• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Actually, looking back at the Lylat Cruise conversations, these aren't even models. They're pictures with animated mouths. Just like in the actual Star Fox games.

It doesn't look bad because it's a "placeholder model", it looks bad because it's a picture of Wolf's head that's completely motionless other than his mouth and blinking eyes.
Never knew that, though how long would it take say to replace the current codec Wolf with something similar to this,

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I believe it has to do with the fact that if Falco is being held off, there is a potential of a Wolf amiibo to be sloted right in the same wave. Major waves usually consist of 6-8 amiibos. Considering its the holiday season, Nintendo probably wants more money from Amiibos. So if Wolf is confirmed, it kind of makes sense to have him in the same wave as Falco or in terms of Amiibo number.
Well, I think the realistic answer to this is: no, it's not going to happen.
Even IF Wolf is planned, having his amiibo out is possible this year, but largely unfeasible due to the amount of time it would take to go through the whole process. It would be rushed, and there's not an incredibly pressing reason to push for Wolf when they have Falco.

We were discussing this before, and this is the conclusion I've come to.
Yeah, I agree with DMurr here.

If the theory about Falco's amiibo being held off till the Holiday so it can launch alongside Star Fox Zero is correct (and it probably is, since it's the most logical explanation), it's really more proof against Wolf than it is for him.

Think of it like this: if Wolf had DLC currently in the works and would have his amiibo available by December, why hold Falco off until then? They'd have the Wolf amiibo to release alongside the game and wouldn't need to save Falco for later.

Considering Mewtwo's amiibo is already done, as we've seen at SDCC, with no release date in sight, i don't think it's out of the ordinary to see Falco and Wolf (should he be revealed in August) be in the same wave.
There's no proof whatsoever that Wolf is being developed, let alone that he was being developed alongside the DLC characters we have.

If this were the case, we would've seen him in the files for April's update alongside Roy, Ryu, and Lucas. And would probably have him by this point.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Didn't Miyamoto say that no content was going to be locked behind amiibo anyways?

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Didn't Miyamoto say that no content was going to be locked behind amiibo anyways?
He did.. which is why it confuses me so much that Falco isn't being released until later than the rest of the roster. Unless it doesn't have any special usages and they just think the merchandise will sell better due to being related. Actually that makes a lot of sense.

Still unprecedented.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Yup, I did.

I

You're talking about numbers. Not waves. Numbers.

What I'm asking is, why do you guys find it weird that he's separated from them in numbering? We've known for a month now that he was inexplicably being released months after them.

Like, why weren't you shocked when it was news?

Nintendo: Falco is in Wave 7 which will be released this Holiday season, everyone else is in Wave 6.
You guys: Oh, kk
Nintendo of Europe: Falco's number on the box is after the Mii Fighters
You guys: OMFGWTFBBQ WHY IS HE BEING HELD OFF!?!?!?!?

And my point is, how is it any weirder than Falco being released in December to begin with?

It's weird he was held off, but you should've expected his number to be at the end of the list. Given the timing of his release, it'd make less sense to put his number higher on the list even though he's being released after them.
Here in the UK we have different waves of release:
US:
:4ness::4pacman::4charizard::4wario::4robinm::4robinf::4jigglypuff::4greninja:
:4palutena::4darkpit:
:4ganondorf::4zss::4bowserjr::4drmario::4olimar::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
:4falco: and presumably :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:
UK:
:4ness::4pacman::4charizard::4wario::4robinm::4robinf:
:4greninja::4jigglypuff:
:4ganondorf::4palutena::4darkpit::4zss:
:4bowserjr::4drmario::4olimar:
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4falco::4mewtwo::4lucas::4ryu: ?

All the waves are completely different when looking at different regions. Heck we have Yarn Yoshi's right now.

When making this exact post I didn't know where the Amiibo lines for my region (as I watched the American stream for the new Content Direct) They never did say when the Amiibo where scheduled for the UK.
But I have done research and Falco seems to be in a different wave. I can still be wrong though.
Now maybe it's because I am a NIB collector and it bothers me that Falco is not with the starting line up before the mii's.
But hey in my original post I did say:

(please note this is extreme straw grasping)
I was just thinking the only reason they are holding him back is to promote Star Fox. It's the only logical reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, Doodle, but I think I speak for both of us when I say that the numbers are more just spurring the conversation again that it's weird that Falco is delayed.

His number feels wrong, even if it's based on release date and is correct. It's just a matter of looking at it now that we have it.
I guess it is my NIB collector that bothers me. Plus at the time of my original post I didn't know when they came out over here.
But hey my bad :p

Ken is....very different.
Almost too different.
So it's not just me then.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would guess that Lucas and Mewtwo will release with Falco. Either that or they delayed Falco's Amiibo so they could do a Star Fox Amiibo bundle like with Splatoon, Woolly World, Mario Maker, Chibi Robo and Animal Crossing.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Full Ken trailer for Street fighter 5
He looks so werid and that akuma tease at the end though

Edit::4greninja:'d

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Yeah not really digging the hair either.

But hey that's what alternate costumes are for :awesome:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's so obviously not Akuma. Lol. It looks more like he'd be the new fighter from New Zealand.

Unless Akuma has aged down like Heihachi, which is unlikely considering time line, but this is why I hate the timeline of the SF series, it's too all over the place for me.

Chrono.

I really doubt it's Akuma. They haven't revealed a single new character so I'm guessing it's about time.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Here in the UK we have different waves of release:
US:
:4ness::4pacman::4charizard::4wario::4robinm::4robinf::4jigglypuff::4greninja:
:4palutena::4darkpit:
:4ganondorf::4zss::4bowserjr::4drmario::4olimar::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
:4falco: and presumably :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:
UK:
:4ness::4pacman::4charizard::4wario::4robinm::4robinf:
:4greninja::4jigglypuff:
:4ganondorf::4palutena::4darkpit::4zss:
:4bowserjr::4drmario::4olimar:
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4falco::4mewtwo::4lucas::4ryu: ?

All the waves are completely different when looking at different regions. Heck we have Yarn Yoshi's right now.

When making this exact post I didn't know where the Amiibo lines for my region (as I watched the American stream for the new Content Direct) They never did say when the Amiibo where scheduled for the UK.
But I have done research and Falco seems to be in a different wave. I can still be wrong though.
Now maybe it's because I am a NIB collector and it bothers me that Falco is not with the starting line up before the mii's.
But hey in my original post I did say:

I was just thinking the only reason they are holding him back is to promote Star Fox. It's the only logical reason.

I guess it is my NIB collector that bothers me. Plus at the time of my original post I didn't know when they came out over here.
But hey my bad :p

So it's not just me then.
I'm aware amiibo release under a different schedule in the UK.

This doesn't change the fact that the numbering shouldn't be weird when we knew Falco would be releasing later than the others for a month now.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ken looks weeeeeeeird. It's gonna take a while for me to get adjusted to that new appearance.

The guy at the end kinda reminds me of Wolf from Virtua Fighter for some reason...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Ken's theme is what I am most excited about.
If I do pick up Street Fighter I will main Ken.

Even if he did, that's not really relevant. We were told that there could be amiibo support for the game, and
I'm aware amiibo release under a different schedule in the UK.
This doesn't change the fact that the numbering shouldn't be weird when we knew Falco would be releasing later than the others for a month now.
You guys knew.
I however did not as I stated.
When I made the original post I had no idea when the Amiibo where being released in my region.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I would guess that Lucas and Mewtwo will release with Falco. Either that or they delayed Falco's Amiibo so they could do a Star Fox Amiibo bundle like with Splatoon, Woolly World, Mario Maker, Chibi Robo and Animal Crossing.
If Falco had a Star Fox line amiibo maybe, but this is the Smash one were talking about. Falco isn't the main character either, though I suppose a reprint of Fox at the same time could be why he was rare in the first place.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ken looks like a MMA fighter
And he rarely plays close to Ryu. He not even close to a clone anymore, homeboy got a :4luigi:-fication

Also @ AreJay25 AreJay25 I'm gonna call it here, if Ken got a redesign so will Sean and Sakura if they are in the game

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ken looks like a MMA fighter
And he rarely plays close to Ryu. He not even close to a clone anymore, homeboy got a :4luigi:-fication

Also @ AreJay25 AreJay25 I'm gonna call it here, if Ken got a redesign so will Sean and Sakura if they are in the game
Wouldn't doubt it at this point. Makes me wonder if they'll change up Urien and Alex, though.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Falco had a Star Fox line amiibo maybe, but this is the Smash one were talking about. Falco isn't the main character either, though I suppose a reprint of Fox at the same time could be why he was rare in the first place.
I dunno, it could just literally be the circumstances right now. As it sounds like Miyamoto had thought about an Arwing Amiibo, if that was scrapped then Falco could have just been thrown in with the game.

It's not as if he's not a main character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom