• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I dunno, she got it pretty good in Melee.

Waluigi's palette options for Luigi and Mario are just simple palette swaps. Daisy's Melee one actually resulted in significant changes. While this sort of thing isn't really major in regard to Smash 4 (not to mention Peach's Daisy outfit no longer results in changes this drastic in Brawl/SSB4), it's a pretty big deal for Melee.....it's the one of the only two costumes in the game that aren't just palette swaps.

I don't think he's that much better off.
I'm not saying that he's likely or anything, he's far from it. I don't see any conceivable way that Waluigi will be made playable in this Smash Bros now that he's an Assist (and Mario already got a bunch of characters, and even if they got more then there are still characters ahead of him).

They're both no hopers right now. It's just that Daisy has even less of a hope.

That is pretty cool about the dress though.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Spanish got the most results besides English/ Japanese in my mega Smash poll.
Wow, King K. Rool got less votes than the Pokemon Trainer.

One consistency was that veterans were always in the top thus proving humanity will wallow in the status quo unless forced. *smugness followed by realisation of own humanity.*

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
When was this done? Surprised that it features so many characters who already have IGRs.
It finished the day before Smash DLC was announced. I have impeccable timing. I mixed popular US responses with Japanese responses. What does IGR stand for?

oh, in-game roles.

That's because I added characters people requested, even if I dont think they have a chance. Figured it would be useful for when Smash 5 comes around.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'll be willing to make a bet that Wolf is not coming back as DLC. This year at least. Any takers?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Sorry for my late follow-up, but i've been reading over the thread from the past couple of days- Welcome back @Frostwraith !

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'll be willing to make a bet that Wolf is not coming back as DLC. This year at least. Any takers?
Usually i would but i dont think wolf is making it this time around.So im on your side if wolf becomes smash DLC ill change my avatar to shrek for the next year

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Morning Folks.
So I must ask who said there wouldn't be a smash reveal at SDCC.
Because there sort of is:

:4mewtwo:(insert screams for Mewtwo Amiibo here):4mewtwo:
Mewtwo looking absolutely amazing in Amiibo form.
EDIT: Can't wait for my boy, hopefully has the same size eyes as good ol Ness.:4ness::4lucas:
gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I am willing to bet 1 million Monopoly bucks that Wolf will be announced by the end of the year.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I really wished they didn't nerfed the Daisy outfit costume for Peach. It was actually nice of them to go out of their way to add the extra detail than just recoloring lol

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The only reason he wouldn't be in is if Sakurai flat out hates him, remember this is what Wolf is currently like in Smash 4,

Don't forget he says everything he said in Brawl, just to add extra salt.
I've also noticed that even his trophy looks really subpar, he just looks so jagged at parts, plus there are a few modeling errors that suggest it was rushed, plus his 3 themes and Fox's "Wolf Flash" don't exactly leave a good taste in the fans mouths, the songs may be good, but its pretty much Roy's hope X3 without Wolf there. While the Japanese version more fittingly calls it Fox Flash, the localization team calling it Wolf flash may not have been intentional, but it wasn't a good move, plus you can't use custom moves in For Glory. He'll also be on the cover for Star Fox Zero, more accurately trying to kill Fox on the cover

If Sakurai doesn't give us Wolf, I'll just turn to the hackers to hack him in.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I'm guessing some leak at SDCC happened...

setlling it in crash(boards)

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Yeah, keep getting CrashBoards, thought maybe something major was announced/discovered. Oh well, guess not.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I am willing to bet 1 million Monopoly bucks that Wolf will be announced by the end of the year.
I firmly believe that Wolf will be back and people shouldn't take Sakurai says literally because the man can back down when the time is right.

Although there's a doubt in me that says ICs might have a better chance than him

Also I got Crash Boards twice

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
As a Wolf Secondary.
Even I am having my doubts.
I don't want to have doubts but I do.
Then again they might be holding him off to promote the crap out of Star Fox (please note this is extreme straw grasping)
They are holding Falco's Amiibo back. They are physically separating him from the original cast of Europe's Amiibo numbers.
:4gaw:(45):4rob:(46):4duckhunt:(47):4miibrawl:(46):4miigun:(49):4miisword:(50)
Why Falco a melee veteran of all things.
Unless they ironically bundle him with SF Zero. (F Zero ;.; )
Now I hope they do promote the ever living life out of it because the Wii U needs these pushes now more than ever.
Wolf being used to cross promote is extremely unlikely (Could be an Inkling scenario sort of thing)
But I am in a somewhat different boat. He's a veteran for one. The one most people actually go out and say will be certain.
He could be an extremely good option to bundle with the game.
Now I must admit. If he doesn't come soon. I might give up hope. I'm lucky enough to have Lucas.
I can't complain for anymore. I want Wolf back though. I really, really do.
Also CrashBoards what's going on here.....

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Because I'm a cheap ass who just spent a lot of money (isn't that counterproductive my fellas and lady fellas?!)...I bought Toki Tori for a 1.99 and then got dat discounted Shantae.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
As a Wolf Secondary.
Even I am having my doubts.
I don't want to have doubts but I do.
Then again they might be holding him off to promote the crap out of Star Fox (please note this is extreme straw grasping)
They are holding Falco's Amiibo back. They are physically separating him from the original cast of Europe's Amiibo numbers.
:4gaw:(45):4rob:(46):4duckhunt:(47):4miibrawl:(46):4miigun:(49):4miisword:(50)
Why Falco a melee veteran of all things.
Unless they ironically bundle him with SF Zero. (F Zero ;.; )
Now I hope they do promote the ever living life out of it because the Wii U needs these pushes now more than ever.
Wolf being used to cross promote is extremely unlikely (Could be an Inkling scenario sort of thing)
But I am in a somewhat different boat. He's a veteran for one. The one most people actually go out and say will be certain.
He could be an extremely good option to bundle with the game.
Now I must admit. If he doesn't come soon. I might give up hope. I'm lucky enough to have Lucas.
I can't complain for anymore. I want Wolf back though. I really, really do.
Also CrashBoards what's going on here.....
Weird, Falco is after the Miis in number on the European box art?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I just got 2 :4ness: and 2 :4dedede: because I found one set and my girlfriend found the other before she knew I already got them. Girlfriend of the year award. :love: Maybe I can swap for some of the ones I'm missing. :4lucario::4metaknight::4myfriends::4charizard::rosalina::4robinm::4shulk::4lucina:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Clearly guys they finally showed the corrupted Bandanna Dee trailer, hence crashboards

:awesome:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Wait.... Crash Boards.
Crash.
Crash Bandicoot.

CRASH BANDICOOT CONFRIM'D FER DLC!!!11111111

D

Deleted member

I serious. What are the stakes?
Whoever side wins gets to pick the other person's avatar for two months. So if Wolf gets released as DLC before 2016, I will tell you what avatar you get to have for two months. Vice versa if I'm wrong.

I can raise the stakes if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I really don't think wolf is coming back i think once again people are overestimating a characters change of making it in.If im wrong call me out on it but imo if wolf was gonna come back he would have already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom