• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Konami demands that Kojima doesn't get brought up in interviews...Snake's chances are pretty much killed now. Poor Kojima, such an excellent dev, now he's someone who could get trust from Kickstarter and keep it!
Inafune on the other hand....
Mighty No. 9 is reminding me why I never back Kickstarter games (Yes, even Shovel Knight, a game I own). You never know if the finished product is going to look like the beta footage/concept art.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I wasn't making fun of you. I was making fun of the fact we were talking about Geno. Because, I don't instigate conflict with people for no reason.
This has gone too far. I am putting you on ignore until I can think straight.
I interpreted it as a stab at me, and that's why I responded in that manner. My bad.

As for the ignoring, might as well leave me there. :psycho:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
kojima's been wanting to stop making metal gear since like mgs2
Who says he can't make a non-MG game? Something like I dunno, Boktai, those games looked fun
Mighty No. 9 is reminding me why I never back Kickstarter games (Yes, even Shovel Knight, a game I own). You never know if the finished product is going to look like the beta footage/concept art.
That's why crowdfunding is so goddamn risky. MN9 is supposed to be made by professionals that are wellknown, Shovel Knight was literally made by nobodies and it's a superb game that I still need to get

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, I made that post without thinking lol. For some reason I thought that there were some notable countries left unrepped
The few unrepped countries they could do is probably Australia, Ireland, Saudi Arabia (Tekken got them beat on that) and Canada and that last one will never have a fighter

Who says he can't make a non-MG game? Something like I dunno, Boktai, those games looked fun

That's why crowdfunding is so goddamn risky. MN9 is supposed to be made by professionals that are wellknown, Shovel Knight was literally made by nobodies and it's a superb game that I still need to get
Kojima seriously needs to something simple to Policenauts and Snatcher. Metal Gear will have a million games but not those 2. And I agree about crowd funding although it did help Shenmue

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If true?

Laura better not be how I'm envisioning her.

I've yet to see a latina girl/girl from a tropical location in a fighting game that didn't have the same damn sort of look.

They all either wear booty shorts or have a flowy shirt that go boobalicious.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What does this Ignore button do?
No joke I am generally curious?
Works as advertised.
What I don't understand is why they went for the mediocre 3d look.
They should gone with this:

Chrono.

Do leaks from non-Nintendo games count
Here's one for Street Fighter V if anyone has seen it
Funny, Ono just revealed a Brazil stage.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...-new-character-street-fighter-5-think-brazil/

E3's reveal was England themed (Cammy, Birdie and the London stage). So it looks like next reveal will be Brazil themed (Laura/a Brazil veteran + the stage)

The question is: Which Veteran?

Blanka is an obvious pick, but some have pointed out that Oro has a good chance of coming back and while I ****ing love Sean, I don't see him coming back yet.

D

Deleted member

I really hope the Squid amiibo is rare just for the sake of irony
The few unrepped countries they could do is probably Australia, Ireland, Saudi Arabia (Tekken got them beat on that) and Canada and that last one will never have a fighter

Kojima seriously needs to something simple to Policenauts and Snatcher. Metal Gear will have a million games but not those 2. And I agree about crowd funding although it did help Shenmue
The Canadian fighter would win before the fight even begins by convincing their opponents that violence is not a solution and that they should try to solve their differences by talking rather than fighting candian fighter op pls nerf
If true?

I've yet to see a latina girl/girl from a tropical location in a fighting game that didn't have the same damn sort of look.

As a brazilian citizen, I'm tired of seeing my people being always portrayed by such stereotype
Says the guy that just made up the concept of a canadian fighter around the greatest canadian stereotype

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If true?

Were you one of those guys who pissed off over Josie Rizal reveal for Tekken 7?

What are your thoughts on Lucky Chole?

Has Blanka missed a single installment since his inclusion?
SF3. The only considering the reps for Brazil are Sean and Oro

Funny, Ono just revealed a Brazil stage.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...-new-character-street-fighter-5-think-brazil/

E3's reveal was England themed (Cammy, Birdie and the London stage). So it looks like next reveal will be Brazil themed (Laura/a Brazil veteran + the stage)

The question is: Which Veteran?

Blanka is an obvious pick, but some have pointed out that Oro has a good chance of coming back and while I ****ing love Sean, I don't see him coming back yet.
I think Sean might come back and Sakura as well. I just hope they age them and revitalize their moveset with their young adult ages especially with Sakura who should be out of high school NOW

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Works as advertised.

What I don't understand is why they went for the mediocre 3d look.
They should gone with this:
I understand why. It's expensive, not very flexible, and takes up a ton of space for what it is....and they're already using UE3.
Still, I'd love it if they pulled a GGXrd

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think Sean might come back and Sakura as well. I just hope they age them and revitalize their moveset with their young adult ages especially with Sakura who should be out of high school NOW
You and I both know that last part isn't happening. Like ever.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lucky Chloe is the worst female fighting game character I've seen in a while. That's just...fan service. Fan service in a fighter.

I hadn't even seen Josie yet. And lol, does anyone even dress like that in a real life or even come close to it. What is that she's wearing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Lucky Chloe is the worst female fighting game character I've seen in a while. That's just...fan service. Fan service in a fighter.

I hadn't even seen Josie yet. And lol, does anyone even dress like that in a real life or even come close to it. What is that she's wearing.
I just looked up Josie. I think that's actually a pretty cute outfit, but it's not really safe to wear in public, unless you want to be mocked

AreJay25

I'm honestly not even sure what to think of Tekken 7. It looks fine but something about it isn't really catching my attention.

I like how Yoshimitsu is doing his best Splatoon cosplay, though.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Have any of you guys ever put me on ignore? I wonder if I've pissed anyone off that much. I remember on another thread where they were making fun of someone for being a "man child" I gave a lecture about not making fun of someone for stuff you don't know in their personal life and someone responded "I just lost all respect for you. Goodbye." and I was like "Who was that??" lol

AreJay25

Have any of you guys ever put me on ignore? I wonder if I've pissed anyone off that much. I remember on another thread where they were making fun of someone for being a "man child" I gave a lecture about not making fun of someone for stuff you don't know in their personal life and someone responded "I just lost all respect for you. Goodbye." and I was like "Who was that??" lol
I don't have anyone on my ignore list.

I would only put someone on there if they were legitimately becoming a problem.

Do leaks from non-Nintendo games count
Here's one for Street Fighter V if anyone has seen it

View attachment 60577

It's the greatest gif ever made
Street FIghter V won't have "super" or "Hyper" editions
The only thing about this leak I care about. 5 will likely be my intro to the series and knowing I can start strright from the beginning without being screwed later would be fantastic.
Im going to be so bad.

*looks up lucky chloe*

I have only ever put 2 members on my ignore list and They are now off that list because seeing one make a fool of themselves is funny and the other just requried a LOT of getting used to. You are neither of those people :upsidedown:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I barely know you, so now. I do have some ***** on ignore though

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You and I both know that last part isn't happening. Like ever.
Look Birdie got fat and Bison's hair got grey, anything can happen at the point.

Let me believe.

I can't get mad at Lucky Chloe since it's just Harada bring out his inner Idolm@ster fanboyism. Now replace Marduk with some generic robot is out of the goddamn line and I was legit pissed. I swear if they do the same thing the Marshall Law and Paul, I'm redeeming this game as trash and say "wait for Soul Calibur 6 not f*** up this bad"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nope. Even if I did, I only have people on Ignore for a little while at a time anyway.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't really like to put anyone on ignore as certain discussions tend to get a little confusing when people are talking with someone you set up as ignore. I don't really like announcing it either even if I did. :/

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
There's a guy on YouTube who is going by Source Gaming apparently. Don't be confused by his Minecraft videos!

The site was briefly deactivated this morning because I had to verify my contact information. Almost had a heart attack when I saw that blog was deactivated.

Click the spoiler for (more) shameless self-promotion:
@SmashChu wrote an editorial why we should request obscure characters
Soma translated an article about Mii Fighters

Posts to look forward to:
"Our Dear Leader", by me.
"Are the Characters Dancing?" translation by Soma
Case for Professor Layton by @BluePikmin11
Case for King K. Rool by @TheAnvil
GDC Slide Translation by @DMurr , translations by me.

AreJay25

There's a guy on YouTube who is going by Source Gaming apparently. Don't be confused by his Minecraft videos!

The site was briefly deactivated this morning because I had to verify my contact information. Almost had a heart attack when I saw that blog was deactivated.

Click the spoiler for (more) shameless self-promotion:
@SmashChu wrote an editorial why we should request obscure characters
Soma translated an article about Mii Fighters

Posts to look forward to:
"Our Dear Leader", by me.
"Are the Characters Dancing?" translation by Soma
Case for Professor Layton by @BluePikmin11
Case for King K. Rool by @TheAnvil
GDC Slide Translation by @DMurr , translations by me.
Unless you all get video interviews with Sakurai himself, I don't think you have anything to worry about lol.

AreJay25

I still think Mii Fighters should be able to be played online With Anyone.
Especially if you share them online.
There's a legit reason for why you can't, though. Their custom moves. Unless they actually implemented a system for you to see which moves they were using, you wouldn't know what you're going up against.

I still think Mii Fighters should be able to be played online With Anyone.
Especially if you share them online.
There isn't any good reason for them not to be.
There's a legit reason for why you can't, though. Their custom moves. Unless they actually implemented a system for you to see which moves they were using, you wouldn't know what you're going up against.
Custom moves should be allowed online anyway :p

all other characters are stuck with 1111 why not them :p

Last edited:

AreJay25

Custom moves should be allowed online anyway :p

all other characters are stuck with 1111 why not them :p
I mean yeah, they should, but not everyone has them unlocked and Mii's are meant to be customized. It sucks but it's something I can understand.

Chrono.

We can only dream, I don't have much hope for him though. Only SF3 character I see coming back for sure is Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom