• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
For Glory is the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I honestly wish it didn't exist.
You haven't experienced true hell until you get paired up with someone using an internet connection from Neptune.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For Glory is the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I honestly wish it didn't exist.
It's either that or For No Fun Allowed aka it's nothing but time matches, **** stocks.

I wish the 3DS will get tournament mode so I can ignore it. I just want mess around in Dreamland, Yoshi's Island, Arena Gerox and Corneria without just doing their FD modes with only just 2 stocks.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Not sure if that's an Ike joke or not, lol.
EDIT: I misread your post lol, but yeah I think it's supposed to be an Ike joke.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Raise your GSP.

Then it becomes better.

Soul.

FG is secretly a blessing to those that want to have an idea of what the competitive scene is like, but I wish it could like... have proper matchmaking options, legal stages (those that don't have hazards) and other stuff.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So how about that indie sale?!

I might get Shantae and see what the fuss is about, but what should I get else from the list?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
A lot of us were skeptical, not all of us were so sure in our wrongness lol.
I'm suddenly reminded of that one Reddit post where a guy said that he'd send nudes of himself to his father-in-law if the leak was real.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

I might get Shantae and see what the fuss is about, but what should I get else from the list?
Mighty Switch Force. It's a platformer-puzzle game by Wayforward. It's relatively short but has some good replay value.

D

Deleted member

In the Smash 64 polls, Sakurai was asked about including Daisy.
Sakurai responded, 'That princess from Sarasaland? Has she been in any other Mario games?' (not exact quote. Please for the love of god don't quote me on this).

Personally, I think it would be interesting to have a character embody the spin-off Mario games. But it could be a Party Star. Daisy or Waluigi don't necessarily represent the side games, and they definitely aren't the main stars of those games (pun fully intended).
Sakurai forgot that Daisy appears in NES Open Tournament Gold back in 1991, unless of course Sakurai meant appears in the mainstream games.

It's basically impossible to fairly represent the Mario spin-offs with a character. The best you could really do is represent RPGs with Paper Mario, sports/party games with Waluigi (after this game that is), and everything else leave up to stages/musics/items/etc. Thing is, we don't need representations for the sake of it.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sakurai forgot that Daisy appears in NES Open Tournament Gold back in 1991, unless of course Sakurai meant appears in the mainstream games.

It's basically impossible to fairly represent the Mario spin-offs with a character. The best you could really do is represent RPGs with Paper Mario, sports/party games with Waluigi (after this game that is), and everything else leave up to stages/musics/items/etc. Thing is, we don't need representations for the sake of it.
I think he meant mainstream games.

I totally agree--stages/ music / items are by far the best way to represent these spinoffs. My post was merely aimed at those people who believe Daisy should get in to represent the side games themselves.

Like you mention, the very idea of representing these side games is a very important question.

I have little faith in Waluigis chances.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so to celebrate my 1000th post, here's a picture of all the current amiibos i own, in the order that i obtained them:

front row: Kirbster, Yoshster, Marister, Pikaster, Linkster, Didster, Luister, Peachsta, Samsta, Donkster.

second row: Foxster, Zelsta, Bowster, Falconster, Shulkster, Toonster, Sheiksta, Ikester, Megaster, Sonister.

third row: Dededester, Pitster, Pacster, Nesster, Warister, Metaster, Charizster, Wii Fitsta, Marthster, Greninster.

fourth row: Jigglysta, Macster, Villaster, Lucarster, Lucinsta, Robinster, Rosalinsta, Pittooster, Zerosta, Palutensta, Ganonster.

i'm finally a smash lord! looking forward to the next title! and the rest of the amiibos on the way!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think he meant mainstream games.

I totally agree--stages/ music / items are by far the best way to represent these spinoffs. My post was merely aimed at those people who believe Daisy should get in to represent the side games themselves.

Like you mention, the very idea of representing these side games is a very important question.

I have little faith in Waluigis chances.
For me, because every Mario character in Smash already appears in all the spin-offs they all count as "spin-off" reps, making one added for that exact reason really unnecessary.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Daisy should get in because she's Daisy. The moveset comes next, and that's just the other half of the equation. One thing to remember is that Sakurai does actually give characters a role, and that can simply be their purpose for being in. So a "Sports user" would be a legitimate role for Daisy. Not to represent the spin-offs, but to have a real sports user in general. I'd prefer Waluigi first, but I see her appeal. I just worry about her voice being annoying. :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
No. Captain Falcon's voice is not annoying.
See this video?
This two-hour video of moving, emotional and epic music?
Captain Falcon can summarize it with his powerful voice in four words. :4falcon:
Actually it is kinda annoying. :p
Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about Sakurai coming up with a moveset not based on the actual moves/ game of the character. Yeah Falcons voice is godlike.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
so to celebrate my 1000th post, here's a picture of all the current amiibos i own, in the order that i obtained them:

front row: Kirbster, Yoshster, Marister, Pikaster, Linkster, Didster, Luister, Peachsta, Samsta, Donkster.

second row: Foxster, Zelsta, Bowster, Falconster, Shulkster, Toonster, Sheiksta, Ikester, Megaster, Sonister.

third row: Dededester, Pitster, Pacster, Nesster, Warister, Metaster, Charizster, Wii Fitsta, Marthster, Greninster.

fourth row: Jigglysta, Macster, Villaster, Lucarster, Lucinsta, Robinster, Rosalinsta, Pittooster, Zerosta, Palutensta, Ganonster.

i'm finally a smash lord! looking forward to the next title! and the rest of the amiibos on the way!
Where did you get that belt and that awesome artwork to the right?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about Sakurai coming up with a moveset not based on the actual moves/ game of the character. Yeah Falcons voice is godlike.
Oh...really? That is a strange misunderstanding. It could go either way though.
I honestly do not always enjoy Falcon's voice because it reminds me of For Glory scrubs.

Every time I see a photograph of a Lucina amiibo I die inside.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I would definitely put Shantae on top priority. I just beat it today, great game. If you love Metroidvanias, you'll love Shantae. Heads up though, make sure you get all the Dark Magic for the best ending.

In terms of other games, Mighty Switch Force is a very good puzzle platformer, and it's made by the same developers.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So I've been playing Minish Cap recently and one of the things I'm curious about is the intro which tells the tale of the Hero of Men an earlier incarnation of Link before Minsh Cap.

And I'm probably only one who wants the Link and the story in Zelda Wii U to be about that incarnation.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Good to hear. I look forward to seeing what your Japan Expo poll has once it is brought up for us to see.So as I'm suspecting, not much.
Geno Boost's behavior is reminiscence of how I behaved on Internet forums back when I was fourteen/fifteen years old. In other words, pretty bad. Hopefully he'll look back five years from now and cringe at the stuff he's said like I do.
Swap that with Snake (and me feeling he has a 50/50 shot at being DLC) and you have my thoughts on third-party chances.
hey i am not really that bad but i am bad at english

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I've been playing Minish Cap recently and one of the things I'm curious about is the intro which tells the tale of the Hero of Men an earlier incarnation of Link before Minsh Cap.

And I'm probably only one who wants the Link and the story in Zelda Wii U to be about that incarnation.
Gustaf?

Well maybe Gustaf.

Either way, he's not a Link.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I agree. It could also detail the origins of another character from The Minish Cap.
Ghirahim is the main villain of the new Zelda and when he is defeated at the end, with his dying breath he says that an incarnation of his hatred will be reborn for eternity just like Demise.

(Not really though :p)

Khoru

Smash Champion

it could be a link, it's kind of unclear.
I agree. It could also detail the origins of another character from The Minish Cap.
Ghirahim is the main villain of the new Zelda and when he is defeated at the end, with his dying breath he says that an incarnation of his hatred will be reborn for eternity just like Demise.

(Not really though :p)
i've heard the idea that vaati himself was just a greedy minish, but the sealed power inside the chest was actually demise's influence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom