?

Top Bottom