• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I mean yeah, they should, but not everyone has them unlocked and Mii's are meant to be customized. It sucks but it's something I can understand.
Sakurai said it was mainly because of copyright issues, and bullying that Miis couldn't be used online. I guess they didnt want 500 Adolf Hitlers to populate the servers.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I mean yeah, they should, but not everyone has them unlocked and Mii's are meant to be customized. It sucks but it's something I can understand.
Since we're talking about what should be rather than what is, I'd like to add we should've have custom moves available by default.
Unlocking customs is not fun and just arbitrarily adds play time to the game.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sakurai said it was mainly because of copyright issues, and bullying that Miis couldn't be used online. I guess they didnt want 500 Adolf Hitlers to populate the servers.
And yet I still see Hitler Mii's and the like on MK8. :p

Since we're talking about what should be rather than what is, I'd like to add we should've have custom moves available by default.
This, so much.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Customs being determined by random
Customs possibly duplicating meaning you can keep getting the same customs
Customs being grouped with equipment
Remove 2 of these problems and it's automatically better

I'm hearing Justin ****wad-ieber's being Beck in MN9. At least I'm considering boycotting MN9 to begin with

and yet you can share 100 Adolf Hitler's and play against them in other games.

or they could have just automatically made them the generic faces. OR sakurai/reggie/iwata as other people have said. There are really obvious workarounds that I don't get how sakurai didnt see:urg:

Definitely. If customs were given straight out the gates they would probably have a great reputation isntead of the terrible one they have now. Plus Palutena would have a better reputation too because no one is forced to abandon lightweight/super speed :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
and yet you can share 100 Adolf Hitler's and play against them in other games.
or they could have just automatically made them the generic faces. OR sakurai/reggie/iwata as other people have said. There are really obvious workarounds that I don't get how sakurai didnt see:urg:
LOL
That would be great.
"You wanted to play as a Jesus? Too bad. You're Iwata now. Please understand. Oh, you wanted to be Bayonetta? You're gonna have to settle for Reggie now. Hope your body is ready."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I remember something about Mighty No.9. They announced AND released Gunvolt, which as of March sold 100,000 downloads. Where did Comcept get this money? Not to mention it's a cheap game so it clearly didn't make enough money for the movie to even be a logical consideration. And considering how MN9 looks so lackluster graphically whereas Yooka Laylee looks amazing...Did they just use most of the money on other things? It makes sense to why they kept asking more and more, not to mention how every Comcept IP since MN9 is a Mega Man clone...This is an actual ****ing scam!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I remember something about Mighty No.9. They announced AND released Gunvolt, which as of March sold 100,000 downloads. Where did Comcept get this money? Not to mention it's a cheap game so it clearly didn't make enough money for the movie to even be a logical consideration. And considering how MN9 looks so lackluster graphically whereas Yooka Laylee looks amazing...Did they just use most of the money on other things? It makes sense to why they kept asking more and more, not to mention how every Comcept IP since MN9 is a Mega Man clone...This is an actual ****ing scam!
Lol tfw tinfoil hat conspiracies.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Lucky Chloe is the worst female fighting game character I've seen in a while. That's just...fan service. Fan service in a fighter.

I hadn't even seen Josie yet. And lol, does anyone even dress like that in a real life or even come close to it. What is that she's wearing.
I've actually seen tops and shoes like she has irl. The skirt.....not really. I can see it being in a fashion show, though.

And I personally don't mind fan service, but there's limits imo. For example: I enjoy DOA as a fighting game, but some of the costumes in the DOA5 releases are terrible. I love beautiful women and don't mind some skin showing, but DOA goes to the point of being tasteless. The line between dressing sexy and dressing like a night walker isn't as thin as some people think; where you are matters a lot. Some things should remain private. There's nothing inherently wrong with wearing nothing but dental floss. Heck, if I was married I would probably ask my wife to do it every now and again at home, I'd even return the favor if she asked; however, wearing nothing but dental floss in the general public (besides some beach areas, strip joints, and maybe some very specific parades/events) is generally considered a terrible idea and tasteless. Even more so in prestigious events like an international tournaments where countries are represented...

Nothing wrong with being proud of what you have or who you are, but there's a point where one's actions become inconsiderate to others.

On freestepdodge (DOA forums), there was one guy who decided to choose to have his character wear a slingshot thong to "make a point" that there was nothing wrong with the costumes and that a soft ban that simply asked players not to use sleazy costumes at tournaments (or at least top 8) was dumb.

All of a sudden he hears a little girl say "Mommy, why is she naked?"

The mother essentially replied "I don't know but we're leaving"

The player spent the next few minutes apologizing to the woman and her child.

That player didnt consider where he was (a public game center) when he decided to use that costume. He and other players spent too much time worrying about their wants that they didnt think about others who may be watching a public event. I mean, really? You can use any costume at home, but you scream bloody murder and censorship when you cant see a half naked character for a 2 hour tournament?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And you know what's worse:

People will defend it and say it's a F-You to Capcom despite leaving Capcom like a punk and not finishing Legends 3, his dream game. Despite Shiji Mikami being same situation with Capcom during Resident Evil 4 but finish it despite his pure hatred for Capcom and it's the apex of the series.

I'm not gonna trust the guy who left Megaman to rot, ruined Ninja Gaiden and killed DMC (He was the guy who pitched the idea of outsourcing DmC to western devs and to the worst ones in Ninja Theory.

I can't wait for the Official NOT-Battle Network Kickstarter to exist so I can boycott his greedy self.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We already have the best possible Canadian fighting game character.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And you know what's worse:

People will defend it and say it's a F-You to Capcom despite leaving Capcom like a punk and not finishing Legends 3, his dream game. Despite Shiji Mikami being same situation with Capcom during Resident Evil 4 but finish it despite his pure hatred for Capcom and it's the apex of the series.

I'm not gonna trust the guy who left Megaman to rot, ruined Ninja Gaiden and killed DMC (He was the guy who pitched the idea of outsourcing DmC to western devs and to the worst ones in Ninja Theory.

I can't wait for the Official NOT-Battle Network Kickstarter to exist so I can boycott his greedy self.
My boyfriend pretty much summed it up as 'but crapcom us evil, dey keel babbies en kik puppiez'. People are saying Kamiya had no right to criticize the game as he used a Viewtiful Joe-esque character in a new IP and that he lost his stuff from Capcom. Honestly, the more we find out about MN9 the less I want it to exist. Calling it right now, some of the level design amd/or weapons are the same from Mega Man games Inafune worked on!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The next logical step for Comcept is clear.

Mighty Number 9 on Ice.
The sad part is I can see that happening to promote the game. Or even Red Ash. Honestly, I still can't get over the fact how he magically has this money, it can't be from Inafune's recent work on Recore either as it's very early in development. Comcept is becoming SE, they love to announce games, but when it comes to releasing them, they don't want to

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The next logical step for Comcept is clear.

Mighty Number 9 on Ice.
Only then would they truly be emulating Capcom's Megaman philosophy.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like Bob from Tekken should be from Canada instead of America.

Like I don't know...he seems more Canadian than American. He's too ****ing nice and chill to be American.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My boyfriend pretty much summed it up as 'but crapcom us evil, dey keel babbies en kik puppiez'. People are saying Kamiya had no right to criticize the game as he used a Viewtiful Joe-esque character in a new IP and that he lost his stuff from Capcom. Honestly, the more we find out about MN9 the less I want it to exist. Calling it right now, some of the level design amd/or weapons are the same from Mega Man games Inafune worked on!
Here's the difference, Kamiya CREATED Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta and Wonderful 101.

Megaman was created by Akira Kitamura and Tokuro Fujiwara. Inafune did jack all but did designs for enemies and concepts for Megaman X (which was just Zero).

It's like crediting Ono for a Street Fighter when Takashi Nishiyama and Hiroshi Matsumoto created and design the series and Sakamoto for Metroid but Gunpei Yokoi and Makoto Kano created it.

Fans were miseducated. Inafune was never the father, he was the step-dad at most

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So wait a minute here. What exactly has Inafune got in production.
Is this all the kickstarter money or am I missing something?
He's making a live action Mighty No. 9 movie. The game STILL isn't out yet, nor is it explained how he got this money. He asked for money on kickstarter a fourth time recently. MN9 doesn't look that good from the newest trailer, not to mention there was controversy that they didn't try to even apologize for. Mighty No. 9 has been a scam all along

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also lookinag at that Brazil stage? That's either Laura's home stage and if it's for a veteran? It's Sean. That doesn't really fit Blanka or Oro.

Not like this:
Superheros aren't exactly an American concept.

Superheroes are from all parts of the world. Let's not forget Wolverine the most famous X-Man is Canadian.

Deadpool is also Canadian.

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Superheros aren't exactly an American concept.

Superheroes are from all parts of the world. Let's not forget Wolverine the most famous X-Man is Canadian.

Deadpool is also Canadian.
But does Canada have fat superheroes?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
B-b-but, Captain America is American! :troll:
And?

Superman who is pretty much Cap's DC equal ain't even truly American. He's an alien from outerspace.

Which I always found humorous considering how real America would probably tear him apart for being different and an ''illegal".

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey Guys!

Wanna know how Nintendo and Capcom could make loads of money?

Just make these.
I want Phoenix Wright so badly. :I

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
He's making a live action Mighty No. 9 movie. The game STILL isn't out yet, nor is it explained how he got this money. He asked for money on kickstarter a fourth time recently. MN9 doesn't look that good from the newest trailer, not to mention there was controversy that they didn't try to even apologize for. Mighty No. 9 has been a scam all along
Well that sucks. I saw someone brought up on the past page about the Concept art being the actual design for the game.
If they had went with it I think I would have loved it on announcement.
Ducktales Remastered is an amazing game and looks great in the "Way" Wayforward handled it.
I have no Nostalgic connection with the game but I do with the show.
And I think the game is a masterpiece.
All that Expression just for a wall pushing animation.

Just Fantabulous.
No there is no Duck bias in this post

Hey Guys!

Wanna know how Nintendo and Capcom could make loads of money?

Just make these.
great now I desperately need both of those to be real :glare:
a Phoenix wright show would do so real and be fantastic :(

Puck from Alpha Flight though he's more muscular weight than fat weight I suppose.
not to mention short :awesome:

so is wolvie

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wolverine also use to be ugly and the women in his life (Jean, Storm, etc) pretty much gravitated towards him because of his bad boy appeal.

Lol. That all changed when Hugh Jackman got the role in live action. He got a little taller and a hell of a lot more handsome.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Most fat superheroes are explicitly gags. As for villains, Kingpin only LOOKS fat while the Da Blob's mutant power is morbid obesity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom