• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Alright, it'll be a character reveal then. If a character is revealed at SDCC, then you get :yeahboi:-ified. If there is not, I get :yeahboi:-ified. So, just to make sure. Do you want to bet then (just want a clean confirmation to make sure XD)?
Yes.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ugh, didn't get any notifications from here for hours. :/

kylexv

Smash Master
Alright, it'll be a character reveal then. If a character is revealed at SDCC, then you get :yeahboi:-ified. If there is not, I get :yeahboi:-ified. So, just to make sure. Do you want to bet then (just want a clean confirmation to make sure XD)?
Can't wait to see that :yeahboi: avatar of yours.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
All I wanted to say is despite what he claimed earlier, the first time he jabbed at me, it was not a friendly remark. It was very blatantly an insult that made me out to be a delusional fanboy.
Even if Phoenix Wright never happens hopefully some of that music makes it one day.
Well, yeah, I do think it's delusional to think a character who was disconfirmed over a year ago is going to be playable, even as DLC. I'm not gonna sugarcoat that, I don't pull punches.

I do admit, the comment in question was quite harsh, and I apologize for it.....but you seem to be forgetting that the comment I was responding to was not all that kind and respectful either. If you're gonna be snarky and sarcastic, you probably shouldn't expect kindness and respect. I'm that way all the time, and I ain't expecting hugs and kisses.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Here you go.
View attachment 60568
Shoe and all. You're welcome.
(It's actually the guy from Red Dead Redemption :p)
Red Dead Redemption.
What a fantastic game.
The memories I have playing with my mates. Poker, liars Dice and all the other wacky shenanigans.
I want to see it get a sequel so badly.
Rockstar North really do make great games. Online and Single Player.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, yeah, I do think it's delusional to think a character who was disconfirmed over a year ago is going to be playable, even as DLC. I'm not gonna sugarcoat that, I don't pull punches.

I do admit, the comment in question was quite harsh, and I apologize for it.....but you seem to be forgetting that the comment I was responding to was not all that kind and respectful either. If you're gonna be snarky and sarcastic, you probably shouldn't expect kindness and respect. I'm that way all the time, and I ain't expecting hugs and kisses.
No. That's not the comment I was talking about. That comment was when I said Isaac was more likely than King K. Rool, and your response was essentially "well, that's ridiculous, but I guess it's normal coming from you".
So no, I didn't deserve that. And once again, you're insulting me, not only because you called me delusional - directly this time - but because you're putting words in my mouth. :ohwell:

Sorry, accidently double posted XD.
Hardly noticed, it ended up on the next page anyways. ;)

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
No. That's not the comment I was talking about. That comment was when I said Isaac was more likely than King K. Rool, and your response was essentially "well, that's ridiculous, but I guess it's normal coming from you".
So no, I didn't deserve that.
Buddy, you're taking what I said out of context again.

That post you're referring to? You know what it was in response to?

You poking fun at how opposed I am to Geno's addition.

And once again, you're insulting me, not only because you called me delusional - directly this time - but because you're putting words in my mouth.
You're the one who said it first.... :facepalm:

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This may sound weird, but I don't fully expect a character announcement at SDCC. I mean it's possible, but it is very unlikely to me. The reason I made the bet was just because I still feel there is a slight chance and just to have fun. I've never really made bets before (I always played it safe), so I know I'm most likely going to lose XD. At least it gives me an excuse to use my :yeahboi:avatar again.

domokl

Smash Lord
Was sdcc the one where miahstorm said the bandanna dee trailer was corrupted?(literally the worst excuse ever for a fake leak.)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Was sdcc the one where miahstorm said the bandanna dee trailer was corrupted?(literally the worst excuse ever for a fake leak.)
Hahaha, I can't believe I forgot!

Yes, SDCC 2014 was where the Bandanna Dee trailer was supposed to air according to Miahstorm.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee's file got corrupt, became sentient and destroyed the files of other characters, coincidentallly, they were the files of Ridley, Sceptile, K.Rool and Isaac, after this, it took control of Ridley's model and went to Pyrosphere

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Do leaks from non-Nintendo games count
Here's one for Street Fighter V if anyone has seen it

image.jpg

YOu sure are getting a lot of use from that gif :p
It's the greatest gif ever made

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bandana Dee's file got corrupt, became sentient and destroyed the files of other characters, coincidentallly, they were the files of Ridley, Sceptile, K.Rool and Isaac, after this, it took control of Ridley's model and went to Pyrosphere
See, Bandana Dee is my most wanted character. Ridley, my second most wanted was teased for more than a year making many, myself included, think something was up. And Ridley on Pyrosphere is so ****ing dumb it's not Ridley at all. Ridley intimidates me and gets my blood pumping when I fight him. This thing can't defend itself and becomes your pet if beaten. That's the opposite of his character

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Buddy, you're taking what I said out of context again.
That post you're referring to? You know what it was in response to?
You poking fun at how opposed I am to Geno's addition.
You're the one who said it first.... :facepalm:
I wasn't making fun of you. I was making fun of the fact we were talking about Geno. Because, I don't instigate conflict with people for no reason.
This has gone too far. I am putting you on ignore until I can think straight.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Do leaks from non-Nintendo games count
Here's one for Street Fighter V if anyone has seen it

View attachment 60577

It's the greatest gif ever made
I figured Focus Attack would at least be a V-Skill, guess not. The new characters sound interesting, even though we already have characters from Africa, India, and Brazil lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See, Bandana Dee is my most wanted character. Ridley, my second most wanted was teased for more than a year making many, myself included, think something was up. And Ridley on Pyrosphere is so ****ing dumb it's not Ridley at all. Ridley intimidates me and gets my blood pumping when I fight him. This thing can't defend itself and becomes your pet if beaten. That's the opposite of his character
Don't think I didn't want Ridley, it's just my way to deal with pain, make jokes about it until it's gone :'^)
At least we still have Wonder-Red, r-right?
Conquest was Nohr
I know, but I can't marry two units, can I?
Gay marriage, incest, furries... we know what's next

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I figured Focus Attack would at least be a V-Skill, guess not. The new characters sound interesting, even though we already have characters from Africa, India, and Brazil lol.
Not like that matters considering there's a lot of multiple characters countries
  • Japan
  • USA
  • England
  • Mexico
  • China
  • Brazil
  • France
  • USSR

*Sees date of posting*
This guy has gotten quite a few things right.

- Smaller Roster
- Focus Attacks removed
- March 2016 release date
- V-Triggers
True. He's been right on the numbers. Plus I find it hilarious that other fighting games can be easily leaked so quickly but Smash is so hard and kept tight knit like crazy

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't think I didn't want Ridley, it's just my way to deal with pain, make jokes about it until it's gone :'^)
At least we still have Wonder-Red, r-right?

I know, but I can't marry two units, can I?
Gay marriage, incest, furries... we know what's next
We shall cry with make-up dripping from our faces together then
I want Fates to have an M rating so I can go 'NINTENDO'S SO ****ING KIDDY'

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Konami demands that Kojima doesn't get brought up in interviews...Snake's chances are pretty much killed now. Poor Kojima, such an excellent dev, now he's someone who could get trust from Kickstarter and keep it!
kojima's been wanting to stop making metal gear since like mgs2

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Not like that matters considering there's a lot of multiple characters countries
  • Japan
  • USA
  • England
  • Mexico
  • China
  • Brazil
  • France
  • USSR

True. He's been right on the numbers. Plus I find it hilarious that other fighting games can be easily leaked so quickly but Smash is so hard and kept tight knit like crazy
Yeah, I made that post without thinking lol. For some reason I thought that there were some notable countries left unrepped

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom