• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Federation Force hate isn't backing down.

This is just ridiculous.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Federation Force hate isn't backing down.

This is just ridiculous.
Any news about it outside the devs asking us to trust them? Honestly, it's tough to side with Nintendo, they are fully aware people want the Metroidvania kind of games, despite not even confirming development when announcing this. I do agree the petition is ****ing dumb though

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Any news about it outside the devs asking us to trust them? Honestly, it's tough to side with Nintendo, they are fully aware people want the Metroidvania kind of games, despite not even confirming development when announcing this. I do agree the petition is ****ing dumb though
It's more the absolute venom.

DMC didn't even get this bad of a reception.

And DMC was pretty good.

People just couldn't get over the changes.

I'm upset that what may be a honestly good game will get shunned for reasons that aren't it's fault.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's more the absolute venom.

DMC didn't even get this bad of a reception.

And DMC was pretty good.

People just couldn't get over the changes.

I'm upset that what may be a honestly good game will get shunned for reasons that aren't it's fault.
It's not just the changes that caused the kneejerk reaction, it's not likje a traditional Metroid game in the slightest, the last game, Other M, was 5 years ago, the game before that was Corruption, the last Metroid game that actually felt like Metroid, was 2007. Nintendo was fully aware of this demand, and the fact Samus had to be confirmed in an interview made people bitter. I'm still pretty mad but I'm going to give the game a chance, as is SomecallmeJohnny. What I hate the most however is people who keep saying 'Be happy you got a new game! It's what you wanted, you selfish entitled brat!' The petition was unnecessary as Nintendo doesn't pay attention to that, and a better method would outright refuse to buy the game

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not just the changes that caused the kneejerk reaction, it's not likje a traditional Metroid game in the slightest, the last game, Other M, was 5 years ago, the game before that was Corruption, the last Metroid game that actually felt like Metroid, was 2007. Nintendo was fully aware of this demand, and the fact Samus had to be confirmed in an interview made people bitter. I'm still pretty mad but I'm going to give the game a chance, as is SomecallmeJohnny. What I hate the most however is people who keep saying 'Be happy you got a new game! It's what you wanted, you selfish entitled brat!' The petition was unnecessary as Nintendo doesn't pay attention to that, and a better method would outright refuse to buy the game
Look I understand the precarious state of the franchise.

I want a "real" Metroid game too and Metroid Prime 4 would make me feel tingly feelings in places I shouldn't feel them.

But this is just a bad video game. The amount of hate it's getting is stupid.

Displeasure is fine, but I'm tired of no one showing an ounce of class.

Don't like the game? Express your displeasure politely and maturely.

None of what the fanbase is doing. This isn't the death of anything. This isn't Nintendo purposely smearing a franchise.

Honestly, they just sound like teenagers who don't know how the world works, ya know?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Look I understand the precarious state of the franchise.

I want a "real" Metroid game too and Metroid Prime 4 would make me feel tingly feelings in places I shouldn't feel them.

But this is just a bad video game. The amount of hate it's getting is stupid.

Honestly, they just sound like teenagers who don't know how the world works, ya know?
I'm fully aware of that, especially with all the rumors about a 2D Metroid and Tanabe saying this is to flesh out GF.
But this is just a bad video game
Not even, the Nintendo Treehouse footage looked good, not to mention the details we onow of seem impressive, I'm betting this is going to be like W101 all over again, considered great, but didn't sell well due to the kneejerk reaction

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm fully aware of that, especially with all the rumors about a 2D Metroid and Tanabe saying this is to flesh out GF.

Not even, the Nintendo Treehouse footage looked good, not to mention the details we onow of seem impressive, I'm betting this is going to be like W101 all over again, considered great, but didn't sell well due to the kneejerk reaction
Well "bad."

Again. I think it will be good.

We got a Star Fox Adventures situation on our hands.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
the idea that kkr is less requested in any region than daisy, isaac, or ****ing pichu is laughable
i'm not even confident he'll get in and of course that poll means nothing, but... really?
Trust me , i would love to lie about Pichu and Toon Link . But no ... The Veterant are far away from the newcomer is a Fact . And yes . Isaac is the most requested newcomer in Europe with Krystal from What i see , but Like i said , the vet are far away from them.

Btw I Make a poll during the Japan Expo , and ask to everybody , not just Smash player wich character they want in Smash Bros ,i've got 10 000 "vote" and i've got some pretty interessing resultat and K rool wasn't even in the top 10 , want me to share ?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Results from a recent poll on reddit.Not sure if it can be taken seriously seeing as wiimote safety man is #4 but nice to see who people are voting for half-way through the ballot
Will it's not as fancy as the K rool one...Not at all

But Banjo,Shovel knight and shantae are in the lead in terms of 3rd party

Edit:Since @Fuzzy Pickles! wanted to know

Wolf,Snake and ice climbers are winning in terms of vets
Combined Top 10
K. Rool - 803
Isaac - 689
Wolf - 642
Snake - 595
Inkling - 410
Ice Climbers - 377
Banjo - 362
Reckless Wiimote Safety Man - 316
Waluigi - 235
Sceptile - 217

(Paper Mario is 11 and Shovel Knight is 12, by the way)

I know this isn't a completely accurate representation of the Smash poll, but I really have to wonder why Nintendo would go through the hassle of trying to add a new 3rd party character when the only one to make the list is owned by Miscrosoft and came in at number 7.

Japanese votes probably won't help in that regard either, as K. Rool and veteran character reign supreme over there and the third parties that get votes here (mostly indie characters and occasionally characters such as Bayonetta) don't have the same sort of support in ANY of the data I've seen.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Reasons counting votes offers nothing:
-it could be counted In any way. By sheet number, which we will never know; popular vote, which redistributes weight of votes; by qualifier, simply inspiring Sakurai.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The difference between DmC and Federation Force is that the first game was officially the newest main line installment of the series. The second is a spin off made to help build up the Metroid universe and brand.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Said spinoff being the first game in 5 years, the last game that actually felt like Metroid was 8 years ago
You yourself said that there was likely "proper" Metroid games planned out if not outright in production, so how is ****ting on a spin off that might actually expand the franchises' audience helping anything?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You yourself said that there was likely "proper" Metroid games planned out if not outright in production, so how is ****ting on a spin off that might actually expand the franchises' audience helping anything?
I'm talking about the fan reaction, unlike almost every other Metroid fan out there, I'm willing to give the game a shot on it's own merits

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Reasons counting votes offers nothing:
-it could be counted In any way. By sheet number, which we will never know; popular vote, which redistributes weight of votes; by qualifier, simply inspiring Sakurai.
By looking at the 64 polls and Melee we can have an idea.

It'll be popular vote and whatever inspires Sakurai. Properly an emphasis on popular this time with impossible characters (Goku, etc) being dropped.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm talking about the fan reaction, unlike almost every other Metroid fan out there, I'm willing to give the game a shot on it's own merits
Yes, I'm with you here. I will likely actually purchase Federation Force. I'm interested to see what it will add to the franchise.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I have 3 questions:

Is King K. Rool the most requested newcomer in japan?

What place is isaac in the newest japenese polls?

How you would feel when dlc ends and wolf isnt in the game?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I haven't played a Metroid game.
I am so, so Tempted to start with FF.
But I am seriously debating the Prime trilogy.
I'm so tired :tired:
FUDGKKKMWW OF COURSEVYOU START WITH THE TRILOGY
I have 3 questions:

Yes
Isaac isn't popular in Japan
Ripped off

I just saw Hatfall. Now THAT'S a mobile game I'd play

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sakurai wont put in any ballot character - even the most popular - if he can't differentiate him from other characters on the roster.

It's nearly impossible to argue who Sakurai could create a unique moveset for. Sure, we might be able to write up movesets, but Sakurai (like Shulk) seems to have visions on the characters he puts in SSB. If he can't envision them adding anything new, he wont add them.

In my head, it'd be easy to make characters like Inkling, Chibi-Robo, Paper Mario and Wonder Red with unique movesets, but that enigma thinks on a different level.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have 3 questions:

According to @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's findings:

Yes.
9th most requested newcomer, but factoring in vets he's much lower.
Disappointed.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
According to @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's findings:

Yes.
9th most requested newcomer, but factoring in vets he's much lower.
Disappointed.
I really need to go and work on an update. Maybe in two weeks, I can finally start working on it.

Here's my current list of projects:
GDC Slide Translation - finished translation!
"Sakurai Didnt Say That!" - fixing some misquotes. Mostly done researching this, about 60% done with the write-up too.
Video with Relax Alax - just finished a new outline
Smash 4 timeline with Heath, - 70% done
Translation about the Picture of the Day -30% done
Did You Know Gaming misinformation post (just need to correct and source their misinformation...already watched all their videos...30% done)
Sakurai timeline that I haven't really worked on lately....50% done

and of course...checking everyone's article/ translation/ organizing the content for Source Gaming!

That's why I haven't been posting a lot lately either :p

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hey @ AreJay25 AreJay25 , are you an expert in the realm of Arcade Fighting Sticks?

Cause I needs some recommendations within a $150 budget.
Well, it's probably not the best choice but here's a relatively cheap one from Mayflash:

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Univ..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1436366524&sr=1-4

There's also this Hori stick that's literally the same amount as your budget:
http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Real-Arc..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1436366595&sr=1-2

Most other sticks go over the budget, especially Madcatz, so those are unfortunately out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom