• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And why Reckless Safety Man of all things? Why not AR Guy? Or the eShop bag?
Probably because it's a semi-amusing, ridiculous thing that we had to see every time we started up a Wii game. I don't think those other things have much of a level of humor behind them.

I think trying to break down the logic behind a joke/meme is a pretty fruitless endeavor. I don't imagine there are a whole lot of people sitting there crossing their fingers for Reckless Safety Man and counting down the days until the ballot ends in hopes that their request will get in the game. It's more likely just really amusing to them and they don't care about the ballot or DLC enough to have anything else they want to vote for.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind seeing an enemy from the Subspace Emissary playable. Some of them are very unique in that they could have a very cool moveset.
Tabuu would be kinda cool. Only problem is I don't know how they would make a playable version of him work...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
It doesn't have anything to do with her chances.

It has to do with what she can bring to the table. I don't understand what people see in her as a character. What can she do that would set her apart? What makes her unique? Representing the sports genre isn't enough for me, especially when Peach already kind of does that. Waluigi was heavily requested for practically the same reason, and look where he ended up.
Daisy does bring something new to the table as the Mario sports rep. Look saying Peach represents the sports games is really silly even in by saying in a kind of form, since she is clearly more representing Super Mario Bros 2/Super Mario U.S.A. Her just having one Smash attack where she uses a tennis racket, golf club and frying pan doesn't really mean anything, since that smash attack is shared between those 3 items. And most of Peach's moveset is pulled from her first 2 playable appearances, Super Mario Bros 2/Super Mario USA and Super Mario RPG. Having a single move that references only 2 of the Mario sports games doesn't make her the Mario sports rep

There is a lot to pull from all of the Mario sports games that you could easily use to inspire a moveset for Daisy

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If we're getting an SSE rep, it'd most likely be Primid.
Not only is it the main mook, but there's enough going for it to make a moveset out of.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I would be interested in seeing a completely original Smash Bros character from Sakurai. A character who only appears in Smash Bros. I'd be down for that. I mostly just care about how cool they look and how well their moves work.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Tabuu would be kinda cool. Only problem is I don't know how they would make a playable version of him work...
I was thinking something on the lines of a Primid as they would seem very easy to work with. If they tried to make Tabuu work, it would be kind of on the same lines as Ridley where he wouldn't be Tabuu any more. Now if they tried to keep him the same, then we would have a problem. It would be Tabuu dittos everywhere in tournaments which would probably crash the game :p. Just image 8 Tabuus on screen...*shakes coldly*.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
And why Reckless Safety Man of all things? Why not AR Guy? Or the eShop bag?
Because the AR Guy and the eShop bag actually are somehow characters.
Reckless Safety Man is just supposed to be a notification... Nothing more.

He's an "absurd" character on a whole new level.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I would be interested in seeing a completely original Smash Bros character from Sakurai. A character who only appears in Smash Bros. I'd be down for that. I mostly just care about how cool they look and how well their moves work.
Hi!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Unlocking the Smash tour exclusive CDs

was the literal worst

AreJay25

Daisy does bring something new to the table as the Mario sports rep. Look saying Peach represents the sports games is really silly even in by saying in a kind of form, since she is clearly more representing Super Mario Bros 2/Super Mario U.S.A. Her just having one Smash attack where she uses a tennis racket, golf club and frying pan doesn't really mean anything, since that smash attack is shared between those 3 items. And most of Peach's moveset is pulled from her first 2 playable appearances, Super Mario Bros 2/Super Mario USA and Super Mario RPG. Having a single move that references only 2 of the Mario sports games doesn't make her the Mario sports rep

There is a lot to pull from all of the Mario sports games that you could easily use to inspire a moveset for Daisy
You could argue that it's a silly point, but it still says a lot that they decided to give that Smash attack to someone who didn't really need it. It also says a lot that said character has had a certain palette swap since they were added into the series. And before you say Wario, he was planned to be in Melee.

As I said before, I'm pretty sure that Waluigi had much more support than Daisy, and he ended up being an AT. Daisy would practically do the same things as Waluigi. Sakurai doesn't seem to want a sports rep.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Waluigi's island stage pls sakurai

Also have it be the biggest stage with the most hazards, so it can be the ultimate troll haven.

AreJay25

But, isn't Ike from Super Smash Bros. an Original Smash Character? :(
Marth and Roy debuted in Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube in 2001. Ike would soon join Marth as a brand new character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii in 2008

D

Deleted member

Jokes on you guys, I used Golden Hammers for the Smash Tour challenges

AreJay25

I used a Challenge Hammer on Pac-Land.

If it were just for the music that would have been great. They could have kept the stage.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wait what do you mean there's an exclusive CD in Smash Tour?

OH GOD DAMN IT. THOUGHT I WAS DONE WITH THAT MODE FOREVER.

you know what imma cheat with 4 controllers

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Is it the Metroid one? Because that one is not even fun. I've played Smash Tour about 10 times now, I think, and I've only seen it once.
Oh, it is the Metroid one. Dangit.

AreJay25

Wait what do you mean there's an exclusive CD in Smash Tour?

OH GOD DAMN IT. THOUGHT I WAS DONE WITH THAT MODE FOREVER.

you know what imma cheat with 4 controllers
you can use all the controllers you want

the pain of smash tour will never go away

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Wait a moment...
WHICH SONGS ARE EXCLUSIVE TO SMASH TOUR?!? I thought I was done with the mode for good. It seems to always pull you back in when you want to get a way.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Metroid challenge in Smash tour

*severe war flashbacks*

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You could argue that it's a silly point, but it still says a lot that they decided to give that Smash attack to someone who didn't really need it. It also says a lot that said character has had a certain palette swap since they were added into the series. And before you say Wario, he was planned to be in Melee.

As I said before, I'm pretty sure that Waluigi had much more support than Daisy, and he ended up being an AT. Daisy would practically do the same things as Waluigi. Sakurai doesn't seem to want a sports rep.
And when Peach received that move there wasn't many sports games to be used, and Daisy was only back for one Tennis game, so at the time we had no idea if Daisy was going to keep appearing in the Mario sports games, and well she has stuck around in the Mario spin-offs,s o you could easily use her as the Mario sports rep now that there is actually a decent number of them around to use. That palette swap and Mario's Wario one were only ever references, just like how Luigi has a Waluigi palette swap.

We have no idea if Wario was planned to be in Melee, only that Sakurai decided against making him a Mario clone, from what we know since we didn't want him to be just be a Mario clone, since Wario deserved better.

You know its debatable out of who had more support when it comes to both Waluigi and Daisy right? Since they both have very loud haters, while their normal fanbase does actually crossover a bit.

My point had nothing to do with Sakurai wanting a sports rep, you said Daisy couldn't be unique, and I explained how she could be unique by using the sports games. Also ballot could easily inspire Sakurai to make a moveset for Daisy or change his mind on a character he though might not work.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm not sure to understand what you mean ... Mega man was always requested around the world since Brawl , were Rayman just gained a popularity boost from the Omni Leak . Surprisingly Rayman was not the most requested 3RD party newcomer during the Japan Expo in the poll i make the last week . The most requested 3RD party NewComer is ''Sora ( Kingdom Hearts)'' :troll: , but if not newcomer , Snake was the most requested 3rd party AND character at the Japan Expo .

I will post the poll right after i make the vote count into % and regroup some vote ( like Snake / Big Boss , Megaman Zero / Zero and maybe because their vote are low i will regroup some character from the same franshise and call it "somebody from x" )
Mega Man's success in Europe wasn't as significant as it was Stateside, and Rayman's greatest success is in Europe. They're literally the opposite of eachother.

Japan doesn't factor into this at all.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Speaking of Smash 4 Music. Which tracks do you guys think is the most hype? My personal top three is:
With the menu theme, it could be debated if either one is better. But I personally like the Wii U version better. I still hope someone will try to mash up the 3DS/Wii U menu music as one track similar to this...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I speak French ( i'm french ), Spanish , Polish , Hebrew and a little bit of Russian , my gf helped me with Italian , German and Japanease people ( they was a lot ) who was at the Japan Expo .

Edit : Stap the Geno Debate plz ... it's like the Ridl... euh ... "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"' Debate
Good to hear. I look forward to seeing what your Japan Expo poll has once it is brought up for us to see.
@Fuzzy Pickles! the only real difference between Europe and America is the difference between Mega Man and Rayman.
So as I'm suspecting, not much.
Please, ignore him, he is only a 14 years old kid.
He will not understand.
Geno Boost's behavior is reminiscence of how I behaved on Internet forums back when I was fourteen/fifteen years old. In other words, pretty bad. Hopefully he'll look back five years from now and cringe at the stuff he's said like I do.
Do you think we will have a third party DLC character thanks to the ballot?
I personally think the only one with chances is Rayman, but I don't really think he is likely.
Swap that with Snake (and me feeling he has a 50/50 shot at being DLC) and you have my thoughts on third-party chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Mega Man's success in Europe wasn't as significant as it was Stateside, and Rayman's greatest success is in Europe. They're literally the opposite of eachother.

Japan doesn't factor into this at all.
I wasn't talking about Japan . I was talking about JAPAN EXPO
"Japan Expo is a convention on Japanese popular culture - the largest of its kind in the world outside Japan[1] - taking place in Paris, France, although it has branched out into a partnership festival Kultima and expanded to include some European and US pop culture as well. It is held yearly in the beginning of July, for four days (usually from Thursday to Sunday), in the Parc des Expositions de Villepinte (second-largest convention center in France). The attendance has increased steadily over the years, with 3,200 visitors welcomed in the first edition in 1999 and around 240,000 for the 2014 edition.''
Thanks Wikipedia .

And here at the Japan Expo i was doing a poll for the Europeen taste about Smash DLC . And we could Test Star Fox Zero in a exclusif mission ( witch was very good ) , we had the announcement of the Dragon Quest localisation

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't like the Wii U version menu theme as much as I do with the 3DS version, honestly. Might be bias, idk.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You guys are a bunch of wusses.

Try doing those Street Smash challenges when people don't play Smash 3DS where I'm at.

**** Street Smash. I would proudly do Smash Tour than Street Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom