• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, I was poking around the old leaks group in the first social thread and found this.
Now this was a very old leak from a year ago that I believe came from this very sight. It caught my attention because most of this information seems to be something we've never heard from Sakurai. So is this information legit since we've had a year to really verify with translations and such?
Source

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, I was poking around the old leaks group in the first social thread and found this.

Now this was a very old leak from a year ago that I believe came from this very sight. It caught my attention because most of this information seems to be something we've never heard from Sakurai. So is this information legit since we've had a year to really verify with translations and such?
Source
I know his source.

Nice guy. He's on our writing staff.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
The Mario sports-based moveset people usually come up with for Daisy is made a bit redundant by Peach's Forward Smash attack, anyway.
A Daisy sport based moveset isn't really all that redundant since Peach only uses a Tennis racket and golf club and simply swings them, that's it. Still a lot of moves that people could give Daisy and completely avoid giving her anything from the Tennis or Golf Mario games.

I really would confidently say that she has no chance. Being from a franchise with so many more characters that are clearly a cut (at least) above her. It's not as if she's on equal footing to those characters where she's just in competition with them.
She's really just a space-filler in the mario sports games, she's unlikely to ever be used outside of those games in any capacity, pretty much no different to Birdo. You couldn't even put her on the level of Shy Guy as he appears in Yoshi games.
Sorry, but when the list characters who are left over from the Mario series that people want to be playable, as in the games with Mario's name in the title not the Warioland/Warioware, DK and Yoshi's Island series, are Paper Mario, Waluigi and Captain Toad/ Toad with Daisy often listed with them, it doesn't take take a genius to understand that Daisy has a higher chance then Birdo and a Shy Guy.

I honestly think you maybe putting your dislike for Daisy (if you have one) in your analysis of her getting into Smash. Especially when you said a Shy Guy is more likely then her, as I stated above Daisy is often listed with characters like Waluigi, Paper Mario and Captain Toad/Toad as to who people think will be the next playable character for the Mario series.

On another note guys I have a question:
Do we know if Nintendo is doing a stream for comic-con like they did last year?

D

Deleted member

I know his source.

Nice guy. He's on our writing staff.
"-This, ironically, is where in Melee's development that characters like Falco and Pikachu became truly exceptionally built. Also, EXTRA clones got into Melee because after the initial 21 characters were finished, Falco, Ganondorf, Pichu, and Dr. Mario were added. That situation could be repeated."

So.....was Johnny bsing here, or am I supposed to believe Young Link and Roy were pre-planned?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"-This, ironically, is where in Melee's development that characters like Falco and Pikachu became truly exceptionally built. Also, EXTRA clones got into Melee because after the initial 21 characters were finished, Falco, Ganondorf, Pichu, and Dr. Mario were added. That situation could be repeated."

So.....was Johnny bsing here, or am I supposed to believe Young Link and Roy were pre-planned?
@Johnknight1 Let's ask.

Also

@thethirdkoopa

Regardless it also doesn't add up numerically.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So wait, was a SSE-like mode actually considered for Smash 4 at some point before the staff convinced him otherwise? I wonder when they cut that idea if true.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace

Source
I remember that but I heard that it's fake. If I were you, I wouldn't put any stock on this rumor.

So wait, was a SSE-like mode actually considered for Smash 4 at some point before the staff convinced him otherwise? I wonder when they cut that idea if true.
imagine if it was cut pretty late and smash run is just the scraps glued together really fast.

It would explain some of the missing features :laugh:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
imagine if it was cut pretty late and smash run is just the scraps glued together really fast.

It would explain some of the missing features :laugh:
I kinda more imagined it was something that was dropped before they began production on such a mode. A lot of the stuff that held Smash Run back was the 3DS's weak hardware power.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The rumor was from a long time ago. So, I don't know the credibility of it. Like I said, I found it in the old leaks thread and wondered if anyone knew anything about it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
A Daisy sport based moveset isn't really all that redundant since Peach only uses a Tennis racket and golf club and simply swings them, that's it. Still a lot of moves that people could give Daisy and completely avoid giving her anything from the Tennis or Golf Mario games.
Well, yeah, actually, when your main gimmick has already been done by another character from the same series for the past three games, it's pretty redundant.

You can swing those weapons differently, but at the end of the day, it's still a moveset using a golf club or tennis racket, and doesn't really bring anything new or interesting to the table.

I honestly think you maybe putting your dislike for Daisy (if you have one) in your analysis of her getting into Smash. Especially when you said a Shy Guy is more likely then her, as I stated above Daisy is often listed with characters like Waluigi, Paper Mario and Captain Toad/Toad as to who people think will be the next playable character for the Mario series.
While popularity is a big factor right now due to the ballot, this discussion is about Daisy getting into any Smash game, not necessarily Smash 4 DLC.

What you seem to be forgetting is that popularity is not the only factor. Especially outside of the ballot. Look at the base game: highly requested characters like Mewtwo, Ridley, and King K. Rool did not make the cut. Characters that hardly anyone asked for, like Duck Hunt Dog and Wii Fit Trainer did. The importance of popularity is greatly exaggerated. Uniqueness appears to be the biggest factor when deciding new characters, and there isn't much about Daisy that is truly unique.

Her actual level of popularity is hard to gauge, anyway......on some sites (GameFAQs in specific), Daisy is a meme character comparable to the likes of Reckless Wii Remote guy, Shrek, and Goku. There were dozens of trolls pretending to be hardcore Daisy supporters. Daisy obviously has an actual following, but we don't really know how many there genuinely are thanks to all the jokers in the mix.

You also need to look at the Mario roster. Bowser Jr and Rosalina tend to miss spinoff games, while Waluigi and Daisy are almost always present. And just the opposite is true with the main Mario series.....Daisy was only in one non-spinoff Mario game and Waluigi has never been in one. Rosalina and Bowser Jr are regulars.

Who made it into Smash? Rosalina and Bowser Jr. This suggests that Sakurai looks at the main series and picks characters based on their importance to it. While I don't think Birdo would get in before Daisy, I can certainly see why someone might feel that way......Birdo actually still appears outside the sports games unlike Daisy.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm not gonna call anyone out (And please don't call him out yourselves, most of us know who he is already) but I lol'd when I started reading the old leaks thread and someone was criticizing Ninka Kiwi's leak. "Duck hunt is literally never going to happen." and someone else "The mode swap doesn't make any sense."

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
*Kicks door down*

So, this is where the Leaks group folks have migrated.

Things do change when you're gone, it seems. One hell of a life experience here.

Also, I've been in contact with @PushDustIn and few other guys at Source Gaming and I will be posting few articles every now and then, so look forward to them. #SHAMELESSPLUG

P.S. I'm back.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not gonna call anyone out (And please don't call him out yourselves, most of us know who he is already) but I lol'd when I started reading the old leaks thread and someone was criticizing Ninka Kiwi's leak. "Duck hunt is literally never going to happen." and someone else "The mode swap doesn't make any sense."
I'm not ashamed to admit that I was skeptical of the part about the Koopaling costumes.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
*Kicks door down*

So, this is where the Leaks group folks have migrated.

Things do change when you're gone, it seems. One hell of a life experience here.

Also, I've been in contact with @PushDustIn and few other guys at Source Gaming and I will be posting few articles every now and then, so look forward to them. #SHAMELESSPLUG

P.S. I'm back.
Geez it took ya long enough!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey My Smash Corner just uploaded some combo tips on :4lucas:.

Not relevant to anything but IGN posted some cosplays from the Anime Expo 2015...
I feel like this needs to be shown:

Is Nintendo doing anything for Comic Con?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My sig got updated.

Also it was invaded by some of my favorite Pokemon.

Wish I could fit the thank you to N3ON in there though.

EDIT: OH NO THE SIG DOESN'T FIT

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That fits.

Now to try and fit the N3ON thank you in there.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Did it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom