• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well that sucks. I saw someone brought up on the past page about the Concept art being the actual design for the game.
If they had went with it I think I would have loved it on announcement.
Ducktales Remastered is an amazing game and looks great in the "Way" Wayforward handled it.
I have no Nostalgic connection with the game but I do with the show.
And I think the game is a masterpiece.
All that Expression just for a wall pushing animation.

Just Fantabulous.
No there is no Duck bias in this post
Ducktales Remastered, another game I need, as Wayforward made it, I expect high quality gameplay, a good artstyle and most importantly, lots of attention to detail. Wayforward loves doing that, hell, an NPC's sprite flips in Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, however, the NPC swishes her hair so that it's not just randomly flipped

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well that sucks. I saw someone brought up on the past page about the Concept art being the actual design for the game.
If they had went with it I think I would have loved it on announcement.
Ducktales Remastered is an amazing game and looks great in the "Way" Wayforward handled it.
I have no Nostalgic connection with the game but I do with the show.
And I think the game is a masterpiece.
All that Expression just for a wall pushing animation.

Just Fantabulous.
No there is no Duck bias in this post
I loved DuckTales Remastered, I'm glad Half Genie Hero is using that game's engine. I hope we get to see other Disney Afternoon games remade from WayForward.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The perfect Canadian character is someone who is short, angry, loud and has flaming red hair for its proud country's color

Here's his concept art
image.jpg

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Has this been linked here yet?

It's beautiful

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What happened with Mighty Number 9 recently?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Here's the best part: There's no explanation to where the money came from. Gunvolt only sold 100,000 as of March and at a cheap price, ergo, the only logical assumption is eithr Microsoft is paying him a ****ton for Recore or he's using the money from the kickstarter
Well I was under the impression that someone has to pay Comcept so they have the rights to make the movie.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
On one hand, I think it's stupid that Inafune is doing this, you're game isn't even out yet, and you want to do an animated series and a movie?! A movie's a big deal!
On the other hand, it's going to be wonderful seeing how that movie turns out.

Though I would like to see a Mega Man movie, animated of course.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It's Inafune's idea, so he has to pay the money
Actually , not really.

Comcept is working in collaboration with Legendary Digital Media and Contradiction Films, so its safe to say they are getting the money from there.

You can take off the tin foil hats now guys.

Also @ AreJay25 AreJay25 , I just found this:

N E W Z E A L A N D B O Y S

Now we just need one for Australia that isn't the Ryu vs Sagat Outback stage from Alpha 2 XD :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
With all the crap Inafune pulling with MN9 and Red Ash, you guys really don't wanna know why Inafune and Capcom were at odds against each other.

Seriously, look up the history about Lost Planet, DmC and Dead Rising, you'll never see Inafune the same.

Lost Planet 2, the best game of series got shafted by Inafune because it was 'too Japanese' and that bull**** called Lost Planet 3 came out because he wanted a piece of that Gears of War pie.

And then there was this
image.jpg

Actually , not really.

Comcept is working in collaboration with Legendary Digital Media and Contradiction Films, so its safe to say they are getting the money from there.

Now we just need one for Australia that isn't the Ryu vs Sagat Outback stage from Alpha 2 XD :p
Sweet, that Australia fighter might be happening

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On one hand, I think it's stupid that Inafune is doing this, you're game isn't even out yet, and you want to do an animated series and a movie?! A movie's a big deal!
On the other hand, it's going to be wonderful seeing how that movie turns out.

Though I would like to see a Mega Man movie, animated of course.
Still, they could at least wait 'till the game is actually released.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually , not really.

Collaboration means both of them are working on it, ergo, Comcept has to pay a sum of money regardless
With all the crap Inafune pulling with MN9 and Red Ash, you guys really don't wanna know why Inafune and Capcom were at odds against each other.

Seriously, look up the history about Lost Planet, DmC and Dead Rising, you'll never see Inafune the same.

Lost Planet 2, the best game of series got shafted by Inafune because it was 'too Japanese' and that bull**** called Lost Planet 3 came out because he wanted a piece of that Gears of War pie.

And then there was this
View attachment 60612

Sweet, that Australia fighter might be happening
Holy **** that's bad. You know what else? He was the character designer for most Mega Man games. Ergo, he's been saying 'I did Mega Man now gimme cash' without actually doing Mega Man

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Actually , not really.

That looks amazing. And yeah, I'd like some actual Australia representation lol.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Wolverine also use to be ugly and the women in his life (Jean, Storm, etc) pretty much gravitated towards him because of his bad boy appeal.

Lol. That all changed when Hugh Jackman got the role in live action. He got a little taller and a hell of a lot more handsome.
Not in the comics. He's still short and gruffy and storm distanced herself from him a good bit when she found out about not only his role in XForce (political/preemptive assassinations and killings), but his thoughts about it as well.

There's also Big Bertha from Marvel who is the biggest ''fat joke" of all. She's a supermodel who becomes fat to fight...then throws up.

Seriously.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Ashley_Crawford_(Earth-616)
She also had a brief thing with deadpool. She thought he was only dating her for fetish reasons (he wasn't)......then she threw up when she saw his face.
still not as bad as a character called Heavy Flo.
Look it up at your own discretion.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's a major difference in how Wolverine was drawn pre-Hugh and after Hugh. You can actually see it if you look it up.

A major difference in the short and scruffy he was then, and is now.

Also lol Storm got over that fast. (Not to mention was a part of a similar X-Force team shortly after) She was his girl when he died recently after all. It didn't take long after he marriage to Black Panther broke off for her to go back to Wolverine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's the difference, Kamiya CREATED Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta and Wonderful 101.

Megaman was created by Akira Kitamura and Tokuro Fujiwara. Inafune did jack all but did designs for enemies and concepts for Megaman X (which was just Zero).

It's like crediting Ono for a Street Fighter when Takashi Nishiyama and Hiroshi Matsumoto created and design the series and Sakamoto for Metroid but Gunpei Yokoi and Makoto Kano created it.

Fans were miseducated. Inafune was never the father, he was the step-dad at most
I wish Akira Kitamura and Tokuro Fujiwara would receive more credits for the creation of Mega Man. Especially since Kitamura directed Mega Man 2 and Fujiwara produced it, which I consider to be one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
That looks amazing. And yeah, I'd like some actual Australia representation lol.
If there was going to be a stage, I'd would rather it be in front Uluru with the rock changing colours as the stage transitions from day to night, OR just have it in one of the capital cities.... probably Sydney or Canberra.

Or Darwin because of how often storms hang around there. Could be a nice throw back to the Alpha 2 stage.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There's a major difference in how Wolverine was drawn pre-Hugh and after Hugh. You can actually see it if you look it up.

Also lol Storm got over that fast. She was his girl when he died recently after all. It didn't take long after he marriage to Black Panther broke off for her to go back to Wolverine.

I hate how they ruined Storm's character over the years. She was my overall favorite X-Men character aside from Cyclops and Gambit.

Especially that punk Mohawk phase (which was fine for a bit).

But still she was one of my favorite Marvel superheroes aside from Spidey, Captain America, Power Pack, Ms. Marvel and recently Doctor Strange and Nova (both due to Dr. Strange' movie and UMvC3)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Also lol Storm got over that fast. She was his girl when he died recently after all. It didn't take long after he marriage to Black Panther broke off for her to go back to Wolverine.
I always attributed those visual differences to art style variations between artists and the medium changing. There's a ton of people (probably literally) who've drawn Wolverine and the drawings are, arguably, of higher quality and resolutions. He's always short and scruffy relative to the rest of the cast, if not relative to his older drawings. As long as he not a pretty boy and is inarguably gruff I cant say I'm bothered by it. I mean some storms drawings take a bit after Halle Berry, but not to the point where it feels she's no longer Storm, ya know?

Concerning going back to wolvie, didn't that take a while "in-universe". And, heck, after whole phoenix taking over several of your friends and destroying nations thing I wouldn't see him in that bad of dude either. Good point nevertheless.

And you've reminded me that I haven't bought a new comic in months. I need to get on that this saturday.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I hate how they ruined Storm's character over the years. She was my overall favorite X-Men character aside from Cyclops and Gambit.

Especially that punk Mohawk phase (which was fine for a bit).

But still she was one of my favorite Marvel superheroes aside from Spidey, Captain America, Power Pack, Ms. Marvel and recently Doctor Strange and Nova (both due to Dr. Strange' movie and UMvC3)
I actually loved the mohawk. That and 90's storm are my favorite designs. Character-wise....she's not as commanding, but I guess they're trying to lean towards a more empathetic storm.

Most of the X-Men comics and characters are a mess. Marvel just destroyed that franchise.
Well, just like they switch artist up, they also switch the writers up which is terrible when it comes to continuity, which is already difficult to manage. I remember going to Con panels and they're always talking about how different people approach characters stories in vastly different way because they all see or connect with different aspects of the characters and see the story going in different directions....honestly, with that big a universe it's only a matter of time before it collapses or destroys itself.

Oh, wait! The Ultimate universe....lol

Anyway, do either of you have any recommendations? I recently started reading non-DC/Marvel comics again (Rat Queens is dope as ****), but I don't mind going back and forth.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I actually loved the mohawk. That and 90's storm are my favorite designs. Character-wise....she's not as commanding, but I guess they're trying to lean towards a more empathetic storm.

Well, just like they switch artist up, they also switch the writers up which is terrible when it comes to continuity, which is already difficult to manage. I remember going to Con panels and they're always talking about how different people approach characters stories in vastly different way because they all see or connect with different aspects of the characters and see the story going in different directions....honestly, with that big a universe it's only a matter of time before it collapses or destroys itself.

Oh, wait! The Ultimate universe....lol

Anyway, do either of you have any recommendations? I recently started reading non-DC/Marvel comics again (Rat Queens is dope as ****), but I don't mind going back and forth.
Besides Secret Wars and its 20 million tie-ins....

There was a comic I read the other day called "Plume" which was pretty cool.
Also Worlds Unite. Can't wait to see more of issues of it.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Besides Secret Wars and its 20 million tie-ins....

There was a comic I read the other day called "Plume" which was pretty cool.
Also Worlds Unite. Can't wait to see more of issues of it.
I'll look into it.
And I'm suddenly reminded that I need to find the second issue of Run Love Kill

Also.....screw getting all the issues that connect with secret wars. So much retconning and confusion...

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
That's it!

I know who the highest voted character on the Smash Ballot is!

It's Beck.

Clearly Comcept used the rest of their kickstarter money to purchase extra devices to spam votes.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
That's it!

I know who the highest voted character on the Smash Ballot is!

It's Beck.

Clearly Comcept used the rest of their kickstarter money to purchase extra devices to spam votes.
Quick, someone post the ballot stuffing machine gif!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom