• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Federation Force hate isn't backing down.

This is just ridiculous.
The sad thing is that it won't back down unless 1) it's cancelled or 2) another main line Metroid is shown.

Since neither is happening(and the latter won't happen soon), the hate will continue.

I was showing that Geno still have a lot supporters and they are not dead and people care about him
Burb's point was that you're being hypocritical by criticizing him for being happy at an unofficial StrawPoll when you pulled up an unofficial poll from Japan as "proof" and were happy about it.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
The sad thing is that it won't back down unless 1) it's cancelled or 2) another main line Metroid is shown.

Since neither is happening(and the latter won't happen soon), the hate will continue.

Burb's point was that you're being hypocritical by criticizing him for being happy at an unofficial StrawPoll when you pulled up an unofficial poll from Japan as "proof" and were happy about it.
Yes I was happy because he still has a lot of supporters and they care about just like most people here who were happy about other unofficial poll

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 start with Metroid Fusion. That's what I did!
I rather prefer Zero Mission since it's the remake of the first game and has an extra part for the story.

Plus it introduces the mechanics and sense of exploration. Fusion is great to be introduced as the second game of the series to play.

Just remember, Play Super and Prime one LAST. I say that because those games are the best of the series and finish it with a bang

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yes I was happy because he still has a lot of supporters and they care about just like most people here who were happy about other unofficial poll
That's my point.

It makes no sense for you to say "WELL THAT'S UNOFFICIAL" at a poll where Geno did poorly, but use another unofficial source as proof of his popularity.

You can't use one and disregard the other. It's hypocritical cherry picking.

D

Deleted member

K Rool and Isaac.
Sitting a the top two spots.
That's A-Okay in my book.:4ness:
Couldn't get any sleep but I found my new favourite gif.
Oh yeah I saw that gif. I think it got made right after EarthBound: Beginnings release. We need one for Lucas if Mother 3 gets localized.
>Reddit poll
>Accurate
You have to chose .
A lot Of people forgot that there a lot Of no-reddit/smashboard user who vote , there is a million Of people from Youtube and Miiverse . And This type of poll Will Never be accurate . Here in Europe we don't give a **** about K.rool Shantae and Shovel Knight . Europe care a LOT about veterant ( yes. Even pichu ) the top 3 are Snake , Wolf , Ice climber and the newcomer after them is Isaac , Rayman/Sonic character , Krystal , Daisy and Simond Belmond . Like said @PushDustIn people in Japan don't even know Shovel Knight and they have different taste ( wich i prefer over USA sélection Of character btw :p ) those false poll Will just give false Hope to the character fan to their character
I'd figure I would ask, do you know any other language other than English? Because it is worth noting that Europeans who speak English are typically lumped in with the English-speaking western audience anyway and I find it very hard to believe that King K. Rool wouldn't be highly requested in England, where Rare was formed.
Combined Top 10
K. Rool - 803
Isaac - 689
Wolf - 642
Snake - 595
Inkling - 410
Ice Climbers - 377
Banjo - 362
Reckless Wiimote Safety Man - 316
Waluigi - 235
Sceptile - 217

(Paper Mario is 11 and Shovel Knight is 12, by the way)

I know this isn't a completely accurate representation of the Smash poll, but I really have to wonder why Nintendo would go through the hassle of trying to add a new 3rd party character when the only one to make the list is owned by Miscrosoft and came in at number 7.

Japanese votes probably won't help in that regard either, as K. Rool and veteran character reign supreme over there and the third parties that get votes here (mostly indie characters and occasionally characters such as Bayonetta) don't have the same sort of support in ANY of the data I've seen.
It's for this reason why I don't see a new third-party happening for DLC. To be honest thought, I would not be surprised if we never got new third-party characters ever again given that it's all downhill from here and the characters I consider to be the cream of the crop of the ones not added yet (Bomberman and Slime) will probably never be playable.

Actually, Bomberman could if he were to ever become incredibly highly requested like Mega Man or Sonic. The problem is, he never will be since people are too pessimistic about supporting characters from dead franchises.
I haven't played a Metroid game.
I am so, so Tempted to start with FF.
But I am seriously debating the Prime trilogy.
I'm so tired :tired:
You can get Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii U for $20 if you have a Wii U. Even if you don't have that, you can always pick Metroid Prime Trilogy for around $50 and still get it for cheaper than you would Federation Force if you think of Metroid Prime Trilogy as just below $20 per game (including tax). Super Metroid is also a really great way to start with Metroid if you have a Wii/Wii U as you can get it off the Virtual Console for only $8 (not including tax). For Metroid Prime: Federation Force, I'd suggest waiting until it reaches bargin bin prices so that if you are disappointed in it, it's less money wasted and you get more bang for your buck if you like it.
I have 3 questions:

Is King K. Rool the most requested newcomer in japan?

What place is isaac in the newest japenese polls?

How you would feel when dlc ends and wolf isnt in the game?
From what we know, yes. However, I am hoping to see more significant Japanese samples to see what has changed since the ballot has started.

I don't care about Wolf very much so I don't mind what happens to him. However, I will say that I will be extremely surprised and the only exclusion that would legitimately shock me.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Because I have no interest in engaging in debate with you, I'll explain it quote by quote so you can understand, and I'm not responding to you after this because it's crystal clear. The thread does not want another Geno debate, so take this as it is, and if you want to keep arguing, PM me and don't drag it on here.

Quote #1: Burb makes a joke, inciting your ire.

Goku and Shrek are both beating Geno.

Standard fare. I laughed at it.

Quote #2: You respond, presumably out of annoyance that Burb made a grievous insult like that, because how dare he criticize a character, right?!

Happy at something not official?
Burb laughs at something unofficial that ranks Geno lower than Smash's two troll requests. Okay, fine. But here's the point where it all collapses.

Quote #3: Burb uses your own statement against you.

The way the previous quote was written and the context, you were annoyed/mad/ragingly pissed off at Burb because he laughed off your dear character's chances by looking at an unofficial poll. So you write the quote as a criticism. But here's the thing. the link in Quote #3 links to a post WHERE YOU USE AN UNOFFICIAL POLL TO SAY THAT GENO IS "POPULAR".

As such, you make yourself a hypocrite by berating Burb for laughing at an unofficial poll unrepresentative of character chances while you bring up a poll unrepresentative of character chances to defend a point.

So, future advice, don't try and argue with others when your points can easily be turned against you.

And because it bears repeating:

If you honestly want to drag this on, you private message me. Quote me in this thread and I will flat-out ignore you, because I respect the thread's wishes to not have another Geno debate and you quoting this assumes you did not read this the first time I said it above nor this very hard to miss paragraph, or that you blatantly ignored both instances.

Good day.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'd figure I would ask, do you know any other language other than English? Because it is worth noting that Europeans who speak English are typically lumped in with the English-speaking western audience anyway and I find it very hard to believe that King K. Rool wouldn't be highly requested in England, where Rare was formed.
It's for this reason why I don't see a new third-party happening for DLC. To be honest thought, I would not be surprised if we never got new third-party characters ever again given that it's all downhill from here and the characters I consider to be the cream of the crop of the ones not added yet (Bomberman and Slime) will probably never be playable.
I speak French ( i'm french ), Spanish , Polish , Hebrew and a little bit of Russian , my gf helped me with Italian , German and Japanease people ( they was a lot ) who was at the Japan Expo .

Edit : Stap the Geno Debate plz ... it's like the Ridl... euh ... "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"' Debate

Last edited:

PsiPax

Smash Rookie
I know I am going to sound like an idiot but does anyone have a link to the polls? I don't really keep up with this stuff...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh yeah I saw that gif. I think it got made right after EarthBound: Beginnings release. We need one for Lucas if Mother 3 gets localized.

Actually, Bomberman could if he were to ever become incredibly highly requested like Mega Man or Sonic. The problem is, he never will be since people are too pessimistic about supporting characters from dead franchises.
You can get Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii U for $20 if you have a Wii U. Even if you don't have that, you can always pick Metroid Prime Trilogy for around $50 and still get it for cheaper than you would Federation Force if you think of Metroid Prime Trilogy as just below $20 per game (including tax). Super Metroid is also a really great way to start with Metroid if you have a Wii/Wii U as you can get it off the Virtual Console for only $8 (not including tax). For Metroid Prime: Federation Force, I'd suggest waiting until it reaches bargin bin prices so that if you are disappointed in it, it's less money wasted and you get more bang for your buck if you like it.
From what we know, yes. However, I am hoping to see more significant Japanese samples to see what has changed since the ballot has started.

I don't care about Wolf very much so I don't mind what happens to him. However, I will say that I will be extremely surprised and the only exclusion that would legitimately shock me.
I agree. Unless Sskurai brings back Snake, there will be no more Third-Party characters. The First Party is what matters and K. Rool, Wolf and Issac are leading the pack along with Dixie and Inkling not far behind.

Oh for the love of god can we not argue about Geno again.
We can do Ridley again or argue about other 3rd Party characters

Hey @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Bayonetta has no shot in Smash :teeth:

Please, anything else but Geno

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I know I am going to sound like an idiot but does anyone have a link to the polls? I don't really keep up with this stuff...
There is like 16 poll every day , so it's hard to keep up with this :p

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah, the only Square enix rep that even has a slight chance of happening is:

:troll:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
That's my point.

It makes no sense for you to say "WELL THAT'S UNOFFICIAL" at a poll where Geno did poorly, but use another unofficial source as proof of his popularity.

You can't use one and disregard the other. It's hypocritical cherry picking.
Because you were happy about False hope like you were expecting 4th party beat a lot of 3rd party in the official ballout
EDIT: thank god, it was just a joke

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I see people voting for Daisy

I am confused
Daisy is very popular and people outside Smashboards don't care about what is likely, they vote for what they regardless.
Oh trust me, I know why people are voting.

I just don't understand.
the idea that kkr is less requested in any region than daisy, isaac, or ****ing pichu is laughable
i'm not even confident he'll get in and of course that poll means nothing, but... really?
You know I always find it funny how some people on Smashboards can't understand that Daisy does actually appeal to a lot of people. Not mention there is actually a lot of crossover from Luigi and Peach's fanbases in Daisy's fanbase. There's actually quite a few who want all of the main Mario trio of Princesses to be in Smash. There's a lot of Mario sports games fans who would prefer her to be the sports rep then Waluigi. So getting a good decent number of people voting for her in polls in not in anyway unusual.

So I would say she's in the likely spot for DLC for Smash 4. Bearing in mind people likely is not as high as highly likely like King K Rool is. So it is possible Daisy could be DLC before King K Rool, is this going to happen? No probably not. Just saying its really funny how some people on Smashboards can't seem to understand Daisy does actually have a decent chance for DLC, its defiantly not as good as King K. Rool, Dixie, Issac and other really popular choices. But Daisy is a character who does have a lot of appeal to causal Smash fans, who don't do hardcore character speculation and the like.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
About that reddit poll result...

Do people genuinely think Reckless Safety Man is an actual good choice for Smash DLC or are they just dragging the meme to the ground? :S

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Because you were happy about False hope like you were expecting 4th party beat a lot of 3rd party in the official ballout
EDIT: thank god, it was just a joke
Huh? It's not a joke. Shrek and Goku legit beat Geno in that poll. And I think it's funny that he's dropped in popularity to such a level that people want SHREK in Smash before him. I don't get why you're assuming it's a joke. In basically every poll I've seen him featured on for Smash ballot picks, he always does well. In fact, here's another poll where Shrek scores high (Scroll down to the last pie chart): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XZ...QlnTj6rU/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics

And I'm not gonna comment on the "false hope" comment, since it's the epitome of ironic.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
About that reddit poll result...

Do people genuinely think Reckless Safety Man is an actual good choice for Smash DLC or are they just dragging the meme to the ground? :S
Most likely the latter.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Huh? It's not a joke. Shrek and Goku legit beat Geno in that poll. And I think it's funny that he's dropped in popularity to such a level that people want SHREK in Smash before him. I don't get why you're assuming it's a joke. In basically every poll I've seen him featured on for Smash ballot picks, he always does well. In fact, here's another poll where Shrek scores high (Scroll down to the last pie chart): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XZ...QlnTj6rU/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics

And I'm not gonna comment on the "false hope" comment, since it's the epitome of ironic.
Please, ignore him, he is only a 14 years old kid.
He will not understand.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

They voted them because it was a joke just like wii remote guy not because they seriously want them in smash if we are going on the "official" ballout because the rule says "vote for your favorite video game character"

Burb

The Absolute Worst
They voted them because it was a joke just like wii remote guy not because they seriously want them in smash if we are going on the "official" ballout because the rule says "vote for your favorite video game character"
And according to that unofficial poll, Shrek is the favorite video game character of more people than Geno is.

Last edited:

Soul.

Character arguments are honestly pretty dumb, but that's just me I guess.
I thought people were more so joking around with Shrek being in Smash lol.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Do you think we will have a third party DLC character thanks to the ballot?
I personally think the only one with chances is Rayman, but I don't really think he is likely.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Character arguments are honestly pretty dumb, but that's just me I guess.
I thought people were more so joking around with Shrek being in Smash lol.
Shrek is a meme.

The whole argument is based around me pointing out that the two poster boys of joke Smash 4 requests, Goku and Shrek, outperformed Geno, who was insanely popular pre-Brawl.

I'm not a genuine Shrek supporter and I'm not arguing that he should be in Smash. It's just an "Oh, how the mighty have fallen" type of observation.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
@Fuzzy Pickles! the only real difference between Europe and America is the difference between Mega Man and Rayman.
I'm not sure to understand what you mean ... Mega man was always requested around the world since Brawl , were Rayman just gained a popularity boost from the Omni Leak . Surprisingly Rayman was not the most requested 3RD party newcomer during the Japan Expo in the poll i make the last week . The most requested 3RD party NewComer is ''Sora ( Kingdom Hearts)'' :troll: , but if not newcomer , Snake was the most requested 3rd party AND character at the Japan Expo .

I will post the poll right after i make the vote count into % and regroup some vote ( like Snake / Big Boss , Megaman Zero / Zero and maybe because their vote are low i will regroup some character from the same franshise and call it "somebody from x" )

Last edited:

Soul.

Shrek is a meme.

The whole argument is based around me pointing out that the two poster boys of joke Smash 4 requests, Goku and Shrek, outperformed Geno, who was insanely popular pre-Brawl.

I'm not a genuine Shrek supporter and I'm not arguing that he should be in Smash. It's just an "Oh, how the mighty have fallen" type of observation.
Oh yeah, sorry. :facepalm:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I would legitimately like to see Reckless Safety Man in Smash. I can't be the only one who wants him.
The meme is kind of lost on me. I get that it started off as a joke but now some people actually want it to happen... So where did it begin? Was it because of Wii Fit Trainer, which I feel is a completely different situation?

If so... Wii Fit Trainer is from a very successful game and represents a huge part of Nintendo's history. She's not even close to being an absurd choice, just really unexpected and clever.

Reckless Safety Man is just a warning label and a silly meme that was funny for a while.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know I always find it funny how some people on Smashboards can't understand that Daisy does actually appeal to a lot of people. Not mention there is actually a lot of crossover from Luigi and Peach's fanbases in Daisy's fanbase. There's actually quite a few who want all of the main Mario trio of Princesses to be in Smash. There's a lot of Mario sports games fans who would prefer her to be the sports rep then Waluigi. So getting a good decent number of people voting for her in polls in not in anyway unusual.

So I would say she's in the likely spot for DLC for Smash 4. Bearing in mind people likely is not as high as highly likely like King K Rool is. So it is possible Daisy could be DLC before King K Rool, is this going to happen? No probably not. Just saying its really funny how some people on Smashboards can't seem to understand Daisy does actually have a decent chance for DLC, its defiantly not as good as King K. Rool, Dixie, Issac and other really popular choices. But Daisy is a character who does have a lot of appeal to causal Smash fans, who don't do hardcore character speculation and the like.
It doesn't have anything to do with her chances.

It has to do with what she can bring to the table. I don't understand what people see in her as a character. What can she do that would set her apart? What makes her unique? Representing the sports genre isn't enough for me, especially when Peach already kind of does that. Waluigi was heavily requested for practically the same reason, and look where he ended up.

The meme is kind of lost on me. I get that it started off as a joke but now some people actually want it to happen... So where did it begin? Was it because of Wii Fit Trainer, which I feel is a completely different situation?

If so... Wii Fit Trainer is from a very successful game and represents a huge part of Nintendo's history. She's not even close to being an absurd choice, just really unexpected and clever.

Reckless Safety Man is just a warning label and a silly meme that was funny for a while.
IIRC, RSM rose to fame as soon as the ballot started. I think there were a few minor cases of people acknowledging him before that, though.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind seeing an enemy from the Subspace Emissary playable. Some of them are very unique in that they could have a very cool moveset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom